Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bricked device, prepare idb failed

hey,

I got some weird issue with the device. it got bricked all the sudden, and so I tried to install a rom or perhaps ubuntu, and the installing failed with the message "prepare idb failed", and from a quick search I saw the solution includes connecting two electric points or pins on the board itself, but there is explaining for a lot of rk3188 devices out there, exept mine, which is "RK918_v1.20 141208 1520", picture of the board is included.

if someone have the exact same device, and know how to solve it, please show me which two pins I need to connect and include a picture it will help me a lot I'm trying to figure it out myself for months now
    Thanks in advance
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by RM20 View Post
    hey,

I got some weird issue with the device. it got bricked all the sudden, and so I tried to install a rom or perhaps ubuntu, and the installing failed with the message "prepare idb failed", and from a quick search I saw the solution includes connecting two electric points or pins on the board itself, but there is explaining for a lot of rk3188 devices out there, exept mine, which is "RK918_v1.20 141208 1520", picture of the board is included.

if someone have the exact same device, and know how to solve it, please show me which two pins I need to connect and include a picture it will help me a lot I'm trying to figure it out myself for months now
    Thanks in advance
    Hi RM20 ,

it is called MaskRomMode , look here is a Solution :

it works for all RK Devices , good luck .

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi RM20 ,

it is called MaskRomMode , look here is a Solution :

it works for all RK Devices , good luck .

gefattern
      Thanks, but again in my device there isn't any of the components from that link so exept the software part, it's not helping. Look at the picture I uploaded

Comment

I'm uploading more pictures that shows the board the the components better In different lighting conditions
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi RM20 ,

strange , no NAND Chip , and on the back of the PCB ??? ,

maybe only a swapped one , dont know if this works ??? ,

i am no Dev . The Box is called ??? what brand ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Hi RM20 ,

strange , no NAND Chip , and on the back of the PCB ??? ,

maybe only a swapped one , dont know if this works ??? ,

i am no Dev . The Box is called ??? what brand ???

nice Day

gefattern
            there is the back of the device. and like i said, this is RK918_v1.20 141208 1520, by rockchip from the rk3188 cs918 family. there is a nand chip, but as you can see it's legs are hidden below. the only place i found people asks about the device, is in a russian forum  here 
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

HI RM20 ,

i can not see any Nand there , u mean the Chip right beside the CPU ,

so the Legs can not be reached ??? and what Legs to see on the back ,

without a Chip , have you ever tried them ???

Before brick it was connected and running ???

good luck

gefattern

Comment

HI RM20 ,

i can not see any Nand there , u mean the Chip right beside the CPU ,

so the Legs can not be reached ??? and what Legs to see on the back ,

without a Chip , have you ever tried them ???

Before brick it was connected and running ???

good luck

gefattern

Yes I tried the pins that behind, and without luck, and yes the nand chip's legs are unreachable and yes, before the brick it was up and running perfectly

Last edited by RM20; 06-28-2017, 14:13.

Comment

please someone had this exact model and can help me?

Comment

OK guys for now I got some kind of breakthrough. I finally got a blue square in the batchtool, by connecting pins in this chip as you can see in the pictures. The problem is now that even if I won't move and keep the connection, the mask rom mode in the pc won't hold more than 3 seconds after pressing on restore and it will make a usb disconnection sound. someone know anything?

update: now I got a reconnection sound, but the idb failed keeps showing
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by RM20; 06-29-2017, 21:47.

Comment

Working...
                    X