No announcement yet.

The latest news about RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Eric, i already placed the order, your explanation TRULY IS reassuring

Comment

Re: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
      Factories are using users and customers because they DO NOT HAVE software teams. Maybe someone begining to set-up a software team now, but just that. That is why chinese software is bad and final users must to improve their own products.

A brand (I'm not talking about Tronsmart or another, but in general) can not depends on the design house 100% or ask the users fix their product for them.

If you think it's funny, I'm agree with you buying these toys and I believe the seller will not cheat you (I even know him personally), but I don't see any brand interested in spend time to really improve their products. Well... maybe MINIX, even I don't like some things they do and did and even I'm not a MINIX user, but it looks like they put a little more attention.

Personally, for those who want good toys I recommend keep waiting to the Radxa Rock RK3288, that will be really funny for playing.
      Have to agree with this. I am constantly frustrated by the shortcomings of my MINIX X7 and it's a better box. Not great with XBMC. Not get with browsing etc. Reboots. Sound glitches.

I imagine that people will be willing to spend an extra $20 or $30 for better software.

For Chinese products to expand their base internationally including phones they really need to move beyond short term profit focus. Possibly a downfall of being a large market with an apathetic customer base.

Can't wait for a better box

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
        This is a big alert, HDMI output signal is the main problem of Rockchip devices since last generation rk3188; hopefully they will sorted out and Rockchip will be honest enough to donĀ“t release the SoC & SDK prior to test widely and fixed on the most well known brands of TV sets and screens; my confidence on them, Rockchip, is weak after dealing with a couple of rk3188 TV boxes with HDMI output problems (i.e Minix Neo X7).
        Rockchip must fix:
        - HDMI Video Flickering & intermitent screen black outs + visual noise/artifacts mainly on 1080p resolution at 60 hz and 50hz refresh rate
        - HDMI Colour / gamma correction for black levels that make some dark scenes so dark with out proper definiton or resolution
        - HDMI sound glitches or intermitent.

Thanks Erick for keeping us updated.
        that is part of the trick release it and have other community developer do thier dirty work for them for free, why put 2 extra engineers on the pay packet when you can get freebies

JustMe
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I forgot to mention it should also make coffee for me or pina colada when watchine a movie

JustMe
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Where are the OTA updates promised for the s89-h

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              1080p 24hz, 1080p 60hz is there, i should confirm the 1080p 30hz tomorrow when i go to office.

well, my friend, long time no see. glad you are interested in this new toy

not from imito factory, and in factory imito is not a factory , stay tuned, give me a little time to prepare the review, and i will share as much as i can

Eric
              Ok ok

Comment

Waiting for Geekbuying to get 'square' RK3288 Tv Boxes also with HDMI in, like other manufacturers.
                That would be great and lots of people will buy it, if also on promotion.

Comment

Bought. So now I can consider myself a geek.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    Waiting for Geekbuying to get 'square' RK3288 Tv Boxes also with HDMI in, like other manufacturers.
                    That would be great and lots of people will buy it, if also on promotion.
                    FYI

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Right now I am putting forth a guess. I believe the HDMI IN is nothing more than a pass-through hardware... I bet this is like this. In other words, it's an HDMI switch if your out of HDMI ports on your TV
                    I think you are right, because it seams so that the SoC only know 1 HDMI and also only output...
                    (but know two LCD controller (3840x2160 and 2560x1600))
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
                      Where are the OTA updates promised for the s89-h
                      Flash 108k4,you get the ota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                        Flash 108k4,you get the ota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I think the primary concern for early adopters of Rk3288 devices is whether or not the hdmi port is hdmi 2.0, and whether or not the output is really 4k. Early reports from the RKM devices are that it's up scaling 1080p. If you could test these features, that might set people's minds at ease about the state of the hardware. I know I don't want another device who's hardware is due to be replaced and left behind in firmware updates.

Comment

H.D.M.I 2.0 60 is not ready yet on RK3288..it doesnt work..but you can see the box WILL be able to do it,ive tested dozens of 4k 30/60 files in mp4/h.265/ few mkv and this player can play them even at an early software stage.The Beelink box is very stable apart from some sound issues but it can play anything i throw at it games,media files,music without virtually any issue,RK3288 has a bright future if RK can update the firmaware quickley but as things are its a very very strong chipset in all regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Talas View Post
                            ... very very strong chipset ...
                            first impression
                            => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post221555
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                              I think the primary concern for early adopters of Rk3288 devices is whether or not the hdmi port is hdmi 2.0, and whether or not the output is really 4k. Early reports from the RKM devices are that it's up scaling 1080p. If you could test these features, that might set people's minds at ease about the state of the hardware. I know I don't want another device who's hardware is due to be replaced and left behind in firmware updates.
                              I confirm, on the RKM, there is no 2106p@60 and when in 2160p@30 Android runs in 1080p upscaled BUT the stock video player is able to run in real 4k.
                              So you can watch H264 and H265 videos in 4k30.

Comment

Originally posted by Talas View Post
                                H.D.M.I 2.0 60 is not ready yet on RK3288..it doesnt work..but you can see the box WILL be able to do it,ive tested dozens of 4k 30/60 files in mp4/h.265/ few mkv and this player can play them even at an early software stage.The Beelink box is very stable apart from some sound issues but it can play anything i throw at it games,media files,music without virtually any issue,RK3288 has a bright future if RK can update the firmaware quickley but as things are its a very very strong chipset in all regards.
                                Are you sure that this box will be able to output 4k60 via software updates? I've read a lot of arguments that hardware updates will be needed.

Just to be clear, I know the processor is powerful enough to do it. I just don't know if the port will ever output good 4k as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X