Need help with updating rom on Tv Box Q7S RK3188

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with updating rom on Tv Box Q7S RK3188

A friend gave me a Q7s but the camera doesn't seem to work and when i try to activate it an error message appears. So i thought i should try to flash it and update its rom in case that fixes it but i don't know how to do it and haven't found a guide either only the latest rom which i have already downloaded. Can anyone help me with that or give me some hints on how to do it? Thanx in advance

Make sure you have the right firmware: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...d-core-tv-box/

Install Drivers: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...download-here/

Download Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7 (http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Roc..._Tool_v1.7.rar)

Load Batch Tool and load the firmware in it. Attach the box to the computer and plug in to the television. Turn on Mass Storage Mode from Settings>Storagea and press Switch on Batch Tool (pink box should turn green). There may be another way to do it, but this is the software method, tried and true.

Click "Upgrade" and let it do all the work for you. Box will update firmware and then restart in Recovery and format relevant partitions and then boot up with a fresh start.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Thank you for all help and guide i will try it as soon as possible. I've downloaded these two firmware versions:

and

should i try the latest version or better the one you sent me which i think is the same with the 7.23 i have.

Comment

The important thing to note is what geekbuying says:

"Also, please don’t flash this on other tv box, because Q7S use the Realtek RTL8188 wifi module, and MT6622 Bluetooth module. SO this stock firmware just work for those two module."

Both of those are probably the same, and they look more recent (11/14 vs 07/14). There may be other more recent firmware, and you can try them all if you want, but before you get well into them, be sure to check to make sure wifi works, and of course the camera.

Comment

So i followed your instructions but unfortunately the camera still doesn't work. I've tried the 7.30 at first and then the 7.23 but the result remains the same. Any other suggestions that might help?

Comment

How are you testing the camera function?

Comment

With the default app and skype also

Comment

I just found the cause of my problem. The cable tape that connects the camera with the board was cut in half. So i guess this is it i don't think i can find a camera replacement or parts in general to repair the Q7s for that matter. Thanks for your effort and all of your help.

Comment

Working...
                X