MK822 Internals (Cozyswan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK822 Internals (Cozyswan)

Cozyswan MK822 internals as bought from DX.

The internals:
    LAN8720 ETHERNET PHY
    moai ma8601 USB controller?
    H27UCG8T2BTR 8 of 64Gb Nand storage
    GEIL 512X8DDR3 2GB of DDR3 Memory
    RTL8723AS WIFI/BT chip
    RK1000-S Audio codec/ TV out
    active 8846qm power manager?
    IT66121FN HDMI transceiver

Are there any other devices similar to this?
    I am trying to to compile the kernel with the drivers for these parts so I can run linux on it.

Attached ore the photos of the top and bottom of the pcb.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by konsgn View Post
    Cozyswan MK822 internals as bought from DX.

The internals:
    LAN8720 ETHERNET PHY
    moai ma8601 USB controller?
    H27UCG8T2BTR 8 of 64Gb Nand storage
    GEIL 512X8DDR3 2GB of DDR3 Memory
    RTL8723AS WIFI/BT chip
    RK1000-S Audio codec/ TV out
    active 8846qm power manager?
    IT66121FN HDMI transceiver

Are there any other devices similar to this?
    I am trying to to compile the kernel with the drivers for these parts so I can run linux on it.

Attached ore the photos of the top and bottom of the pcb.

I tried Wasser's rom kit

k-r42 old version and I now have 1080p, lan and wifi working ... no bluetooth.

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/firmw...sser-1.2.4.zip

Thanks, Wasser!

Comment

Originally posted by bobz View Post
      I tried Wasser's rom kit

k-r42 old version and I now have 1080p, lan and wifi working ... no bluetooth.

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/firmw...sser-1.2.4.zip

Thanks, Wasser!
      and you have a new pcb with this wifi card with the firmware works Wasser?
      MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
        and you have a new pcb with this wifi card with the firmware works Wasser?
        I have the same MK822 from Cozyswan. I also tried http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/firmw...sser-1.2.4.zip suggested by bobz. Bluetooth and the remote do not work.

This unit uses a RTL8723 for bluetooth and wifi.

Is there any chance someone will make alternate firmware for this hardware?

Comment

Have you tried this firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
            Hi Shomari, tried the firmware you suggested. Bluetooth, WIFI and remote all worked. LAN appeared to work but doesn't get an IP. Also, had several lockups while setting it up.

The original firmware http://pan.baidu.com/s/1NcWp?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c#dir is the best at the moment. LAN, WIFI, Bluetooth and remote all work.

Comment

Originally posted by cshep View Post
              Hi Shomari, tried the firmware you suggested. Bluetooth, WIFI and remote all worked. LAN appeared to work but doesn't get an IP. Also, had several lockups while setting it up.

The original firmware http://pan.baidu.com/s/1NcWp?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c#dir is the best at the moment. LAN, WIFI, Bluetooth and remote all work.

Shomari, does that latest ROM support real (kernel), not upconverted, 1080p yet?

Comment

Cozyswan CS918 Rk3188

I believe I have one of these devices, purchased from Amazon.com ( http://amzn.to/1f4UA0r ). It comes with the Mele F10 Air Mouse. Does someone have an alternate download location for the stock firmware? I have used the rkflashkit tools from Linux to backup my partitions, but I have still been a little weary about testing anything new without having a sure fire way to get back to a known good starting point. Plus, is this product not owned by too many people? I have not found too many other threads discussing the Cozyswan product?

Thank You.
                GemNeye

Comment

Originally posted by gemneye View Post
                  I believe I have one of these devices, purchased from Amazon.com ( http://amzn.to/1f4UA0r ). It comes with the Mele F10 Air Mouse. Does someone have an alternate download location for the stock firmware? I have used the rkflashkit tools from Linux to backup my partitions, but I have still been a little weary about testing anything new without having a sure fire way to get back to a known good starting point. Plus, is this product not owned by too many people? I have not found too many other threads discussing the Cozyswan product?

Thank You.
                  GemNeye
                  Try this link, in it you will find firmware for a lot of devices.

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。现在注册即有机会享受2T的免费存储空间

Here is the direct link to the latest firmware, January 02, 2014 (I just tested it on my Cozyswan MK822):

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间
                  Last edited by wolfpack122; 03-12-2014, 04:37. Reason: Added direct link to firmware

Comment

To the people who bought the MK822, did you guys get the RK3188T (1.4GHz) CPU in it?

Comment

Re: MK822 Internals (Cozyswan)

I have the same device bought from dx and managed to get stuck on boot. I can access recovery. How can i flash this device again. The img file i have downloaded is that possible in Stock recovery?

Edit: never mind I fixed it by myself. Thank you for your help
                      Last edited by Elroy1; 06-25-2014, 23:30.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfpack122 View Post
                        To the people who bought the MK822, did you guys get the RK3188T (1.4GHz) CPU in it?
                        just got it yesterday and i have rk3188 clocked at 1.6ghz

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                          Re: MK822 Internals (Cozyswan)

I have the same device bought from dx and managed to get stuck on boot. I can access recovery. How can i flash this device again. The img file i have downloaded is that possible in Stock recovery?

Edit: never mind I fixed it by myself. Thank you for your help
                          I have a brick mk822 box, do you know how to unbrick it? It's stuck on the red light, I need to flash it back to factory in order to bring it out from the red light status.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X