Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Help rooting MK809IV Kitkat 4.4.2 (RK3188T / RTL8723bs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Help rooting MK809IV Kitkat 4.4.2 (RK3188T / RTL8723bs)

Finally got one solution !!

I used Kingo Root app for PC

It's free app, so don't forget to donate to author

The version I used is 1.2.9
    While desperately looking for a root solution, I tried this one and got ROOT

Important :

If you plan to use this method, DISABLE AUTOMATIC APPLICATION UPDATES from google play, to avoid SuperSU to be updated to latest (the one installed with KingoRoot is 2.02
    Stick with this one
    In attachments, some screenshots:
    SuperSU 2.02
    Root access to /data/data normally impossible

I hope this helps someone else

Hello everyone here
    I recently purchased an android PC MK809IV with Rockchip 3188T SOC and RTL8723bs Wifi/BT OEM, the red stick one
    After installing proper drivers and dealing with several ADB rooting methods, trying several root binaries (thanks to people who supported me via PM), trying every available rooting method I could find...nothing happened, still have no root :'[

su and busybox binaries are in place (/system/bin and /system/xbin) with proper permissions and ownership, using daemonsu and so on ...
    sometimes supersu tells that no binary is available, sometimes asks but fails to update it.
    Has it any chance to get root ? could someone help me ?
    Do I have to wait for a proper ROM ?

This may look stupid, but could flashing just system.img from a ROM designed for the AP6210 version, after backing up drivers from current one, give me proper root ? If yes which drivers and files could I copy ?

This stick is driving me
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bobby_mkiv; 01-01-2015, 20:20. Reason: Solved problem

A little help please?

Hello,

I just purchased a second hand CS 768 RK 3188 and all is fine except I don't know nothing about it and can't install root with kingo.

I successfully installed RK driver but the box is only recognised when I plug USB host to windows with reset button pushed.
    Then drivers appear in Windows USB is connected, BUT nor MOBOROBO, nor KINGOROOT recognise the box.

Worst thing when I try to simply light on the box and plug the USB cable : USB don't "sound" in Windows and RK driver don't show in hardware control panel.

If you can give me your help, it would be precious for the newbie I'm at Android smart boxes.

Thanks in advance.
    Jean-Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Jls View Post
      Hello,

I just purchased a second hand CS 768 RK 3188 and all is fine except I don't know nothing about it and can't install root with kingo.

I successfully installed RK driver but the box is only recognised when I plug USB host to windows with reset button pushed.
      Then drivers appear in Windows USB is connected, BUT nor MOBOROBO, nor KINGOROOT recognise the box.

Worst thing when I try to simply light on the box and plug the USB cable : USB don't "sound" in Windows and RK driver don't show in hardware control panel.

If you can give me your help, it would be precious for the newbie I'm at Android smart boxes.

Thanks in advance.
      Jean-Louis
      I´m new in this world aswell, but have you remembered to Tick the "Connect to PC" button under USB in settings?
      It´s needed to be able to connect, or else nothing will happen when you attach the cables.

Comment

Originally posted by TpS View Post
        I´m new in this world aswell, but have you remembered to Tick the "Connect to PC" button under USB in settings?
        It´s needed to be able to connect, or else nothing will happen when you attach the cables.

Hello,

Yes it's ticked. I don't understand why window don't detect the box when it is launched normally.
        Windows only detect the box if I launch it pressing reset button simultaneously.
        Doing so the box is recognised but moborobo won't connect.
        There is only one program that seem to connect the box in this mode. It's RKBATCH TOOL. I get a connection with green lighted icon in in program wich indicate it's connected to box isn't it?

Problem now remain , : how to root or flash a good pré rooted Rom ??

I'm really annoyed to stuck on this box.
        Help is very important. Without your help and community help, I cant do nothing.

Comment

Hello,

Yes it's ticked. I don't understand why window don't detect the box when it is launched normally.
          Windows only detect the box if I launch it pressing reset button simultaneously.
          Doing so the box is recognised but moborobo won't connect.
          There is only one program that seem to connect the box in this mode. It's RKBATCH TOOL. I get a connection with green lighted icon in in program wich indicate it's connected to box isn't it?

Problem now remain , : how to root or flash a good pré rooted Rom ??

I'm really annoyed to stuck on this box.
          Help is very important. Without your help and community help, I cant do nothing.
          Hello
          The first thing to do is to get proper drivers for your device, without them, none of the available root methods could work.
          Have you used RK Driver Assistant to install drivers (The last one, under RK3066 / RK3188 / RK3288 32BIT (X86) / 64BIT) ?

I have first installed drivers manually, which made me select wrong driver and make my device unrecognized.
          I you didn't you may have to uninstall the drivers manually, reboot computer then run assitant to let it select proper drivers.

The device manager should show you that RK31xx device is properly installed.

Once you are done, you may need to check "Enable USB debugging" in the developer options of your device.

Only then, kingoo root may work.

Let me know once you have tried driver installation.

By the way, what is the android version of your device ?

One more thing, as you are new with this kind of devices, I strongly advice you to NOT try flash roms without knowing exactly what you are doing, you may simply brick your device if you flash wrong files.

Bon courage

Comment

Originally posted by bobby_mkiv View Post
            Hello
            The first thing to do is to get proper drivers for your device, without them, none of the available root methods could work.
            Have you used RK Driver Assistant to install drivers (The last one, under RK3066 / RK3188 / RK3288 32BIT (X86) / 64BIT) ?

I have first installed drivers manually, which made me select wrong driver and make my device unrecognized.
            I you didn't you may have to uninstall the drivers manually, reboot computer then run assitant to let it select proper drivers.

The device manager should show you that RK31xx device is properly installed.

Once you are done, you may need to check "Enable USB debugging" in the developer options of your device.

Only then, kingoo root may work.

Let me know once you have tried driver installation.

By the way, what is the android version of your device ?

One more thing, as you are new with this kind of devices, I strongly advice you to NOT try flash roms without knowing exactly what you are doing, you may simply brick your device if you flash wrong files.

Bon courage
            Hello,
            . Yes I used RKdrivers assistant to install drivers.
            Drivers are installed and the box is seen when I connect it to Windows (s imultaneously pressing reset button on device)
            In this, way, I can see the box as connected in RKBatch tool (and Windows emit the classic USB connection found.

I can't reinstall drivers cause when attempting (after ticking un install) RKdrivers assistant says "inf file not found"
            I tried from 3 PC : same problem.

The Rom actually installed is kit kat (so it's OK) but It's not rooted and my wish is to gain root access.

I only have windows connexion with this box under RKBatch tool...

Any other way to manage to get root or to flash a ne new prerooted Rom? Or maybe a process to restart all from the beginning? <I don't even know how to access recovery mode and download mode..!)

Comment

Hello,
              . Yes I used RKdrivers assistant to install drivers.
              Drivers are installed and the box is seen when I connect it to Windows (s imultaneously pressing reset button on device)
              In this, way, I can see the box as connected in RKBatch tool (and Windows emit the classic USB connection found.

I can't reinstall drivers cause when attempting (after ticking un install) RKdrivers assistant says "inf file not found"
              I tried from 3 PC : same problem.

The Rom actually installed is kit kat (so it's OK) but It's not rooted and my wish is to gain root access.

I only have windows connexion with this box under RKBatch tool...

Any other way to manage to get root or to flash a ne new prerooted Rom? Or maybe a process to restart all from the beginning? <I don't even know how to access recovery mode and download mode..!)
              Still not recommend you to flash any ROM unless you are certain that is was designed for your device.
              Before rooting my TV-stick, I was planning to dump its ROM, edit system files to extract kernel and drivers, inject them in a rooted rom, then flash it. It has little chance of success and I abandonned due to my lack of experience.

All the methods used to root device, except flashing a rooted ROM, need to work with ADB (android debug bridge), a software provided by google. You can find it easily. Now, ADB needs proper drivers installed to work properly.

You can check that ADB is running properly in your windows PC, this is how you do:
              - Copy adb from TPSarky Von Droid – download here, it Should be adb.exe + AdbWinApi.dll + AdbWinUsbApi.dll
              - Put them in a temporary folder, let's say "D:\temp\ADB"
              - Run windows command prompt (Start menu-> Run -> cmd.exe) and make the current folder "D:\temp\ADB"

(by typing "D:" then "CD Temp" then "CD ADB")

- Connect your device to computer and check USB connection and USB debugging in settings
              - Type in cmd
              ADB shell

- If drivers for your device are properly installed, you should see something like
              rk3188:
              Which means you can access commands inside your device
              - If drivers are not installed, or connection fails, you will see "Device not connected", if your box have several USB ports, try to change USB port

PS:
              Disconnect any android device connected to PC while testing, otherwise it could be detected in place of your TV box

Let me know results, if success, I will put here some of methods I tried to root my device.
              Last edited by bobby_mkiv; 01-15-2015, 19:13.

Comment

Hello,

Finally, I just rebooted another time windows (x86 32 bits) and drive es are now seen.
                Next, I launched kingoroot, and... Succès!! :-)

It was a driver installation method related problem.
                Thanks for your help friend.

Comment

Hello,

Finally, I just rebooted another time windows (x86 32 bits) and drive es are now seen.
                  Next, I launched kingoroot, and... Succès!! :-)

It was a driver installation method related problem.
                  Thanks for your help friend.
                  Nevermind.
                  Sorry if I flooded you with technical answers, where solution was simple

Comment

Nevermind.
                    Sorry if I flooded you with technical answers, where solution was simple
                    I just thank you to worried about answering my Big problem (yes it was a big problem since its blocked any of my attempts to solve my problem)

So thanks thanks and... Thanks.
                    Will be pleased to help you If needed.. In the future..

Jean-Louis

Comment

hi all,

some one has installed Mycanal app on this dongle ?

thanks !
                      Last edited by flint; 09-08-2015, 08:36.

Comment

Finally got one solution !!

I used Kingo Root app for PC

It's free app, so don't forget to donate to author

The version I used is 1.2.9
                        While desperately looking for a root solution, I tried this one and got ROOT

Important :
                        If you plan to use this method, DISABLE AUTOMATIC APPLICATION UPDATES from google play, to avoid SuperSU to be updated to latest (the one installed with KingoRoot is 2.02
                        Stick with this one
                        In attachments, some screenshots:
                        SuperSU 2.02
                        Root access to /data/data normally impossible

I hope this helps someone else

Can anyone send me a working rom for this stick with red slider? it writes X3_V30 2015_08_05 on its board

Comment

Working...
                        X