Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help. Need images of MK802iv AP6210 board for antenna solder pad reference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help. Need images of MK802iv AP6210 board for antenna solder pad reference.

Hello all.
    I'm in desperate need of pics referencing the precise location of the two antenna lead solder pads and their respective "polarity" on my tv stick PCB. The device is an RKM MK802iv w/ AP6210. Any images of the antenna to board junction would be appreciated.

I've had an RP-SMA pigtail soldered on the board for over four years and it finally wiggled free recently. Not bad longevity considering the stick has never been in any sort of case or enclosure. Anyway, while on a soldering frenzy a few nights ago I reattached the coax to the board. Now the 802iv has network-itis... I can connect to the router from a few feet away, but data throughput is nearing non-existent.

I'm hoping the issue is just reversed contacts, or something similar. Following is a picture of my board, please disregard the dust buildup and hotmelt glue mess.

Thank you. Any assistance is appreciated. - mech

Last edited by mechaone; 05-11-2018, 06:14.
    Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

A follow up... I should have written this a few weeks ago. Oops...

Turns out the antenna IS properly soldered and the issue is in my network settings somewhere. All my 2.4GHz reliant devices are crippled by the problem and I have yet to locate the fix. My USB-Ether adapter is faster than the wifi connection ever was, so I'm now only connecting via wifi for certain apps that don't recognize the ethernet based net connection.

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Working...
    X