• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlangejc
    replied
    The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    And I have said this before way back. AML S802 has better HDMI. Colors are better and so is contrast! That is than any RK3188 box I have including the X7. So far the S802 is now my box of choice and my PICKY WIFE agrees!

If RK leaves the HDMI implementation they have in 3188 on 3288... kiss their ass goodbye!

By the way just to add. My old Jynxbox M6 has better fidelity on HDMI than any 3188 box and I have said this before as well.

Bob
    My Geniatech M3 which is more than 4 years old still rocks and also has serious definition to boot. Amlogic is pretty damn hard to beat on XBMC and even the stock player looks epic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    There is still a long way to go, we are getting new batch of samples this week.
    XBMC-wise, Amlogic seems to be a better choice.
    And I have said this before way back. AML S802 has better HDMI. Colors are better and so is contrast! That is than any RK3188 box I have including the X7. So far the S802 is now my box of choice and my PICKY WIFE agrees!

If RK leaves the HDMI implementation they have in 3188 on 3288... kiss their ass goodbye!

By the way just to add. My old Jynxbox M6 has better fidelity on HDMI than any 3188 box and I have said this before as well.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

There is still a long way to go, we are getting new batch of samples this week.
    XBMC-wise, Amlogic seems to be a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Eric (Geekbuying), when and if I buy a RK3288 TV box it will definitely be from you. In your search for the perfect device, having a 4 gig RAM option would be great. I am really hoping Minix releases a RK3288 version of the X7.

Thanks for your past service.

D

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by tlchuan View Post
    Most of the device over heat, why no body is doing something about it

send from asus fonepad 7
    I think this problem is more comun in Amlogic devices than Rockchip.

Leave a comment:

• tlchuan
    replied
    Most of the device over heat, why no body is doing something about it

send from asus fonepad 7

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Choosing Android TV Box based in Antutu results is a big error, Antutu results can be faked (included Antutu X)

User experience, main usage... feeling while playing. These are the best tests.

Leave a comment:

• blakzilla12
    replied
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe its just me & my cynical self ............but with asia pads ad overhead with the ZERO 6 C android tv player that will supposedly sport the RK3288 A17quad cpu & Mali T760 octa gpu, 4.0 bluetooth etc. ........ already packaged with game controller, cd, looks ready to ship ......has for a few months ........

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by encore2097 View Post
    +1

Multiple suppliers have told me that engineering samples have been out and they are now debugging and trying to work out the software.

ETA for samples should be June 20, 2014.
    Do not expect too much for the first bulk samples. I can image a lot of problems...the china market is just really ....

Eric

Leave a comment:

• encore2097
    replied
    +1

Multiple suppliers have told me that engineering samples have been out and they are now debugging and trying to work out the software.

ETA for samples should be June 20, 2014.

Leave a comment:

• pajopasa
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• eduaveoso
    replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

+1

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830 usando Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    started a topic The latest news about RK3288

I think i should open this post and share some latest news about rockchip rk3288 chip.

I have watching this forum for a while, a lot of factory release their RK3288 models, really a lot,.

Seems they can't wait to push the rk3288 to market, but what is the real time when we can expect the real samples?

In fact,i have played with different factories rk3288 pcba board. a lot.
    I still remember the first pcbs board i get just have 23000 score, and a very early version, and now the newest pcba board i test already have 35000 score. rock chip is improving , but till now, there are still something need to confirm:

1) the official rk3288 sdk haven't released, rock chip promise to release two weeks ago, but till today no news, they just open some kernel to the developer company;
    2) the rock chip rk3288 will run @1.8Ghz
    3) XBMC can hardware decoding 1080p, but 4K and WMV decoding still have problem;

if the official sdk haven't released, how we can expect a really working device?

some people tell me they will get the first bulk at the end of this month. I will test, and decide which one i should list.

For Android TV BOX BUSINESS, i always think Geekbuying is the most professional. We know what we are selling , that's the point.

So stick with us, and let's try to expect the new toy, i will try to update this tread when i get much more news.

Enjoy.
    Eric
    Geekbuying
    Last edited by geekbuying; 06-18-2014, 04:35.
Working...
X