Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying rk3188. Is it an rk3188T or rk3188??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

I purchased what I thought was an honest rk3188 the other day. It shows up calling itself a 'Flytouch 10' (Dont they use Allwinner chips?), nothing like the spec advertised, etc. To cut a long story short, I kicked off, got my money back and kept the tab. (So a Free 10.1" rk3188)

At first, I thought this was the evil 'T' chip version BUT, the more I dig through it im not so sure. The build.prop has been modded to call its self a 'Flytouch 10', however, ive also found references to 'T7013N' (looks like a tv card) and 'm8pro' (pipo).

It claimed to be 1.6Ghz but seems capped at 1.4 (NO over clocking). 1Gb RAM (However one program identified 2Gb but only 1Gb usable). bluetooth, 2 cams, 16Gb. Its running Android 4.2.2 with no errors.

It uses the following hardware :

rk616 chip
    Q1001_V1_1101 mainboard
    skhynix RAM chip
    AXP 202 (Powerchip???)

Im pretty sure it has the wrong firmware on it as it takes 2min30 to bootup but gets an Antutu score of 15k as stock. Performance is sluggish at times but also very quick at times. Ive had the back off it and looked at the chips and the photo of the board is attached (NO branding on the CPU though ).

If anyone can help me identify this device or point me in the right direction of if it is a 3188 or a 3188T it would be an awesome help.

Chris

Hi again cass,

you won't believe that the flytouch 10 is an allwinner A31 device - as I said before.

Here we go...

When you recognice your device, then it is an Allwinner A31 tablet and not a rk3188(T) tablet.

And I found so far no firmware and no ROM for this device.

Read bad message about similar devices here... no ROM compatible.

to everyone on earth but not on any galaxy but in the chines android world like myself trying a custom rom that isn't specific to the screen size camera function n range of boards won't work n will soft brick ur phone/tablets r android device...

JDfense

Comment

RK616 is the newer Rockchip support chip for the RK3188 to drive dual displays, also Allwinner A31 CPUs run at 1 GHz (hot) and max overclock is ~1.25 GHz. AXP221 is a custom power chip for Allwinner A31.

I can't see the photos to confirm one way or other, but assume Jdefense is right. Antutu Benchmark will tell you the CPU and frequencies in the Device Info tab so should only take you a minute to confirm either way.

If it is a RK3188 then backup the ROM using the latest tool that Bob (Finless) documented a few weeks ago before you start doing anything. Firstly it will prove it is RK3188 (or not) and secondly it will allow you to recover from a bad flash.

If it is A31 then there are a few Kitkat ROMs out and Cyanomod CM11 for Onda and compatible tabs
      Last edited by d33; 02-10-2014, 14:15.
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Cheers guys. I was actually being sarcastic with the a31 thing. I know the flytouch10 ia an allwinner but this is definatly a rockchip. The point is it helped me get it free.

having done a few more tests it scores about the same as my mums rk3066. I think this is a firmware issue. Other than the 3188 loader everything else is rk30xx not rk31xx. It also refers to its self as a pipo m8pro which is an rk3066 I think.

ive got cwm running using the rk3066 version too. Im going to have a plY with putting some 3188 roms on it and see what

Comment

Be careful with slapping ROMs on tablets. Get one with a kernel using the wrong battery regulator and it could be terminal.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

NB. Pipo M8 max is 3066 m8 pro is 3188

Latest RileyROM for Pro has stock kernel Antutu of 18,300 and OC above 20,000

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
              Be careful with slapping ROMs on tablets. Get one with a kernel using the wrong battery regulator and it could be terminal.

Good luck.

How would I go about finding the regulator in a custom rom? Id assume most 3188s have the same?

Comment

So it is flytouch rockship device. I would search the flytouch models. Maybe you have another with a 10.1 inch screen.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Originally posted by cass_1977 View Post
                  How would I go about finding the regulator in a custom rom? Id assume most 3188s have the same?
                  there are several regulators, most devices are copied directly from the reference design so all the same.

my concern would be battery regulator.

Best would be to use "dmesg -d" to read the boot process and identify the regulators in use on your own device and get someone with the target ROM to do the same. If they match it is one less worry!

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                    there are several regulators, most devices are copied directly from the reference design so all the same.

my concern would be battery regulator.

Best would be to use "dmesg -d" to read the boot process and identify the regulators in use on your own device and get someone with the target ROM to do the same. If they match it is one less worry!
                    Ive attached the results of dmesg. Do you think you could have a look and give me any suggestions?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just found out some interesting info. The build of this tab is exactly the same as the Ippo V10! Same shape, button/port config. Its rare to see a device with vol and power buttons on the back so im guessing there arent many of these mainboards about. The ones ive seen so far are mine, a REAL flytouch 10 (A31) and this ippo v10 (3066). im starting to wonder about the cpu now. Is there a way to spoof the firmware into thinking a dual core cpu is a quad core one?

Comment

If you have minimum 15000 antutus it is a quad core for sure.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                          If you have minimum 15000 antutus it is a quad core for sure.

JDfense --->I8160
                          it gets that on Antutu but scores more like my mums rk3066 on other benchmarks. My 2 main things I need to know are these :

1) Can you spoof android into thinking that its a quad core (maybe by cloning each cpu so it looks like 4 but 2 are virtual) or thinking its a Rockchip when its an A31. This will help as ive only found 2 tabs with the same mainboard and ones an a31 and ones an rk3066. Similar spec but different devices. Both running the same mainboard! Also ive found references to both an A31 model and an rk3066 model in the firmware

2) What happens if you run, say firmware for an rk3188 on an rk3066 (IE 64bit on 32bit) or vice versa? Is it possible?

Comment

Ive finally got it! I decided to open her up again and remove the metal sticker covering the chip! This is what I found :

The back is the same as this

So, it IS an rk3188 (NO t in sight), so yippee I guess :/ I still dont know what the spec is and how to find the correct firmware but at least I now know the chip

Anyone got any idea how I can find the correct firmware for this?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by cass_1977; 02-11-2014, 01:02. Reason: new pic

Comment

Originally posted by cass_1977 View Post
                              Ive attached the results of dmesg. Do you think you could have a look and give me any suggestions?
                              It looks like this wasn't a dmesg from start up but I can still see:

Axp202 is the battery controller
                              Front cam is a GC0308
                              HDMI controller is the new RK616
                              LCD sensor is us5151
                              LCD uses lcdc1 (normal)

You can get screen resolution from Antutu Benchmark (device info tab)

Oh and it has 4 CPUs

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                              X