No announcement yet.

The latest news about RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought that as long as a box has an HDMI 2.0 port then physically, it is ready to support 4K at 60 fps.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      I would have thought that as long as a box has an HDMI 2.0 port then physically, it is ready to support 4K at 60 fps.

I think even factories does not know where is the problem....

Today another factory is coming to our office with a new RK3288 board. I don't know how many tested until now.
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post

Today another factory is coming to our office with a new RK3288 board. I don't know how many tested until now.
        There sure seems to be a pattern of releasing flawed hardware with many firmware issues for every new SOC for Android TV box. Buyer beware, terrible way to do business IMHO. Should a new customer buy one these they will likely be so upset, they will never buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by Haba View Post
          ... with many firmware issues for every new SOC for Android TV box...
          not only NEW soc's ... have a look at rk3188(t) also with e.g still bad fw and e.g fake ram size at kernel (real existing 1GB instead of shown 2GB) and so on...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

What is new/different about the new board that you are receiving?

Comment

What is new/different about the new board that you are receiving?
              After see the board 5 seconds I said: "Does not have ESD protection for the HDMI, so I don't like"

Now they asked make a list of wrong things for them

I'm beginning to feel tired about everybody here (in china) ask me these things, next time I'll ask money to be their adviser. Anyway finally most of them just think about themselves and make money at the expense of others...
              Last edited by Javimetal; 09-06-2014, 17:18.

Comment

And ESD protection is @javimetal?

Comment

Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
                  And ESD protection is @javimetal?
                  Protect the IC adequately from over-voltage stresses caused by ESD (electrostatic discharge) or CDE (cable discharge events).

We have been talking about this here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29

And here the most "curious":

"I was looking the board, touching the components with the fingers (without anti-static globes or similar) and after connect the board DID NOT WORK ANYMORE! (and even we know the board can be powered). It's curious, I was explaining what is the ESD and asking why just can find "the empty place" without anything there....

Examples:

Last edited by Javimetal; 09-06-2014, 17:45.

Comment

OT
                    @Javimetal: I like your style, specially your picture-in-picture guy
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      OT
                      @Javimetal: I like your style, specially your picture-in-picture guy
                      If I can follow my "road-map" you probably will see my style frecuently...

And later someone will copy me again

Comment

...And later someone will copy me again
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Re: The latest news about RK3288

Protect the IC adequately from over-voltage stresses caused by ESD (electrostatic discharge) or CDE (cable discharge events).

We have been talking about this here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29

And here the most "curious":

"I was looking the board, touching the components with the fingers (without anti-static globes or similar) and after connect the board DID NOT WORK ANYMORE! (and even we know the board can be powered). It's curious, I was explaining what is the ESD and asking why just can find "the empty place" without anything there....

Examples:

More cost cutting, just like the RK3188T, never mind the last minute design changes on the RK3288 due to the DTS certification.

What do you think to Rockchip misrepresenting / advertising the RK3288 as an A17, since its actually an A12, because it doesn't feature bigLITTLE.

Considering Allwinner have recently released their A80, with ARMs bigLITTLE architecture, Rockchip are playing dirty marketing trick since their already a generation behind.

Comment

Another new kid on the block from October, with a twist.

You boot Android or Linux from an SD card by default.

Supposedly from the same people that launched the Popcorn Hour box a few years ago.

Comment

Another new kid on the block from October, with a twist.

You boot Android or Linux from an SD card by default.

Supposedly from the same people that launched the Popcorn Hour box a few years ago.
                              Maybe you should open a new thread for this interesting piece with alu case (also as heatsink) and booting from removable SD Card ...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by rceccleston View Post
                                More cost cutting, just like the RK3188T, never mind the last minute design changes on the RK3288 due to the DTS certification.

What do you think to Rockchip misrepresenting / advertising the RK3288 as an A17, since its actually an A12, because it doesn't feature bigLITTLE.

Considering Allwinner have recently released their A80, with ARMs bigLITTLE architecture, Rockchip are playing dirty marketing trick since their already a generation behind.
                                The history from manufacturers is:

"Rockchip did not allow us to say A17 before, now they do not allow us to say A12". The boss of a design house called me to visit his office next week, I will try to remember this question.

About the A80, looks good:

A80 OptimusBoard is a development board featuring the latest AllWinner A80 SoC with 8 ARM Cortex A15/A7 cores in big.LITTLE configuration, and a PowerVR

Merrii is doing good development boards like the Humminbird or this one. Just the lack od documentation and community is the problem. I was talking with their english speaker sales and does not look like they put attention in my questions (anyway invited me to visit their office and explain more, but I dont really have time for now...).

Comment

Working...
                                X