Recovery Screen Black after install of the generic rk3188 cwm recovery.img

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery Screen Black after install of the generic rk3188 cwm recovery.img

Hi I have been having a huge problem with trying to access the recovery screen after installing the generic cwm recovery.img for arch tools. I do have the stock recovery.img and have tried using adb to fix this but even when I flash_image recovery recovery.img the stock recovery isn't even coming up! Before I tried cwm I did root the tablet I am trying to fix. Its a rca tablet (rct6103w46) that I am trying to recover. Also I cant even install the rockchip drivers as if I do try to go into recovery mode it makes the device bring up a Usb Descriptor Fail. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

no luck for me either

I read your post yesterday before I flashed my own tablet with rk3188 generic recovery image. Black screen as well. Had to hard reset just to boot properly... I know this post doesn't help but I wanted you to know someone else is having the sanm problem. I am working on this. Don't know how far I will get but will keep you posted.. Please do the same

Comment

was just wondering if maying reflashing the system.img would fix this I did already try to reflash boot.img but had no luck either. I also was having problems with fastboot I cant it to show my google adb driver and adb does see the device atleast adb is working right and I already have root I was wondering if maybe there could be a port this to make the generic rk3188 cwm to work correctly for this device being I can dump everything

Comment

Worked all night on mine.. No good. ADB doesn't detect my device on Linux, or Win. I have noticed if the device is off and plugged in that the it shows up as android rather than RCT6103w46.. I've flashed TWRP for 1024*600 RK3188 (to see if it was the display). No good either.

I believe our issue lies in the differences between the RK3188 and RK3188T(that is what these tablets have, despite what any CPU tools say) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockchip
        The RK3188T is a lower-clocked version of the RK3188, with the CPU cores running at a maximum speed of 1.4 GHz instead of 1.6 GHz. The Mali-400MP4 GPU is also clocked at a lower speed. As of early 2014, many devices advertised as using a RK3188 with a maximum clock speed of 1.6 GHz actually have a RK3188T with clock speed limited to 1.4 GHz. Operating system ROMs specifically made for the RK3188 may not work correctly with a RK3188T.[
        I also believe our kernel is in the boot partition. http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/
        to use generic ramdisk-only image, you have to have working kernel in kernel partition
        i don't see one. I fired up my windows machine to use RKAndroidTools, RKBatchTools, and RKflash none of which picked up our device, which points towards a difference in our tablet than what those tools were designed for (ours=RK3188t, tools=RK3188). THIS IS SPECULATION, UNPROVEN...

However after much combing of the internet I have found a website with a bit of information about our problem http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/...RK3188-tablets
        I simply flash the recovery.img only using RKAndroidTool. You may need to set the address to flash the recovery to one of: 00010000, 00012000, 00014000, and you will need a way to reboot to recovery. If you have root, Quick Boot will work. ...... If you reboot to the dead android, you have flashed recovery to the wrong address. I have only ever used those 3 addresses for recovery, though there certainly could be more. If you are unsuccessful, the tablet will still boot normally with a non-functioning recovery, which is what you have now.
        i like the "quite simply" part...because it isn't.
        but i still believe if we could get adb up and running we could at least restore our recovery.. but i would rather advance onwards to a CWM recovery, rather than retreat..

.....what would stop adb from seeing our device?

Comment

I have adb showing my device I tried flashing back the original recovery rom and I still have no recovery what so ever. I would love to use cwm over a stock recovery that was my main goal but at this point I just want to have a working recovery. As far as fastboot seeing my device it doesn't at all so I couldn't use fastboot to flash the recovery. Also when I put the device in recovery mode Windows must not like it cause it says failed usb device and I did manage to use a rk3188 to stop that issue and for Androidtools to work correctly. I am kinda stumped on what else to do.

Comment

How did you root this tablet? Neither my linux or windows pc shows it hooked up to root it.

Comment

Working...
            X