Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetimes BT919, GM282 or J22 or CX919II (RK3188 with wifi AP6210) - OC dan Vsync Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetimes BT919, GM282 or J22 or CX919II (RK3188 with wifi AP6210) - OC dan Vsync Fix

Finally, i get a combination of custom ROM and kernel that working for my android stick BT919 (it’s what they called it) from Bluetimes. I bought it here.
    http://www.****.com/itm/121167388272...84.m1439.l2649

pic:
    [IMG]http://i.****img.sandbox.****.com/t/Quad-Core-Dual-Wifi-Antenna-Bluetooth-Android-4-2-Miracast-Dongle-Mini-PC-TV-Box-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqZHJDoFIS3m+NWPBSJV6n)+sg~~60_12.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.****img.sandbox.****.com/t/Quad-Core-Dual-Wifi-Antenna-Bluetooth-Android-4-2-Miracast-Dongle-Mini-PC-TV-Box-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqZHJDoFIS3m+NWPBSJV6n)+sg~~60_12.JPG[/IMG]
    Latest stock rom + rkbatchtool + driver:

the stock rom was good with Antutu 4 score of 18600 but sadly still having issue with running HD movies as it’s still has lag or stuttering.I tried flashing neomode ROM v1.9a and many of kernel mod by others, but the wifi and bluetooth stop working. I know the problem lies on the BT919’s kernel and no one seems provide the correct kernel for this awesome android stick.

So..i wandering to many thread on this forum and finally making my own kernel mod. I flash it with Finless 1.6b (i tried with neomode ROM but didn’t work). So this is how i get it done (**use it with your own risk**):

Tools:

1. Windows OS (i tried on Vista 32bit and Win 8 64bit)

2. Rk3xxx firmware tools v. 4.0.33.00 --> extract your kernel from stock rom. Thanks to mo123
    You can find the latest one on post #50 here:

3. Active Perl --> to run Perl Script on Windows
    Perl powered by the ActiveState Platform. Designed to meet the security and package management needs of Perl developers.

4. rkpatchomatic tool suite --> overclock and vsync fix rk3188 kernel. Thanks to phjanderson
    you can find the thread here:

5. Finless 1.6b ROM --> custom rom. Thanks to Bob (Finless)

Step 1
    Extract your stock kernel
    1. Download and extract the tools to C:\RK3XXX\ (create new folder, DO NOT USE BLANK on any of folder name you created)
    2. Open DriverInstaller.exe to install the driver required
    3. Open Start.exe file as administrator
    4. Click “Select Img..” and select your stock rom above
    5. Click “Extract”
    6. Wait until it finished
    7. Close the Rk3xxx firmware tools
    8. Your kernel was in C:\RK3XXX\temp\Android\Image\ as “kernel.img” file.
    9. Copy the your kernel.img to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (create new folder)
    10. Step 1 done

Step 2

Patch and Overclock your kernel
    1. Download and install Active Perl
    2. Go to https://github.com/phjanderson/rkpatchomatic from your fav browser
    3. Click “Download Zip” button on the right side of the page to download all the script. You will find rkpatchomatic-master.zip
    4. Extract the zip and copy “overclockomatic3188” and “vsyncfixomatic” files on to C:\RK3XXX\patch\
    5. Fired up your command prompt by using combination of win key+”r” on your keyboard. Write “cmd” and hit enter.
    6. Navigate to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ by using this command:
      • C:
      • cd\
      • cd RK3XXX\patch
    7. Patch your kernel by using this command:
      • Code:
        perl vsyncfixomatic kernel.img
      • your patched kernel will be saved by the name of kernel_vsfsam.img
    8. Overclock your patched kernel by using this command:
      • Code:
        perl overclockomatic3188 kernel_vsfsam.img
      • select the CPU table (as for me table number 6)
      • select the GPU table (as for me table number 7)
      • select the DDR table (as for me table number 8)
    9. It will creating over 40 different kernel configuration of CPU, GPU and DDR clock.
    10. Step 2 done

Step 3

Flash custom rom and kernel
    1. Download Finless 1.6b from the link above and extract it somewhere
    2. Go to folder RKDevelopTool_v1.37 and run as administrator RKAndroidTool.exe
    3. Replace the original finless rom kernel.img with one the patched and OC kernel on C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (i choose kernel_vsfsam_cpustock_gpu798h_ddr800.img. the CPU clock is stock but i overclocked the GPU (for graphic) and the RAM)
    4. Hold the Fn button on your android stick while put in the usb cable to the computer
    5. Make sure the tool shows “Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb”
    6. Click “Erase NAND (IDB)” button
    7. Click “Flash ROM” button
    8. Step 3 Done

DONE!!
    Enjoy your clean and fast Finless ROM with working Wifi and Bluetooth and the HD Movies playback was very smooth even my Galaxy Note 2 LTE was no match against it (I’m seroius!). The Antutu scored 20600

ENJOY YOUR BT919 STICK!!!

here is all my modified, patched and OC kernel:
    from baidu --> http://pan.baidu.com/s/15WL16
    or
    from mediafire --> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1i0...20kernel%20mod
    Last edited by zetzzzz; 12-19-2013, 08:48. Reason: add link from mediafire

Originally posted by zetzzzz View Post
    Finally, i get a combination of custom ROM and kernel that working for my android stick BT919 (it’s what they called it) from Bluetimes. I bought it here.
    http://www.****.com/itm/121167388272...84.m1439.l2649

pic:
    [IMG]http://i.****img.sandbox.****.com/t/Quad-Core-Dual-Wifi-Antenna-Bluetooth-Android-4-2-Miracast-Dongle-Mini-PC-TV-Box-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqZHJDoFIS3m+NWPBSJV6n)+sg~~60_12.JPG[/IMG]http://i.****img.sandbox.****.com/t/...+sg~~60_12.JPG

Latest stock rom + rkbatchtool + driver:

the stock rom was good with Antutu 4 score of 18600 but sadly still having issue with running HD movies as it’s still has lag or stuttering.I tried flashing neomode ROM v1.9a and many of kernel mod by others, but the wifi and bluetooth stop working. I know the problem lies on the BT919’s kernel and no one seems provide the correct kernel for this awesome android stick.

So..i wandering to many thread on this forum and finally making my own kernel mod. I flash it with Finless 1.6b (i tried with neomode ROM but didn’t work). So this is how i get it done (**use it with your own risk**):

Tools:

1. Windows OS (i tried on Vista 32bit and Win 8 64bit)

2. Rk3xxx firmware tools v. 4.0.33.00 --> extract your kernel from stock rom. Thanks to mo123
    You can find the latest one on post #50 here:

3. Active Perl --> to run Perl Script on Windows
    Perl powered by the ActiveState Platform. Designed to meet the security and package management needs of Perl developers.

4. rkpatchomatic tool suite --> overclock and vsync fix rk3188 kernel. Thanks to phjanderson
    you can find the thread here:

5. Finless 1.6b ROM --> custom rom. Thanks to Bob (Finless)

Step 1
    Extract your stock kernel
    1. Download and extract the tools to C:\RK3XXX\ (create new folder, DO NOT USE BLANK on any of folder name you created)
    2. Open DriverInstaller.exe to install the driver required
    3. Open Start.exe file as administrator
    4. Click “Select Img..” and select your stock rom above
    5. Click “Extract”
    6. Wait until it finished
    7. Close the Rk3xxx firmware tools
    8. Your kernel was in C:\RK3XXX\temp\Android\Image\ as “kernel.img” file.
    9. Copy the your kernel.img to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (create new folder)
    10. Step 1 done

Step 2

Patch and Overclock your kernel
    1. Download and install Active Perl
    2. Go to https://github.com/phjanderson/rkpatchomatic from your fav browser
    3. Click “Download Zip” button on the right side of the page to download all the script. You will find rkpatchomatic-master.zip
    4. Extract the zip and copy “overclockomatic3188” and “vsyncfixomatic” files on to C:\RK3XXX\patch\
    5. Fired up your command prompt by using combination of win key+”r” on your keyboard. Write “cmd” and hit enter.
    6. Navigate to C:\RK3XXX\patch\ by using this command:
      • C:
      • cd\
      • cd RK3XXX\patch
    7. Patch your kernel by using this command:
      • Code:
        perl vsyncfixomatic kernel.img
      • your patched kernel will be saved by the name of kernel_vsfsam.img
    8. Overclock your patched kernel by using this command:
      • Code:
        perl overclockomatic3188 kernel_vsfsam.img
      • select the CPU table (as for me table number 6)
      • select the GPU table (as for me table number 7)
      • select the DDR table (as for me table number 8)
    9. It will creating over 40 different kernel configuration of CPU, GPU and DDR clock.
    10. Step 2 done

Step 3

Flash custom rom and kernel
    1. Download Finless 1.6b from the link above and extract it somewhere
    2. Go to folder RKDevelopTool_v1.37 and run as administrator RKAndroidTool.exe
    3. Replace the original finless rom kernel.img with one the patched and OC kernel on C:\RK3XXX\patch\ (i choose kernel_vsfsam_cpustock_gpu798h_ddr800.img. the CPU clock is stock but i overclocked the GPU (for graphic) and the RAM)
    4. Hold the Fn button on your android stick while put in the usb cable to the computer
    5. Make sure the tool shows “Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb”
    6. Click “Erase NAND (IDB)” button
    7. Click “Flash ROM” button
    8. Step 3 Done

DONE!!
    Enjoy your clean and fast Finless ROM with working Wifi and Bluetooth and the HD Movies playback was very smooth even my Galaxy Note 2 LTE was no match against it (I’m seroius!). The Antutu scored 20600

ENJOY YOUR BT919 STICK!!!

Thank you!! Can you please provide a download link to your Kernel?

Comment

It works great but...

Zetzzzzz,

It works great thnx a lot for your effort, but I still have issues with some dutch apps (rtl xl and npo) that provide streaming video. NPO flows smoothly the first 15 minutes and after that it needs constant buffering and the RTL XL app stops after just a few minutes. Do you know what might cause this?

Regards,
      Martin

Comment

Originally posted by delicacy View Post
        Thank you!! Can you please provide a download link to your Kernel?
        Ofcourse, here they are:
        百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

i add it to my first post

Originally posted by ProvenSolutions View Post
        Zetzzzzz,

It works great thnx a lot for your effort, but I still have issues with some dutch apps (rtl xl and npo) that provide streaming video. NPO flows smoothly the first 15 minutes and after that it needs constant buffering and the RTL XL app stops after just a few minutes. Do you know what might cause this?

Regards,
        Martin
        SOrry, but i dont have experiance about that Martin..
        have you tried my methode to modify your kernel? after that just flash the modified kernel over your stock rom

Comment

Zetzzzzzz

Can u tell me pls, which kernel are u using to get that score over 20600 antutu points?
          cx-919ii

Comment

Thank you zetzzzz for the howto! Screen flickering is gone, bt is working fine. But Wifi seems to drop connection, this still needs someone investigation. Router is a Fritz.Box 7390, WLAN bandwidth is good at 65MBit/s.
            Antutu benchmark is about 16000 (stock CPU frequency, oc GPU and RAM, same setting as zetzzzz).

Comment

before i do this, could you point me in the right direction for making a exact backup of the stick as it is like all apps and everything as they are, so i can flash right back if anything goes wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                Zetzzzzzz

Can u tell me pls, which kernel are u using to get that score over 20600 antutu points?
                i choose kernel_vsfsam_cpustock_gpu798h_ddr800.img. the CPU clock is stock but i overclocked the GPU (for graphic) and the RAM

Originally posted by pursch View Post
                Thank you zetzzzz for the howto! Screen flickering is gone, bt is working fine. But Wifi seems to drop connection, this still needs someone investigation. Router is a Fritz.Box 7390, WLAN bandwidth is good at 65MBit/s.
                Antutu benchmark is about 16000 (stock CPU frequency, oc GPU and RAM, same setting as zetzzzz).
                thanks, i hope some can help you to fix the wifi

Originally posted by |<roni>| View Post
                before i do this, could you point me in the right direction for making a exact backup of the stick as it is like all apps and everything as they are, so i can flash right back if anything goes wrong
                to backup all apps and settings you can use Titanium Backup from the Play Store as mentioned here:

Comment

Full partition dumps

Check out this posting;

You can make the dumps right from your device. just be sure to back them up to a SD card or your computer before flashing you device, 'just in case'

Where titanium backup backs up your apps(ans system apps)(and their data), this would make a copy of your file system.

Comment

Heating -&gt; flickering on 1080p

Hi there,

thanks for the good work.
                    Until now this firmware gives me the best result on my CX-919 II.

However it still starts flashing after a few minutes.
                    It does not need to play some video for it.
                    Just opening the main screen reproduces this.

I opened the device and it appeared that one chip in partical was quite hot.
                    It is the Active 8846QM CD355 chip.
                    This chip takes care of the power supply.

My outlet adapter supplies 2A 10W. Will increasing this to a 3A 15W fix this problem?

As it starts after a few minutes I suspect a heating problem.

It only reproduces when 1080p is selected.

Regards, Jeroen

Comment

i choose kernel_vsfsam_cpustock_gpu798h_ddr800.img. the CPU clock is stock but i overclocked the GPU (for graphic) and the RAM

thanks, i hope some can help you to fix the wifi

to backup all apps and settings you can use Titanium Backup from the Play Store as mentioned here:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post44291
                      thanks for both replies, will be trying this sometime this week, hopefully tomorrow.
                      out of curiosity do you still need to use mx player to play 1080p videos through xbmc?

Comment

these are stock kernels at 720 - i tried xbmc player on 1080 files and no luck

thanks for both replies, will be trying this sometime this week, hopefully tomorrow.
                        out of curiosity do you still need to use mx player to play 1080p videos through xbmc?
                        These are 720 output stock kernels. I tried playing 1080 video files and they play fine with MXPlayer or QQPlayer, but not XBMC player.

I really want 1080 display but any 1080 kernels I found(that boot) either A)have no WIFI/BT or B)have WiFi/BT but flickering screen.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoovie View Post
                          These are 720 output stock kernels. I tried playing 1080 video files and they play fine with MXPlayer or QQPlayer, but not XBMC player.

I really want 1080 display but any 1080 kernels I found(that boot) either A)have no WIFI/BT or B)have WiFi/BT but flickering screen.
                          if you have 1080 kernel with Wifi/BT work still having flickering screen maybe you should try patch that kernel using my method above.

Comment

already patched

if you have 1080 kernel with Wifi/BT work still having flickering screen maybe you should try patch that kernel using my method above.
                            It fails with "Applying vsync fixError: unable to find vsync fix search pattern, please alter the pattern or disa
                            ble vsync fixing"

Comment

im on step 2 trying to run the overclock through cmd and getting errors with the tables, i used 6 7 and 8 like in the guide, heres the log
                              C:\RK3XXX\patch>perl overclockomatic3188 kernel_vsfsam.img
                              =============================
                              Rockchip Patchomatic Suite
                              Overclockomatic RK3188 v1.2
                              by phjanderson
                              =============================

Reading kernel image
                              Done!

Searching GPU frequency limit cap
                              Found: 133000000, 600000000
                              Patching...

Searching volt/frequency tables
                              Done!

Volt/frequency tables found in the image:
                              == Table 1 at offset 8259224 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 2 at offset 8262756 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 3 at offset 8262804 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 4 at offset 8262892 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 5 at offset 8262988 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 6 at offset 8271812 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 7 at offset 8271876 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 8 at offset 8271932 ==
                              MHz mV

== Table 9 at offset 8271972 ==
                              MHz mV

== End of tables ==

Please identify the CPU, GPU and DDR table. Press ctrl-c to cancel.

Which table is the CPU table?
                              (The CPU table is mostly the largest table ranging from 312 to 1608 MHz)

Which table is the GPU table?
                              (The GPU table is mostly the second largest table ranging from 133 to 600 MHz)

Which table is the DDR table?
                              (The DDR table is mostly quite short, mostly 2 entries, and can be recognized by
                              the labels DDR_FREQ_... at the end of each line)

Patching kernels... please wait...

ERROR: CPU profile table cpu1920h is larger than the CPU table in the kernel
                              C:\RK3XXX\patch>

Comment

Working...
                              X