Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet connection puzzle

Hi there,
    Ist time user so Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find any anwers after running a number of searches.

Yesterday I updated my RK3188 android tv box with Gotham 14 from Frodo. in order to improve the buffering and stuttering I switched over to ethernet from wifi. Now perhaps it's only me but Gotham is not as stable on this device (in my opinion) as Frodo was as it kept on hanging up which neccesitated swithing the device on and off to restart. During one of this resets I accidently pressed reboot which meant I had to reload Gotham again and reinstall all the addons again. For some reason now I can only connect to the internet via the wifi and not ethernet. I have rebooted my modem and the android device but does not want to connect. Could anyone perhaps provide any pointers. Any and all comments aprreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by Snakedoctor View Post
    Hi there,
    Ist time user so Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find any anwers after running a number of searches.

Yesterday I updated my RK3188 android tv box with Gotham 14 from Frodo. in order to improve the buffering and stuttering I switched over to ethernet from wifi. Now perhaps it's only me but Gotham is not as stable on this device (in my opinion) as Frodo was as it kept on hanging up which neccesitated swithing the device on and off to restart. During one of this resets I accidently pressed reboot which meant I had to reload Gotham again and reinstall all the addons again. For some reason now I can only connect to the internet via the wifi and not ethernet. I have rebooted my modem and the android device but does not want to connect. Could anyone perhaps provide any pointers. Any and all comments aprreciated. Thank you.

Solved. Issue was with the router taking up the IP number. Reset the router and can now connect

Comment

Working...
    X