Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box M8S RK3188 2GB/16GB similar to RKM MK902 or any other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box M8S RK3188 2GB/16GB similar to RKM MK902 or any other?

Hello everybody,

got a M8S RK3188 Smart TV Box with 2GB Ram and 16GB Rom running KitKat 4.4.2.
    Unfortunately there are serveral bugs. Especially streaming apps (Youtube, etc.) are not working, e.g. shutting down or lagging.
    Searching for an alternative Firmware I wondered if this box is a clone of another more public one or if another is similar enough to use its hopefully better firmware.

Vendor with specs:

Kernel Version: 3.0.36+ Thu Jun 19 11:08:26 CST 2014
    Build-Number: rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.zz.20140617.093501 test-keys
    Vendor software version: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK-AP6XXX

It seems that the RKM MK902 is very similar to the M8S, only Cam has a little different position in the box and has 5 instead of 2MP.

Anyone any idea if there`s a similar box or another firmware that could be used for this one??

Well, for everyone who's maybe interested in this:

I opened the box and checked mainboard and chips. It seamed that I was wrong and the M8S I bought is NOT similar with the RKM MK902.
    Instead of the given specs there's just a RK3188-T on board (HTC-T018-V4) with AP6210 Wifi Chip.
    So I tried the Quick-Shot Rom 3.1 for the CS968 and it works, even better than the original firmware.

My conclusion is that the promised NEWEST Android Box M8S with RK3188 is just the old CS968 with RK3188-T built in a different box.

Comment

M8s

Hi, could you please tell me how you flashed your M8s TV box? I tried to press the reset button and then plugin the AC adapter but it just boots up as usual. I would at least like get my box rooted. Thank you for any information you can provide. I also ran the app that shows if the cpu is a RK3188 or the RK3188T and the app shows it to be a RK3188 CPU

Comment

I flashed the box with the tool which was included in the package with the Quick-Shot 3.1 ROM.
        I pressed the Reset Button while I connected a USB-Cable with the box and my Windows-PC, AC adapter not needed to connect.
        Then I was able to install drivers for the box so that it is recognized by the Quick-Shot flashing software and I could flash the new ROM. Everything quite easy.

Didn't check the chip version by software myself, but the chip on the motherboard of my M8S is definitely labeled with RK3188-T.

Comment

M8s

Hi K3K, I flashed my box using the same rom as you now my wifi and blue tooth don't seem to work. Did you have that same problem? Thank for any info you can provide.
          Best Regards,
          Bama

Comment

I installed this ROM "CUSTOM-ROM-QuickShoT-v3-1-for-cs968(ap6210-and-2Mpx-camera)-CR11S(ap6210-and-2Mpx-camera)".
            And I do not have any problem with wifi or bluetooth. Everything works fine.
            Sure that you took same ROM?

Comment

Rom

Hi again K3K, My M8s box must not be the same as yours I downloaded the same rom that you used but got the same results. I then downloaded another rom fot the TV01 box and rooted it and everything works great!. I just wanted to thank you for all the outstanding help you provided me. Many thanks!

Best Regards,
              Bama

Comment

yes,I has found one firmware used for m8s, but I forgot where it is now, let me to check...

Comment

Hi, I have found this firmware used for m8s...

Comment

Originally posted by bama View Post
                    Hi again K3K, My M8s box must not be the same as yours I downloaded the same rom that you used but got the same results. I then downloaded another rom fot the TV01 box and rooted it and everything works great!
                    Do you have a link of the firmware you used for your M8s?

Originally posted by Gecycreat View Post
                    Hi, I have found this firmware used for m8s...
                    http://www.roofull.com/news/m8s-andr...ware-download/
                    That's a completely different box also named M8S. There's a AMLogic Chip in the box, not a RK3188 like in ours.
                    But thanks for your comment!

Comment

TV01 UpdatedHere is the link Firmware

Here is the link for the TV01 TV Box I used on my M8s box.http://blog.geekbuying.com/?p=15451

Everything work great with this ROM and it seems to run very fast too! But, the ROM is NOT ROOTED
                      Best Regards,
                      Bama

Comment

(SOLVED)

This Problem has been solved!

Comment

Working...
                        X