Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackstarr
    replied
    I do see the video jitter in in rk3188 comparing it side by side with my rk3066, esp in real 1080p res. Though it is still acceptable but it's a bit annoying that the latter is performing better. Hopefully the newly release sdk 2.0 should resolve this.

Leave a comment:

• sam321
    replied
    A Big thanks to neomode for this. and as for the video micro jitter I don't see it personally, if you have to look really hard to see then it is not a problem for me as I do not analyze every frame

Leave a comment:

• BrunoNRG
    replied
    Ok, thank you so much

I think channel 14 ain't supported, it doesn't show on the router channel list.

Edit: Just made another wifi speedtest, download speed has dropped to
    1.78mbps... If I disconnect and connect again it will go back to 12mbps

Edit 2: Changed to channel 9, so far it seems to be working ok
    Last edited by BrunoNRG; 06-21-2013, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Your Welcome :-)
    When to much on Chanell 1 go to 3 or 14 if supported !

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• BrunoNRG
    replied
    These two were just taken:

Judging from the number of wifi networks using channel 1, I would say that they had the same idea you did. Should I change to channel 3?

Still detecting all my neighbours wifi networks

The last 5 tests, from 16:03 to 16:14, were made after I changed to channel 1

I think it worked, many thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    It is the Problem, your other Device´s have good WiFi Antennas.
    But the Stick not try it and you will see ;-)

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• BrunoNRG
    replied
    Ok, thanks, I'll change to channel 1. But if that is the problem, shouldn't it also happen on the other devices using my home wifi? I also have a desktop connected to the same router but using ethernet / rj45 connection.

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    I can see your Problem !
    It is the WiFi Chanel you are using.
    You are on Chanel 6 and Sharing this with a Min of 3 other Station.
    This Drop´s Down your Wifi Speed trust me.
    Try to do the follow thing.
    Go to Chanel 1 or 3 this will Improve your WiFi Signal and Speed.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• BrunoNRG
    replied
    Originally posted by neomode View Post
    I dont think so, for me WiFi Works o.k. But i keep on Working for a Solution for the WiFi.
    I have different AP in the House and will try all of it, because they are from different Manufactors.
    Will see if i can this Sideeffect you Talk about.
    By the Way let me ask, have you try the Software Wifi Analyzer to see if all is ok.
    Sometimes it can help to change the Chanel.

Neomode
    The router I have at home is a Netgear Wireless Cable Voice Gateway CVG834G
    (I don't know if this helps), and the internet service I have is a 15mbps connection.

I use Wifi Analyzer, results are not always the same, as well as the recommended wifi channel...

These two screenshots where taken on 4.1.1 ofw

It can detect many wifi connections

My home wifi is Defcon6, signal strenght is always excelent / full bars, but speed drops from 12/15 to 4/5mbps (sometimes even less) after a few minutes of connection. I don't think this is a router problem, all other devices (2 android smartphones [I think we have the same phone: Samsung gt-i9305], 2 laptops, 1 ps3) I have at home work perfectly and get a constant download / upload speed, and also did the mk802iv but only on 4.1.1 ofw.

Leave a comment:

• morias
    replied
    MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Right now i dont have notice any Jitter.
    Based on my super brief trial it seemed okay using BBC iPlayer. The image quality was not as good as my raspberry pi but it was as good as I get on my rk3066 sticks. However it was a lot better than my cx-919.

When I ran Netflix it crashed on loading.

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Originally posted by KoLSMS View Post
    Hello,

many thx for the replay in german, i will try on sunday to flash the stick, is there anywhere a step by step howto flash the stick? in the archive i only found the costum rom and the drivers...

thx...
    I will make one.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    I dont think so, for me WiFi Works o.k. But i keep on Working for a Solution for the WiFi.
    I have different AP in the House and will try all of it, because they are from different Manufactors.
    Will see if i can this Sideeffect you Talk about.
    By the Way let me ask, have you try the Software Wifi Analyzer to see if all is ok.
    Sometimes it can help to change the Chanel.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• KoLSMS
    replied
    Hallo,

Ja dies sollte ohne Probleme gehen. Falls du insgesammt zu wenig Speicher angezeigt
    bekommst nach dem Flashen sage es mir.

Es sollte aber alles glatt gehen.

Neomode
    Hello,

many thx for the replay in german, i will try on sunday to flash the stick, is there anywhere a step by step howto flash the stick? in the archive i only found the costum rom and the drivers...

thx...

Leave a comment:

• BrunoNRG
    replied
    This might seem like a stupid question, but after trying a few kernels and getting very different regarding wifi, I really have to ask... Is there any chance that a kernel will affect / improve wifi performance? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Hallo,

Ja dies sollte ohne Probleme gehen. Falls du insgesammt zu wenig Speicher angezeigt
    bekommst nach dem Flashen sage es mir.

Es sollte aber alles glatt gehen.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

Working...
X