Install Tiny Core Linux on RK3188 Android Mini PC Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Tiny Core Linux on RK3188 Android Mini PC Stick

I have the Android Mini PC Stick with the RK3188 chip. All I really want to use it for is Kodi but occasionally it overheats and restarts during use (as it's the stick, not the box) As you can imagine it's quite annoying, I've tried applying heatsinks over the chips to cool it down but it seems to have only made it worse which I don't quite understand...I'm thinking of trying to reduce the workload by wiping Android and installing Tiny Core Linux and I was wondering what's the best way to go about this.

I've tried following some tutorials that use RKBatchTool but when I connect the mini pc to my computer, the icon stays pink. Also there's no specific restart button or command on my stick, just shut down, which I do and turn it back on and the icon lights up pink again.

Could someone possibly suggest the best way to get Linux on here and reduce the workload or even any better ways of cooling the card down?
    (Please no 'get a box' replies as I love the increased portability of the stick)

Thank you

There are other sticks that run Linux, if the form factor is what concerns you.

You can also run Linux as a boot from sdcard on mk809iii and similar, with AP6210 wifi.

To connect to batch tool, unplug from pc, press hardware reset button and hold while connecting usb to pc, bing bong you're in flash mode.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Had a similar problem with the reset on my cx919, thought it was the overheat but it turned out to be the power supply. Get a decent 5v 2A. I had one from fl**** which said 5v 2A but it was a fake. Using a iPad charger now.

Comment

Working...
      X