Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Working AC3 and DTS in XBMC with my Ugoos UM2

Finaly it is working...

I now have fluid movies with 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS sound with my UM2 Device.
    I flashed the UM2 with Minix Neo X7 - wasser firmware 1.0.4
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Android-4-4-2
    Extracted the kernel from the Wasser 1.01 UM2 firmware and injected this one in this 1.04 firmware.
    Yes, it's possible !!!

Selected in the Android setup RK29-RT5616 Passthrough as the audio device.
    I use the latest Spmc and in the audio settings i selected passtrough with capable AC3 and DTS receiver availibe.
    I own a Marantz NR604 Receiver, so I Put the stick directly in the front HDMI in port.

The 1080p movies with 5.1 sound that i stream in SPMC really are fluid and perfect to view.

I Hope a lot of UM2 owners can use my findings
    Last edited by Huff; 09-10-2014, 21:34. Reason: Working solution

First of all, thanks for your message, with the Minix firmware i also have managed to get AC3 passtrough on my UM2. But the problem is no WIFI and a bad remote.

Could you please explain how you injected the wasser 1.01 UM2 kernel?

I have tried to do it with the RK3xxx firmware tools from Sergio but my UM2 doesnt boot afterwards.
    I also tried to flash only the wasser 1.01 UM2 kernel with Finless ROM flash tool but i get the same result, my UM2 doesnt boot afterwards.

Comment

Hi Evdo,
      I am pleased to help someone else.
      I used “RKDevelopTool_v1.37” to inject the kernel of the wasser 1.01 firmware.
      also flashed the “w104_mali_boot.img” (
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9594-UPDATE-Minix-Neo-X7-wasser-firmware-1-0-4-KitKat-Android-4-4-2&p=220014&viewfull=1#post220014)

The order i used is: first the 1.04 firmware, then Maliboot1.04 then the kernel.

I als had wifi and one usb port not working before i flashed it.
      All is working now for me, but let me tell you of the only problem that i still have.
      Sometimes if i select the passtrough option in the android prefferences, then after i finished a AC3 or DTS movie the sound of the device stopped working.
      The workarround that i do is go to the prefferences again, select normal audio device, check if the sound is back en then select the passtrough option again.
      i hope this is enough to help you with.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

I have the Minix 1.04 firmware installed with the Rockchip Batch Tool, so far so good.

I tried to flash the boot and kernel this time with the RKDevelopTool_v1.37.

When i inject the w104_mali_boot.img the UM2 still works, but when i inject the kernel it doesn't boot anymore. Even if i inject the original kernel of the Minix back, it still doesnt boot.

I was wondering, what is the address of your kernel setting in the RKDevelopTool? Mine says 0x00004000

The kernel size of the Wasser_101 (UM2) which i extracted is 10.893 kB, could you verify?

Comment

Hi, I checked it and the kernel i used is 11.153.456 bytes.
          So i think something is diferent after the extracting from the 1.01 firmware.
          If you give me your mail adres (private message ?) then i can mail you thekernel i used.

Comment

I have found the problem, with 'RK3xxx firmware tools by SergioPoverony' version 4.2.22 the kernel size was different than yours, now im using version 3.8.75 and the kernel file size is the same as yours and i am able to boot the UM2 stick after flashing.

BTW, i am using the latest Allminipc UM2 kernel now, the remote works much better than with the wasser 101 UM2 kernel.

I'm happy to be able to try out different kernels now, thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
            X