Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CozySwan s400 - RK3188 Roots successfully & then return to unroot on reboot !!! Problem!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CozySwan s400 - RK3188 Roots successfully & then return to unroot on reboot !!! Problem!!!

Hy Guys,

I have the following Cozyswan s400 TV Stick RK3188 running Android KitKat 4.4.2:

http://www.****.in/itm/Android-Mini-...item27d618ea47

I read somewhere the instructions to root s400 RK3188 devices by using the following tool:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

It worked and and was able to root the device albeit with some error (linked below).

Checking with "Root checker" app, it showed "Device has root access". Went to Play store and installed SuperSU. Started SuperSU but SuperSU said, it "failed to update binaries. If you recently upgraded to Android 4.3.2 you need to manually reroot again" and then closes.

Confused, I then rebooted the device and then ran "Root checker" just to confirm that the device has indeed gained root access however this time "Root checker" took a long time and then reported that "Device does not have root access".

What could be done to resolve the problem. Why does my device reports "Rooted" and then returns to "Unrooted status" on reboot. An idea on why the tool have problems installing SuperSU binaries.

Thanks for your helps.
    dkj

Another problem with the device is that the system time in
    the device is reset to manufacturer's set previous date & time between power cycles. Could the "returning to unroot status on rebooting" be due to system time being reset to manufacturer's set time & date? Of course, that's just an assumption.

Comment

Hy Guys,

I once again tried to root the device following the exact same method as described above and this time, the device reports that it's rooted. Even upon rebooting & power-on & off's "Root Checker" reports that it is rooted. Even though the system reports as rooted it's does not have root like access or capabilities.

System Paths like "/" and "/system" are mounted as Read only although "/sys" is mounted as Read-Write.

I tried to mount the above paths as "Read Write" with Root explorer and ESFile Explorer built-in Root Explorer but both failed to do so.

It must be noted that in my last attempt SuperSU and binaries had problem installing so this time I skipped installing SuperSU. I would like to know how can I mount the '/' and '/system' paths as Read Write. I think this might be the root cause of the problem.

I thought this forum was very supportive and it's been two days since this thread started but I haven't received a single reply. Wasn't expecting such cold welcome. Where are the Forum Mods? Calling all experts and Mods for help.

Awaiting your help.

thanks
      dkj

Comment

[PROBLEM SOLVED] Successfully Rooted with KingoApp Android Root ||| Thumbs Up|||

[PROBLEM SOLVED]

Hy Guys,

!!! NEWS !!!
        Thanks to following post, I was able to successfully root the device and the device no longer has the problems described above.

Thank to the developer of following app
        Kingo one click Android root tools simple and fast one key root cell phone, mobile access to root privileges, manage mobile phones, streamline the system, delete the preset applications. After rooting can also manage boot from the start, to enhance mobile performance!

and this guy for posting his experience with the app.

[PROBLEM SOLVED]

Comment

Working...
        X