No announcement yet.

MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still unable to use netflix (lines with double screen), is there any known way to fix this? dropping back to an older ver? or can I assist in giving you whatever you need to test possible fixes? Everything else works fine (so far, still testing this rom, just flashed an hour ago on a cozyswan s400).

Comment

AW: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Try it with the Exposed Framework from XDA. There is a Plugin for Netflix Fix on CM 10. Install Both and it will work.

Neomode

Send from Mobile

Comment

I can confirm that absolutely works, you have just made my night. I would recommend putting that on the first page to help tons of others out, but I appreciate the response and great work you've done. Your current rom actually feels like a much smoother experience than any of the others I've used.

In case this is googled,

Cozyswan S400: Netflix temporary fix for 4.2.2 Jellybean can be achieved with Xposed framework + Netflix Fix module

Comment

Originally posted by BaDTaG View Post
          Nice i assume that it is the custom one?
          if not i can use the stock one to until it is ready )
          BaDTaG
          Still need the original ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasp View Post
            Still need the original ROM?
            Yes pleas :-)

it is nice to have in backup plus i can get my device to work until the custom rom is finnished

ps sorry for my spelling and autocorrect )
            Last edited by BaDTaG; 07-22-2013, 21:19.

Comment

hmmmmmmmm no bluetooth lol.

i run bdt from terminal

enter in enable from the daemon.

get HAL REQUEST FAILED STATUS : 5 (unknown error)

damn

Comment

I just got my MK809III and flashed on this rom and it seams like BT and WIFI is now not working. It obviously is the same as the 802 and the BT and WIFI chip must have changed.

Also im trying to use it on a Motorolla Atrix Lapdock and the only resolutions that are being displayed are 720x576p-50 and 720x480p-60.

I know i had this same issue with my MK808 but it went away when i flashed the Finless Rom V2.1 720p Rom. Im Guessing the problem is with EDID. I know it may be a big request but any change you could do the same on this rom and force it to 720p?

Thanks

Ashley

Comment

Yes pleas :-)

it is nice to have in backup plus i can get my device to work until the custom rom is finnished

ps sorry for my spelling and autocorrect )
                  I see you have posted in a few places trying to get your MK802IV working with wifi And BT again.

I did same as you and mine stopped working, But i installed this:

and now its running 4.2.2 and all is working again.

Antutu score:15236

Comment

Originally posted by corruptsector View Post
                    I see you have posted in a few places trying to get your MK802IV working with wifi And BT again.

I did same as you and mine stopped working, But i installed this:

and now its running 4.2.2 and all is working again.

Antutu score:15236

Hi yes i got the same one this night from customor support.
                    Wifi is working now all i need is a custom rom so i can use the undervolt kernal.
                    The MK802iv runs hot wen xbmc is running.. And yes still need good working xbmc with hardware support for this device.

Comment

Hi yes i got the same one this night from customor support.
                      Wifi is working now all i need is a custom rom so i can use the undervolt kernal.
                      The MK802iv runs hot wen xbmc is running.. And yes still need good working xbmc with hardware support for this device.
                      Isn't enough just installing some free app for clock timing and change governor from interactive to "ondemand" and set lower max frequency? I don't think tweaking voltage is anyhow advanced with android devices anyway (If i am wrong with the governor / voltage settings - anyone who is more "educated", feel free to correct me)

Btw, if your device runs really really hot it might me malfuctioning piece... I had tested circa 60 MK802IV and safe max temp is around 45-50°C (IMO). So far i have encountered just 2 pieces that were running so hot it kept crashing the device.
                      Last edited by Gasp; 07-23-2013, 12:40.

Comment

MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Yea i must say that mine is running pretty cool. At 1.6ghz.

Comment

Well mine just crashed for the first time to day. but it is like 30 degrees Celsius here so maybe it is the heat. after all it is summer time and if the max temp is about 50 well 20 degrees difference from room temp to device temp is okay.

but still it would be nice with some different kernals to test.

Comment

Re: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Heat is a killer of circuitry. Well... heat, static electricity and moisture are all heavy offenders, but heat is especially dangerous. It begins slowly breaking down and degrading the onboard components from the first moment the chips get hot. As such, the TV stick could withstand years of heat without failure, or only a few weeks of intense abuse.

Unfortunately, out of factory the RKM MK802 IV has only a small rudimentary heat spreader plate and very little effective case venting. It will overheat if in an environment above average room temperature and put to test. Relying on passive cooling while it is in the case will only be safe if it's exterior temperature is kept low. A cool breeze to wick the heat off the device is optimal. I have ordered custom heatsinks for the RAM, SOC, and NAND chips on my MK802IV, and intend to apply them to the chips with the shell removed and in a dedicated fan cooled box, overclocked. Even with the heatsinks installed on the IV and a fan drawing air right past them, the system is only as potentially effective as the ambient air temp being drawn into the box will permit. That being said, even keeping the stick somewhere close to the floor where it is a couple degrees cooler can have a significant impact on performance and device longevity. That's my plan, anyway..
                            In short; You want to keep spontaneous heat related shutdowns to an absolute minimum. The cooler, the better.

- mech
                            Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                            Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                            uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                            iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                            Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
                              nicely summed up

Comment

Bluetooth A2DP working but fails to work with skype or any other skype like app..

At first I would to thank Neo for this wonderful ROM.. Everything seems to be perfect except Bluetooth with skype or any other app like skype.... I can listen to songs using bluetooth but it fails as soon as I try to test skype test call. No matter what it wont connect... be it nimbuzz, skype , oovoo etc, the problem seems general.. Anybody else has this problem or is it only me facing the problem....
                                Dear Neo, Your help is highly appreciated....

Comment

Working...
                                X