Image Rooting Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Rooting Request

My other half has just bought one of these.

It has a RK3188 CPU and runs JB 4.2.2

I downloaded the factory firmware here

I attempted to inject root into the image after extracting it but after the build and flash, it won't show root.

So I wondered if anybody was willing to root the image for me to flash for her.

Thanks.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

I will give it a try...but it will have to be tomorrow. I'm starting a 12 hour shift in the Emergency Room in a few minutes...so I won't have time until then.

I'll keep you posted on what I see after I download the firmware.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I will give it a try...but it will have to be tomorrow. I'm starting a 12 hour shift in the Emergency Room in a few minutes...so I won't have time until then.

I'll keep you posted on what I see after I download the firmware.
      Thank you very much Randy.

Whenever you have time.

Comment

OK, I have the firmware...starting to work on it. Stay tuned...I have 3 ROM's cooking today. It's either feast or famine around here.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

OK, I have the firmware...starting to work on it. Stay tuned...I have 3 ROM's cooking today. It's either feast or famine around here.
          Hehe

Put mine at the back of the list.

I am grateful to you for taking a look.

Comment

OK, here's a ROM to test for me.

The main reason the 4gb parameter wouldn't work was because there was a bunch of wasted space in the system partition. The 4gb parameter wouldn't fit. I shrunk the system partition to the actual size of the system.img file.

This ROM is:

Rooted
            Debloated
            Init.d/Busybox Support added
            Pre-Install of apps from external SD "autoinstall" folder
            English default
            1,2,3,4,5,6gb user app space parameters to try
            Reboot App by Petrus
            Multi User activated

Download

Let me know how it works, and I'll start a thread for this ROM.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

OK, here's a ROM to test for me.

The main reason the 4gb parameter wouldn't work was because there was a bunch of wasted space in the system partition. The 4gb parameter wouldn't fit. I shrunk the system partition to the actual size of the system.img file.

This ROM is:

Rooted
              Debloated
              Init.d/Busybox Support added
              Pre-Install of apps from external SD "autoinstall" folder
              English default
              1,2,3,4,5,6gb user app space parameters to try
              Reboot App by Petrus
              Multi User activated

Download

Let me know how it works, and I'll start a thread for this ROM.
              Cheers Randy.

I'll test and report back soon.

You are very thorough with all the options

Comment

The flashing process went well but it's stuck on the boot logo screen and trying to figure out a way to switch it off so that I can reconnect in flash mode.

Comment

Is there a reset hole on the back of the tablet. If so press it.

Sent from my P9
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

She was trying that, or so I thought until I realised over the phone that she was poking inside the wrong hole lol

Reset worked and then flashed again and all was perfect the second time.

Many thanks Randy and I have instructed her to send a donation

Comment

I'm glad it worked. I will make a new thread for the ROM. Any idea why the first flash didn't work?

Sent from my P9
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

No idea why it didn't work the first time.

It booted into recovery and carried out the erase etc OK before commencing the boot.

Gave it about 15 minutes to complete just to be sure that it wasn't processing something in the background.

Comment

Hi, can someone to write the instructions on how I can root the same tablet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michail17 View Post
                            Hi, can someone to write the instructions on how I can root the same tablet ?
                            Why not just flash the tablet with the custom rooted firmware created by Randy?

Comment

Yes, I agree but how I can do it to the certain tablet ?
                              Which is the procedure ?

Comment

Working...
                              X