X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with linux

Hi,
    Today
    after screens of mysterious characters displayed, it stucked before the login screen show(just one cursor at top-left corner).It's Lubuntu. However I can press ctrl+shift+F1 to login to console.I have no clue how to fix it. Any help will appreciated.I have same problem with picuntu 4.5 perhaps more serious. It just don't starup.

Originally posted by hover View Post
    Hi,
    Today
    after screens of mysterious characters displayed, it stucked before the login screen show(just one cursor at top-left corner).It's Lubuntu. However I can press ctrl+shift+F1 to login to console.I have no clue how to fix it. Any help will appreciated.I have same problem with picuntu 4.5 perhaps more serious. It just don't starup.
    I think is F2 and not F1 and also, could you try that(it will reinstall login manager) :
    apt-get install - reinstall lightdm

Comment

thanks

thanks, it's ctrl+alt+F1 and ctrl+alt+F7 back to GUI. I have flashed XUbuntu. Next time I will try it. Lubuntu's genome mplayer works, other distribution's media player just can't streaming video from my nas equipment. why parole media player, it never works.

Comment

Working...
      X