X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlunse
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    I don't like to use customers as "guinea pigs".
    I don't agree with you. It's not about 'pigs', it's about early adopters, beta testers, experienced users that are willing to test, learn and give feedback for improvements.

You can participate if you want to or not. No one is forcing you. It is important that the seller is honest and clear that this is an early released product for experienced and interested persons.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    Hi Javi:

How you know this product is unfinished? i have tested over 30pcs RK3288 pcba board,dude, really, i am too tired for rk3288 i know all of the factory in the market, and i see the rock chip change the version from 1 to 6. and why i don't promote any rk3288 board before this model, too many problems before till i see tronsmart sample.

at first, we have cpu problem, heat problem, then dolby dts problem, then ethernet problem, and rock chip solve them one by one via modify the hardware and software.

for tv box business, I won't ask geekbuying to sell unfinished product. please understand.

The reason we set up this product, i think the hardware is ok, but tronsmart still want to improve their software , so we have this promotion.

The presale price is far lower than any other model, and we have written very clearly that we do not suggest ORDINARY users to get it, it's not meaning this model is full of bugs, we just need the geeks, the developers to make it better.

you also live in china, you should know the price of rk3288 board, sorry, i really can't afford to offer 180pcs FREE SAMPLES, the best i can do is offering this unbeatable price for the geeks, as a toy for them, plus the fully sdk opened, we hope the geeks can enjoy fun.

this is what geek buying will do in future.

we find geek gadgets, and we give geeks fun.

No offense, take it easy, and i just want to ask my geek friends to have a new toy.

Eric
    I know you are not cheating the people. And I also know the rockchip changes too and tested a lot of boards from different design houses too (but I did not pay for any one of them until now).

Everything is very good, just I don't like to use customers as "guinea pigs".

Of course this is a personal oppinion, everybody is free to have its own. If the geek friends are happy, then

We even have seen here how chinese brands are fighting between them in public , I see everybody twitching there. Everybody there wants to be the first one, that is a clear message to final users: "do not buy anything, just keep waiting". Not good for chinese brands, but anyway some factories can keep copying, attacking their own customers sales channels or spending time trying to kill the next door factory. Now the trend is using users as guinea pigs, I hope all of them put more attention in their work or hire professional people.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    But Betas are most of the times offered free for testing/playing around. Many freaktab developers get these for free, I think. So I would wait until they fix these or until the stable ones arrive....
    The other way to look at it is to think about how many finished products actually come out of any factory with stock firmware that works precisely as specified.

I've never known it yet, so it is always the devs at Freaktab/XDA/et all that make the real differences to the performance and reliability.

So this is no different really and I'll bet that there are devs that will have received free/cheap boxes already working on ROM's, so by the time anybody receives one, one may already be ready.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Speaking as a developer here, free samples aren't the norm for us. While we enjoy some discounts most of the devices we get are partially paid for from your donations. We thank Eric for all the help he can provide us.

Sent from my P9

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    But Betas are most of the times offered free for testing/playing around. Many freaktab developers get these for free, I think. So I would wait until they fix these or until the stable ones arrive....
    We also have cash back for the first customers give us custom rom, for the first to give us reviews ( in different language)

and we also have free samples to freak tab developers we have a group

but we just can't afford to offer 180pcs ALL FREE SAMPLE, hope you understand.

i don't want to earn anything from this, i just want to work with tronsmart, and release a good products,

i like products with little RMA, and lots of potential

Leave a comment:

• ghanashyaml
    replied

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    I've taken the opportunity to order the Meta, so should be fun.

As requested above, can we see something on Youtube to show off it's capabilities?
    I am busy testing, and preparing the review. stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    We Release the new toy for you guys:

grab it before the deal is gone, price will be back to normal after the first bulk release.

Plus you will get the free 8gb micro sd card with orion r28 sdk inside

Eric
    I've taken the opportunity to order the Meta, so should be fun.

As requested above, can we see something on Youtube to show off it's capabilities?

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")? If hardware problems are found will you buy the next beta version too?

If the actual specifications are ok for you it's ok, but I don't understand why to buy an unfinished product hoping one day maybe will be better.

It's good if you get one for free to test, but PAY for a BETA hardware?

Just my oppinion
    Hi Javi:

How you know this product is unfinished? i have tested over 30pcs RK3288 pcba board,dude, really, i am too tired for rk3288 i know all of the factory in the market, and i see the rock chip change the version from 1 to 6. and why i don't promote any rk3288 board before this model, too many problems before till i see tronsmart sample.

at first, we have cpu problem, heat problem, then dolby dts problem, then ethernet problem, and rock chip solve them one by one via modify the hardware and software.

for tv box business, I won't ask geekbuying to sell unfinished product. please understand.

The reason we set up this product, i think the hardware is ok, but tronsmart still want to improve their software , so we have this promotion.

The presale price is far lower than any other model, and we have written very clearly that we do not suggest ORDINARY users to get it, it's not meaning this model is full of bugs, we just need the geeks, the developers to make it better.

you also live in china, you should know the price of rk3288 board, sorry, i really can't afford to offer 180pcs FREE SAMPLES, the best i can do is offering this unbeatable price for the geeks, as a toy for them, plus the fully sdk opened, we hope the geeks can enjoy fun.

this is what geek buying will do in future.

we find geek gadgets, and we give geeks fun.

No offense, take it easy, and i just want to ask my geek friends to have a new toy.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• jlunse
    replied
    Sv: The latest news about RK3288

Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")?
    My guess is that it's about engineering and being part of a development process. Learning, sharing and collaborating in order to improve something .… like in engineering.

Also, just because it's fun

We have been doing the same in the software industry for many years, and we call it 'early adopters'. Customers buy our beta version and participate in QA. Also get a chance to add valuable input and can effect the final result. We call it win-win.
    We are happy and customers are happy.

Nothing wrong with that
    I.M.H.O
    Last edited by jlunse; 08-28-2014, 21:27.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    ... With dhl thief lol...

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Come on guys !
    We are talking about media box.... Everybody here knows chinese market.. No ?

Guys, just wait a few months to have revision 3 or 4. Or get amazon firetv, or keep you x5 minix

I m sure about 1 thing.... As usual, software Will be terrible lol

Leave a comment:

• skelton
    replied
    Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")? If hardware problems are found will you buy the next beta version too?

If the actual specifications are ok for you it's ok, but I don't understand why to buy an unfinished product hoping one day maybe will be better.

Just my oppinion
    I absolutely agree. It's not serious to sell something which is incomplete and full of bugs andprobably will be forgotten when that Telos retail device appear. Seems like Tronsmart just want users to be their beta testers and "developers" (I suppose that's the reason for releasing the SDK), instead of invest money in a good software department.

I have to agree MINIX too, seems RK3288 devices are still pretty beta, so I personally won't get one until they are ready.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    Thx for your opinion But it s a just a toy.... What do you do with a toy? You play with it... And maybe you break it... And buy another one lol

I am in! I ordered a new toy... The ap6335 one... With dhl thief lol

Bob!? I can t wait your new rom!
    My toys are finished and working well... (except the ones I buy here in China) and the factories does not sell toys unfinished.

For play can buy a Radxa Rock or a Merri Humminbird... or a LEGO

I want to say, buy unfinished material, improve it and even need to pay. I'm agree with MINIX in this point.

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Where is the good point in buying a "beta test board" (or even "alpha")? If find hardware problems will buy the next version too?

Just my oppinion
    Thx for your opinion But it s a just a toy.... What do you do with a toy? You play with it... And maybe you break it... And buy another one lol

I am in! I ordered a new toy... The ap6335 one... With dhl thief lol

Bob!? I can t wait your new rom!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X