AZURELL TV Stick RK3188T + Realtek RTl8723s video stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZURELL TV Stick RK3188T + Realtek RTl8723s video stutter

Hi All, complete newby here but trying to learn how to install new ROM to fix above problem. I have backed up my ROM and tested a restore and all works ok. I now need to fix the stuttering video with a update. Am I correct in assuming this problem is common in the RK3188 and has been fixed in the kernal of some other devices? If this is so would I be able to substitute my own kernal file with the fixed one and do a restore, if so can anyone advise where I can obtain a suitabe kernal that will work, my file is 16384KB?

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards Mike

Is your device running Android 4.4? If so, it should not have a stutter problem. The stutter problem was common with RK3188 devices running Android 4.2 and can be fixed with a vsync patch.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Budgetgeek, yes its 4.4.2 but it stutters on Netflix and downloaded videos from Showbox. I have tried changing my HDMI settings to 50/60fps and resolution 720/1080 and even SD but can still see the stutter. It is most noticable when a slow pan takes place and the back ground jumps at regular steps. I can play .ts files files from my Humax DVR without any problems. Is it possible to somehow check this patch is installed?

regards Mike

Comment

On netflix, the highest resolution you will get is 480p,

Are you using MX Player with harware decoding enabled, or SPMC with Rockchip codec?

Have you tried flashing other firmware for the RTL8723BS devices to see if they work better?
        Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
        I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
        RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Hi again I am using Molliplayer HD to play my network attached videos, this has both software and hardware decoding. I know that Netflix resolution is adjusted to bandwidth but I need my HDMI output set to at least 720P to be able to see the Netflix covers. I also have a WDTV Live Streamer that plays Netflix without problems so I think my bandwidth is ok. There seems to be very few ROMS available that include the Realtek WiFi/BT module but I can see that in the forums that Finless has fixed the frame skipping on the ones without Realtek but with RK3188T. I have tried another ROM but it looks to be an older version of my own.
          I'd like to avoid using XBMC/SPMC if possible.

Thanks again for your response

Comment

Hi! Can you help me? My WiFi doesnt work, and i need test another ROMs to fix it. Can you upload the backup of your devices, because it is the same device. Thank you for helpme!!!

Comment

Hi Simonsay, I haven't converted my dump to img file yet nor uploaded it but this one should work for you

Comment

Thanks people! I can't flash my device now, but i'll try later and its worked or not( i ve a lot of work). Thank you!

Comment

Hi! I'm here again. The wifi don't work yet. I don't know why is the problem. Thanks for all for help me. The only solution that i found was i bought an usb ethernet adapter and this working good by now (i think better than wifi).

Comment

Originally posted by Morleym2002 View Post
                    Hi again I am using Molliplayer HD to play my network attached videos, this has both software and hardware decoding. I know that Netflix resolution is adjusted to bandwidth but I need my HDMI output set to at least 720P to be able to see the Netflix covers. I also have a WDTV Live Streamer that plays Netflix without problems so I think my bandwidth is ok. There seems to be very few ROMS available that include the Realtek WiFi/BT module but I can see that in the forums that Finless has fixed the frame skipping on the ones without Realtek but with RK3188T. I have tried another ROM but it looks to be an older version of my own.
                    I'd like to avoid using XBMC/SPMC if possible.

Thanks again for your response
                    Hi, you gave me some advice in the past regarding this RK3188-T TV stick and I wonder if you can help me now. After trying successfully to connect a ethernet adapted to the spare mini usb port and testing ok I reverted back to WiFi connection. Now the stick is cycling on the startup screen, I have reinstalled the backup but its the same. I have noticed that one of the mini usb connections is loose, do you think this is my problem i.e. does the boot look for the mini usb port?
                    Thanks in anticipation Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X