cx 919 cant find working rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cx 919 cant find working rom

Hi to all .iam relatively a new member to this site and have joined to solve some issues with my media device cx919 which I purchased about a month ago .but all the stock fimware has headache inducing frame skipping .so I trawled the .net to find a solution as the seller dint understand what was wrong with it
    so I tried finless bobs 1.5 and got no screen output qnd on 1.6 tv said unsupported signal I then tried neomodes rom but same result..so I swapped the 720p no oc kernel for the stock kernel and boom screen on but no wifi bluetooth or ethernet and still frame skipping I also treid the official rom the factory released and still no comms and still skipping ..... iam on the limit with this device as my missus is going spare as I got it for her as she loves xbmc and I want her off my beloved pc..lol any one else have this issue I have searched all possibilitys on freaktab .....iam wondering if my cx919 has different component variations than the ones thease roms where tested on

thanks in advance

Selv
    Last edited by selv; 07-26-2014, 09:28. Reason: incorrect phrases

cx919

P.s iam getting recovery andriod image after flash then no screen output after after this instance

Comment

Originally posted by selv View Post
      P.s iam getting recovery andriod image after flash then no screen output after after this instance
      I surspect you may have a clone cx919 can you post some photos of the pcb bored
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

sure

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        I surspect you may have a clone cx919 can you post some photos of the pcb bored
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20140726_152004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	434233Click image for larger version

Name:	20140726_152127.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	434232here you go ... what do you think?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7264[/ATTACH]here you go ... what do you think?
          100% sure its not a cx919.try the J22 rom that seems to work with the clone cx919 I will try & find you a link

Also where did you buy it from oh & be4 you start to panic about buying a clone theres nothing wrong with the clone there just harder to find roms for

try this one

Comment

100% sure its not a cx919.try the J22 rom that seems to work with the clone cx919 I will try & find you a link

Also where did you buy it from oh & be4 you start to panic about buying a clone theres nothing wrong with the clone there just harder to find roms for

try this one
            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ones-QuickShot
            Thanks for prompt response I was starting to think there was a hardware issue rather than a fault .I noticed its the r3188 T is that one a lower clock speed ?
            Thanks again

selv

Comment

Thanks for prompt response I was starting to think there was a hardware issue rather than a fault .I noticed its the r3188 T is that one a lower clock speed ?
              Thanks again

selv
              Yes the T chip has the slower clock speed but not that you will notice so I woud'nt worry too much about that its just amatter of finding the right rom now

this look like your device

hears another one you could try the last post

Comment

Yes the T chip has the slower clock speed but not that you will notice so I woud'nt worry too much about that its just amatter of finding the right rom now

this look like your device

hears another one you could try the last post
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...at-1-4ghz-720p
                the very last one worked and all seems good my missus has her tv back and my pc is my own again lol
                Thankyou v much i never expected to solve this that quickly ,,thanks again and a donation to the site will be paid when iam paid next

Comment

the very last one worked and all seems good my missus has her tv back and my pc is my own again lol
                  Thankyou v much i never expected to solve this that quickly ,,thanks again and a donation to the site will be paid when iam paid next
                  Glad you got it sorted ,These tv sticks are pretty hard to completely brick,So now you have a rom you can fall back to if it goes pear shape when trying other roms,

just out of interest where did you buy it

Comment

Glad you got it sorted ,These tv sticks are pretty hard to completely brick,So now you have a rom you can fall back to if it goes pear shape when trying other roms,

just out of interest where did you buy it
                    Newgoodtime a uk depo type shop from ****

after close inspection the nand flash has gone I have about a gig of storage (that will do for now ) may the file system be incorrect in that rom anything I can do without reflashing ?

Comment

Newgoodtime a uk depo type shop from ****

after close inspection the nand flash has gone I have about a gig of storage (that will do for now ) may the file system be incorrect in that rom anything I can do without reflashing ?
                      You can change the nand parameter from 1GB to 2GB/4GB or 6GB but you will need to reflash its the only way
                      Last edited by blinkone; 07-26-2014, 21:48.

Comment

You can change the nand parameter from 1GB to 2GB/4GB or 6GB but you will need to reflash its the only way
                        Ok done and done the stick runs well and doesnt get too hot after 6 hours (warm but not untouchable) got the nand back to 6gig wifi seems a bit iffy but ive got some wifi error fix apps that seem to do the trick thanks for the help

freaktab is awesome thankyous

Comment

Ok done and done the stick runs well and doesnt get too hot after 6 hours (warm but not untouchable) got the nand back to 6gig wifi seems a bit iffy but ive got some wifi error fix apps that seem to do the trick thanks for the help

freaktab is awesome thankyous
                          Donation sent

Comment

Working...
                          X