Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External USB Bluetooth Dongle for UT1

Hey guys,

since there is no built-in Bluetooth chipset I ordered 2 USB Bluetooth dongles to upgrade my Ugoos UT1. As you can imagine, there is no plug and play support for these kind of dongles (tested it with the "normal" usb slot and an OTG cable). Has anybody found a solution for this problem yet?

Is really no one in this board feeling the need for bluetooth support in the Ugoos UT1? I would like to use my UT1 with this special keyboard together with my tablet and my smartphone (it's only available in a bluetooth version):

K480 Tastatur kaufen. Plattformübergreifende Kompatibilität, Easy-Switch-Schalter, integrierte Halterung für Mobilgeräte, kompakter, leichter Formfaktor, Bluetooth.
    Last edited by LX+R; 08-05-2015, 03:33.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
      Is no one in this board really feeling the need of bluetooth support in the Ugoos UT1? I would like to use my UT1 with this special keyboard together with my tablet and my smartphone (it's only available in a bluetooth version):

http://mobile.logitech.com/de-de/product/multi-device-keyboard-k480

I used the logoitech wireless keyboard with the ut1. Both mouse and keyboard worked like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by detrimental_dude View Post
        I used the logoitech wireless keyboard with the ut1. Both mouse and keyboard worked like a charm!
        Most of the wireless desktop products by logitech use a propietary solution called "unify". I tested one of them myself and it really did work like a charm. But as I wrote above, the K480 is bluetooth-only. So I still need a solution for this problem.
        Last edited by LX+R; 11-14-2014, 23:33.

Comment

Same problem here

I would LOVE Android support for external USB Bluetooth dongles. I have 4 different versions - none of which work with my Finless ROM on my Amlogic MX2.

It amazes me that all other wireless dongles from Logitech to Chinese knockoff airmice work just fine - but not bluetooth.

I have a nice metalic apple bluetooth keyboard that would look great on my coffee table while it waits for someone to want to do a Youtube search, etc. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by freebase1ca View Post
            I would LOVE Android support for external USB Bluetooth dongles. I have 4 different versions - none of which work with my Finless ROM on my Amlogic MX2.

It amazes me that all other wireless dongles from Logitech to Chinese knockoff airmice work just fine - but not bluetooth.

I have a nice metalic apple bluetooth keyboard that would look great on my coffee table while it waits for someone to want to do a Youtube search, etc. :-/
            Kinda wished I knew about that before I started.... Seems like I just wasted more Money on a useless Dongle now. I was kinda hoping to be able to use my Phablet(s), as BlueTooth Remotes to my MXIII (1G/8G - AP6181), Device. It seems like thats not gonna happen, till I get 'round to installing AMLinux (TV Headend), on it though. Sadly at the moment, it seems that the AP6181 2.4Ghz 802.11 b/g/n is not really supported under AMLinux just yet.

Even though I was able to activate it by running chmod +x /etc/init.d/S60wifi though Putty SSH. I was still unable to connect to anything. Even when I had my Network fully open.

Comment

I did some research: There are two different bluetooth stacks in android, BlueZ and Bluedroid, one of each integrated in the various versions. To get them to work they have to be unlocked, a recompilation of the kernel is necessary. Another solution would be to port CM11 to the Ugoos UT1, because it has bluetooth support out of the box. I'm not giving up on this...

Comment

I flashed CM11 for Radxa Rock from this thread on my UT1: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...CyanogenMod-11

Unfortunately, the bluetooth dongles still won't work. (Tested both on the normal USB slot and on the OTG one.) Now I will try to recompile a kernel. Anybody interested in helping me?

Comment

New Approach

I thought about trying a different approach: Integrating the driver for the bluetooth dongle into the kernel. Since there are many bluetooth chipsets I did some research and found THE one: CSR8510 A10. It supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE and most importantly apt-x for almost lossless audio streaming. It is implemented in many dongles for 5-10 € like the ORICO BTA-402 or the Logilink BT0015. We just need somebody to recompile the kernel with this driver included.

Comment

Guys, I had a major breakthrough last night. Bluetooth finally works! I will post the solution after I get up in 8 hours, since it is 7 a.m. in Germany and haven't been sleeping.
                    Last edited by LX+R; 05-11-2015, 00:11.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                      Guys, I had a major breakthrough last night. Bluetooth finally works! I will post the solution after I get upin 8 hours, since it is 7 a.m. in Germany and haven't been sleeping.
                      AWESOME!! How did you manage it? About the Kernel, which I'm assuming you had to recompile. Where did you manage to find the Source Code to it? Did you have to jump though many hoops to get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

AWESOME!! How did you manage it? About the Kernel, which I'm assuming you had to recompile. Where did you manage to find the Source Code to it? Did you have to jump though many hoops to get it?
                        I don't want to adorn myself with borrowed plums. All the credit goes to Bionicman for implementing the function in the K-R42 and to pes1313 for pointing me in the right direction (thank you so much, guys). Since the K-R42 has the same WiFi chipset as the UGOOS UT1 (RTL8188), I used the wasser-ROM 1.0.4 for the K-R42 (new revision) and copied/modified the files provided in the link below (there is a readme with instructions included), and what can I say. It works like a charm! I would like you to test this "add-on" with other ROMs as well. But first, the magic link:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...251#post290251

Since all of the 3 files are system files, you need a file manager which is able to gain root access and change permissions (I used Solid Explorer) or you can download a Terminal Emulator. The Bluetooth dongle I used has a CSR8510 A10 chip with apt-x support:

http://www.amazon.de/Bluetooth-Adapt...ywords=csr8510
                        Last edited by LX+R; 05-05-2015, 21:15.

Comment

Rk?! As in Rpckchip?! Poo I'm on an Amlogic Board. But it seems like you were able to do this without having to modify the Kernel. Which was cool. The WiFi Chip used in my MXIII (The AP-6181), doesn't have any Bluetooth variation that I know of. Neither did the elder RTL8188, that I know of. So O don't think I'm going to be as lucky as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                            Rk?! As in Rpckchip?! Poo I'm on an Amlogic Board. But it seems like you were able to do this without having to modify the Kernel. Which was cool. The WiFi Chip used in my MXIII (The AP-6181), doesn't have any Bluetooth variation that I know of. Neither did the elder RTL8188, that I know of. So O don't think I'm going to be as lucky as you.

Yeah, because we are in the subthread for RK3188 devices and the thread was created in the UGOOS UT1 board, which is a RK3188 device. Just give it a try. The only thing that matters is that the bluetooth section is available in your ROM. Please report your results.
                            Last edited by LX+R; 05-06-2015, 02:57.

Comment

I bought myself the long-awaited Logitech K480 and wanted to try it with the setup mentioned above: The keyboard is detected but devices are not able to pair. Can somebody with a bluetooth keyboard test if it works for them?

Comment

Working...
                              X