Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollipop 5.1.1 for Ugoos UT2

Hi,

Just thought it would be worth posting here that wasser's Lollipop ROM for Minix X7 works perfectly on our Ugoos UT2 devices.

Note: I did not try the overclocked kernel, just kept stock as I felt that may cause issues.

Link to wasser's thread attached

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post
    Hi,

Just thought it would be worth posting here that wasser's Lollipop ROM for Minix X7 works perfectly on our Ugoos UT2 devices.

Note: I did not try the overclocked kernel, just kept stock as I felt that may cause issues.

Link to wasser's thread attached
    Have you tried it on Ethernet yet? That's where 3.04 and .05 failed.
    FLHT = Harley
    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post

Have you tried it on Ethernet yet? That's where 3.04 and .05 failed.
      I'll test it out later

Comment

3.05 was really strange on cat5. I have a set of powerline adapters as long as the cable was connected to that it worked great but as soon as I would move it to ANY other RJ45 connection, even on the router itself, it would start dropping out/in.
        FLHT = Harley
        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

3.05 was really strange on cat5. I have a set of powerline adapters as long as the cable was connected to that it worked great but as soon as I would move it to ANY other RJ45 connection, even on the router itself, it would start dropping out/in.
          Tested it last night, worked perfectly fine for me

Comment

I have 2 and BOTH of them drop in/out on cat5...not likely bad units...so maybe I'll flash again and see what happens Really strange that they work fine on powerline adapters and cat5....
            FLHT = Harley
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

I have 2 and BOTH of them drop in/out on cat5...not likely bad units...so maybe I'll flash again and see what happens Really strange that they work fine on powerline adapters and cat5....
              3.0.6 was the first version I tried so maybe it was an issue in earlier iterations? Post how you get on for others anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post

3.0.6 was the first version I tried so maybe it was an issue in earlier iterations? Post how you get on for others anyway
                Installed 3.06 on my UT2 RK3188 yesterday. I'm not going to bother flashing it on the UT2 RK3188T. Still has some issues with Ethernet dropping out but not nearly as bad as it was on earlier versions. Still can't rely on it for Kodi so I'm running on wifi.

BTW, isn't root for this ROM turned off/on in the developer settings? Have you checked that?
                FLHT = Harley
                Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Installed 3.06 on my UT2 RK3188 yesterday. I'm not going to bother flashing it on the UT2 RK3188T. Still has some issues with Ethernet dropping out but not nearly as bad as it was on earlier versions. Still can't rely on it for Kodi so I'm running on wifi.

BTW, isn't root for this ROM turned off/on in the developer settings? Have you checked that?
                  Ah, you're the man! That did the trick.

I have now idea how it was switched off (I hadn't even enabled developer settings until right now), but everything back to normal now!

Comment

Working...
                  X