MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RandomBoy View Post
    I've solved my wifi stability issue changing channel of router from 1 to 9. Now sd movies on samba works very well, hd are a little bit stutter and full hd are very stutter. Very big progress. I've used inSSIDer 3 (windows) for interferences survey.
    Now Youtube 720p works perfect, no stuttering, better than movies from external drive (no samba)
    Did Somebody knows why I cannot switch to H/W mode in MXplayer free after neotv fw flash?

Thanks
    Glad to know you solved the wifi issues, that could've been the cause of the stutter or frameskipping on streaming content, but if you still have the same problems when you play from an external drive, it must be something else. Have you tried to use the 720p 60hz resolution on system screen settings? If so, did you nottice any improvements? Because I'm using a 720p kernel, for me, since it's upscaled, makes no sense using 1080p resolution, even on a full hd tv like I use, performance will be lower and I can't see any difference in image quality.

Comment

Hello,

my stick is not booting after installing the rom, i have an MK802 IV S

​thx for help!

Comment

will it work on MK809III?

Comment

Yes it should Work without Problems.

Neomode

Comment

Hello, this is my first TV stick, I managed to install this ROM into my QC802, everything works, but the Netflix still have the scrambled image, I downloaded from Play Store and restarted the stick, but I still have the scrambled image. Do I need anything else to make it work?

Comment

Is it the 4.2.2 android OS that has issues? I think I resolved the heat issues with a fan, the heatsink feels cool to the touch, no more random reboots and crashes, but I still get issues with the Android UI, and sometimes I carries over to video playback. No clue... YouTube is also buggy sometimes, but when it's running we'll, I play HD no problem.

Comment

LAN Ethernet

When will be driver for LAN?

Comment

Windows 8

I'm unable to install drivers on my 64bit Windows 8.
                  I follow the procedure and it says that the drivers were not found in the folder.

Comment

Finally! A stable flash! I used this ROM w/ the 1.2 ghz underclocked kernel, now things are working smoothly.

Comment

No more jitter and smooth playback even through streaming from pc/youtube/netfllix.
                      using this rom, extreme oc kernel (1.87 ghz, 1500 memory), min freq 1000, tweak interactive to highspeed=1.4 ghz, + this. Cooling is a MUST, otherwise youll burn your device.
                      I have an 720p tv so I cant be sure about 1080p.
                      I streamed a 1080p movie (9 gb) from my pc and it was smooth.
                      Netflix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1358293052
                      +
                      First and foremost: A special thanks to John, Hartley, Sam, and Keith. The stock app will only allow you to browse in portrait and stream in Landscape. This app is for those of us...

Comment

Kinda stupid that my MK808 can play HD videos without frame skipping or stuttering considering it has approximately half of the performance...

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                          No more jitter and smooth playback even through streaming from pc/youtube/netfllix.
                          using this rom, extreme oc kernel (1.87 ghz, 1500 memory), min freq 1000, tweak interactive to highspeed=1.4 ghz, + this. Cooling is a MUST, otherwise youll burn your device.
                          I have an 720p tv so I cant be sure about 1080p.
                          I streamed a 1080p movie (9 gb) from my pc and it was smooth.
                          Netflix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1358293052
                          +
                          http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178425
                          I spoke to soon, my 1.2 ghz kernel is nice and stable for everything, now my problem is Plex can't stream video, regardless of the quality.

Comment

Im using esxplorer + bs player since I have only mkv files.

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                              Im using esxplorer + bs player since I have only mkv files.
                              I'm trying to "upgrade" from my raspberry pi so that I can have YouTube + Browser + Netflix etc. So far this hasn't been an upgrade, just a pain hahaha. I have half a TB worth of media on my server which serves more than just the one TV with the MK908III.

Comment

Originally posted by straightsix View Post
                                I spoke to soon, my 1.2 ghz kernel is nice and stable for everything, now my problem is Plex can't stream video, regardless of the quality.
                                I have the same problem. Had to install BS player and tell plex to stream to the external player.

I think the solution might lie within the experimental library that mk802 III used. Neo, do you think you could incorporate it into the rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X