Ugoos UM2 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huff View Post
    I am using Spmc13.3.3, forme it is woking verry wel now.
    I don't take a look what kind of version it is , i look how the movies stream and everything else is working.

How do i flash yhe kerne though. i flashed through developer toolbut the kernel doesnt change. what am i doing wrng

Comment

I am using Spmc13.3.3, forme it is woking verry wel now.
      I don't take a look what kind of version it is , i look how the movies stream and everything else is working.
      Hi Steven,
      I am not shure what you allready did. Did you flashed the UM2 with the Wasser V1.04 ?
      If so, then you would have noticed that the wifi and one Usb port stopped working.
      Therefore you should inject the Kernel from Wasser 1.01 (indeed 3.0.36+) to let all work correctly again.
      My only reason was to get correct DTS and AC3 passtrough and now I have that.
      I hope this answers some for you.

Comment

Huff, could you share the kernel source code you used, and the .config file? I've been trying to make some kernel changes to no success, since I do not know which .config to start building on.

Comment

Originally posted by tfpereira View Post
          Huff, could you share the kernel source code you used, and the .config file? I've been trying to make some kernel changes to no success, since I do not know which .config to start building on.
          Hi tfperira, The kernel is use i extracted from wasser-firmware-um2-1.0.1.img with FW_tool_RK30xx_RK31xx_3.8, i hope this can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksegundo View Post
            I also flashed wasser's minix 1.0.4 firmware, but I used the kernel that came with my UM2 (from allminipc).

Things have been working very good for me with this combination so far.
            Remote seems to work fine apart from the Media,Tv,Web,App buttons, but I don't care about those.

No issues with USB ports, all working fine. Wifi is working, also the LAN Ethernet adapter.
            Finally, I couldn't test the 5.1 sound because I don't owned a receiver which such a capability.

I want to thank wasser for his wonderfull ROM's
            Hi, jacksegundo. Would you be up for giving me a link to the kernel from allminipc? I cant get 2 usb ports working.

Thanks
            Steven

Comment

Hi tfperira, The kernel is use i extracted from wasser-firmware-um2-1.0.1.img with FW_tool_RK30xx_RK31xx_3.8, i hope this can help you.

Hi Huff, hope youve had a good christmas.

Would you be able to do me a big favour? I still cant get 2 usbs working. Could you upload the firmware that you are using. This 1 usb port is driving me up the wall :P

Thanks
              Steven

Comment

Originally posted by shenery View Post
                Hi, jacksegundo. Would you be up for giving me a link to the kernel from allminipc? I cant get 2 usb ports working.

Thanks
                Steven
                Hi shenery. The firmware can be found here http://www.ugoos.nl/ugoos-firmware

Comment

Hi shenery. The firmware can be found here http://www.ugoos.nl/ugoos-firmware
                  Hi, i have the allmini pc firmware but when i extract the kernel with firmware tools and flash it with rk android tool the um2 wont boot. Maybe its the way ive extracted the kernel?

Do you have just the kernel image i could get and i can try that?

Thanks
                  Steven

Comment

Hi, i have the allmini pc firmware but when i extract the kernel with firmware tools and flash it with rk android tool the um2 wont boot. Maybe its the way ive extracted the kernel?

Do you have just the kernel image i could get and i can try that?

Thanks
                    Steven
                    When you extract the firmware with firmware tools you have to replace kernel.img in temp\Android\Image
                    Then build the firmware with firmware tools, it will create a firmware_new.img

Flash the img with Rockchip Batch Tool

Comment

When you extract the firmware with firmware tools you have to replace kernel.img in temp\Android\Image
                      Then build the firmware with firmware tools, it will create a firmware_new.img

Flash the img with Rockchip Batch Tool

i select all minipc image in firmware tools then i extract it. then i go to the temp folder /android/image and the kernel file is in there.

i save that then i extract the wasser firmware. once thats done ive been putting the allminipc kernel in the temp/android/image folder of the wasser one and then building and flashing.

i then use rkandroid tool to clear adb as i always do then over to rk batchtool load the firmware_new and the click restore or upgrade. when it flashes the um2 wont boot.

is there no way you could upload the firmware that you used to get the 2 usb ports working with the wasser minix rom.

Cheers
                      Steven

Comment

i select all minipc image in firmware tools then i extract it. then i go to the temp folder /android/image and the kernel file is in there.

i save that then i extract the wasser firmware. once thats done ive been putting the allminipc kernel in the temp/android/image folder of the wasser one and then building and flashing.

i then use rkandroid tool to clear adb as i always do then over to rk batchtool load the firmware_new and the click restore or upgrade. when it flashes the um2 wont boot.

is there no way you could upload the firmware that you used to get the 2 usb ports working with the wasser minix rom.

Cheers
                        Steven
                        PM sent

Comment

Hi Steven,

This is the Kernel i Use.

Good luck

Hi Huff, hope youve had a good christmas.

Would you be able to do me a big favour? I still cant get 2 usbs working. Could you upload the firmware that you are using. This 1 usb port is driving me up the wall :P

Thanks
                          Steven

Comment

Working...
                          X