Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to boot my tv box

Hi all, I'm new here.

I purchased this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-B...001649535.html a couple weeks ago and it got here today. I booted it and it had xbmc preinstalled but resolution was not FHD, just HD. So I tried flashing a custom ROM.

Stupid as I am, I flashed without caution and without a backup, so now I don't only not have FHD, I don't even have a working tv box. I've tried the following ROMs (and yes, doing the needle thing and the needle thing working, so they were correctly flashed)

005_0317_1.6G update , flashed, booting but black screen. Recovery worked, but I wasn't able to move through it to try a simple "reboot system now".

CR11S_20131020_1080P and CS918 RK3188 RTL8723AS WIFI BLUETOOTH ANDROID 4.2.2 LOADERV213 06072014 not working, couldn't flash.

Hybrid Firmware couldn't flash either.

last firmware for what I think my model is (Q7 RK3188 168967 20141212) flashed correctly but same as for the first: black screen and unable to move in recovery.

Q7_1220 update, the same.

ROM T-R42 not flashing.

TVDroid_v.0.2_htc_t018_ap6210_20131203_PRE_ROOTED NEXUS7 weird one. First time I flashed it, booted but I was unable to toggle wifi. Then I couldn't flash it. Then I was able to flash it but didn't boot at all.

k-r42-wasser-kitkat-0.91 unable to flash.

Q7 lewy 20041 unable to flash. Trying it again as of now. edit: confirmed as not flashing, Download IDB Fail. This is after doing the needle thing and erasing NAND/IDB, and using both the upgrade and the restore buttons.

Q7 by vector unable to flash.

RAM1GB rk31 8G2G flashed every time (it was my fallback ROM) but it boots with the android logo on the top left, with a holo blue line right below, and nothing else. Said image kept vanishing and reappearing, as if it were a bootloop.

wasser-firmware-tr42-new-1.0.4 couldn't flash.

The main issue is that I don't know which ROM I can flash. I just guess and try around, which was my doom at the beginning.

In case it helps, on the board there is engraved "XT-Q7V-V10" and right below "2014-08-15". Over the NAND it says "Q7V-V10 8G/2G" and right below "2014-11-22". Some pics:

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need some more complete info, or for me to try something, please ask.

T-R42_2.0_Board

this one not flashing either. frack.

Comment

When you say "couldn't flash" what do you mean?

And, did you contact the seller to see if they have available the firmware?
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

HI Guys: I just got a little time to update some firmware for you. The first one is for the Q7 TV BOX: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q7-TV-BOX-RK3188-Bluetooth-v4-0-Android-4-2-External-Wifi-Antenna-Ethernet-Port-with-2-4GHZ-wireless-Air-Mouse–Black-324259.html Q7 tv box should be the cheapst rk3188t quad core tv box in market. but there are also a lot of simialr model with same case, like T-R42,CS918,MK918 Etc, I have […]

someone gave me this on another forum, it's supposed to be official firm, I'll see when it downloads (20-25kb/s, damn baidu man).

But are there any custom ROMs for my model?

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
          When you say "couldn't flash" what do you mean?

And, did you contact the seller to see if they have available the firmware?
          sometimes they were "IDB download fail", some others "preflash validation" or something like that, and some others firmware download failed. Do you want the specific error code for any of the ROMs?

Comment

No, just curious about the reason you couldn't flash. You should be able to flash them all.

If you get Download IDB Failed that is a device error. You may want to try to flash some of those again.

Comment

No, just curious about the reason you couldn't flash. You should be able to flash them all.

If you get Download IDB Failed that is a device error. You may want to try to flash some of those again.
              Ok, I guess I'll try again but I believe that some of the errors are due to the fact that the Rom might not be compatible with my device.

Comment

I'm gonna report on what happens exactly with every ROM I try. Procedure being: Erase NAND, needle to the pin so the square becomes blue (heh, needles and pins), erase nand again, and then upgrade. Then repeat but this time hitting restore.

T-R42_2.0_Board , gives me the same error twice: Download IDB Fail. Same for K-R42-HFW_1.2.0_Final_1080p, Q7_1220_update(1), Q7_Firmware_By_lewy20041,

k-r42-wasser-kikat-0.91 Get Flashinfo Fail twice.

RAM1GB_rk31_EKB311A_8723au_4.4_140430_8G2G actually installs but is stuck in some sort of bootloop.

okokokok after correctly flashing the one from above, I ran a NAND delete and DID NOT DO the needle thing and now CS918 RK3188 RTL8723AS WIFI BLUETOOTH ANDROID 4.2.2 LOADERV213 06072014 has installed correctly, I'm gonna check it!!! EDIT: nope, black screen. nuzn. moving on.

now 005_0317_1.6G update, which also installs correctly but black screen.

k-r-42 wasser did Get Flashinfo Fail.

wasser-firmware-tr42-new-1.0.4 is installing correctly, gonna check. Nope, simply not booting. Red LED, nothing on the screen.

Found a guy who modded my original ROM, downloading his right now, in 15 minutes I'll try it out but it should work. For those with my problems, it was right here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...014-KitKat-ROM
                Last edited by novren; 12-23-2014, 22:12.

Comment

So, the above linked rom worked using a kernel from one of the mediafire packs in the thread. then wifi started going super-slow and i decided to call it a day. Later, I tried to turn it on and bam, black screen.

Anyway, it works, let's see tomorrow.

Comment

Is shorting the NAND the only way you have to get to flash mode? Is there no reset/plug method?

Comment

Only the pin trick works. Pin 8.9

Comment

Conect the pins en then plug the power dc in. First start the program 😆

Comment

Is shorting the NAND the only way you have to get to flash mode? Is there no reset/plug method?
                          When the bootloader gets corrupted it's the only way for the computer to detect it in mask mode. So yeah.

Anyhow I flashed this http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...10-wifi-module which is the official firmware and then edited a line from build.prop to have fullhd and now I have a fully working 1080p tv box. The line is video.use.overlay, and I changed it from 1 to 0.

Edit: as I was saying above, the problem was that I was flashing firmware not belonging to my device. There isn't any CFW for mine yet, so for now I'm happy cause it's quite stable, fhd, rooted and with beyond xbmc.

Comment

Working...
                          X