The latest news about RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    We are holding back because of the HDMI issue, we will release the product only if the problems are confirmed to be fixed by RK, unlike some brands that are treating users like lab rats. Up till now, the answer is negative so we just put it on hold even we were the first company got it running.
    Hi,

as I understood you correctly you have now access to rk3288 based reference device? I use rk3066 mk808b TV stick with regular desktop Arch Linux ARM, its based on rk3066. I found an issue which looks like to be a hardware problem with it. When you connect up USB hard drive it will work until you move the plug in the socket, after that it immediately disconnects. I've tested same USB hard drive in a PC computer and there is no such issue then I think its RockChip device fault. Moreover I have tested it also on different rk3066 TV Stick and its same.

Could you check your reference device in the scenario that I described in this post? Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by mac- View Post
      Hi,

as I understood you correctly you have now access to rk3288 based reference device? I use rk3066 mk808b TV stick with regular desktop Arch Linux ARM, its based on rk3066. I found an issue which looks like to be a hardware problem with it. When you connect up USB hard drive it will work until you move the plug in the socket, after that it immediately disconnects. I've tested same USB hard drive in a PC computer and there is no such issue then I think its RockChip device fault. Moreover I have tested it also on different rk3066 TV Stick and its same.

Could you check your reference device in the scenario that I described in this post? Thx!

Can you explain this?

you mean just touch the plug?
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
        Can you explain this?

you mean just touch the plug?
        Yes, you have the plug in the USB socket and when you toch it it disconnects. Then it looks like rk3066 issue or 3.0.36 kernel issue. Now I'm fighting with 3.0.101 from Omegamoon but sound doesn't work and zRAM is completely broken (kernel throws error dump when trying to set fs on zram0 device).

Comment

Originally posted by mac- View Post
          Yes, you have the plug in the USB socket and when you toch it it disconnects. Then it looks like rk3066 issue or 3.0.36 kernel issue. Now I'm fighting with 3.0.101 from Omegamoon but sound doesn't work and zRAM is completely broken (kernel throws error dump when trying to set fs on zram0 device).
          It sounds more like a hardware problem. I got same problem with the USB dongle of my Logitech mouse when connect to my VAIO laptop, just touch a little and the mouse disconnects some seconds. Also sometimes I get same problem with my Galaxy 4 and the VAIO (even in a different port). But I guess it's a hardware problem from the ports or cables.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like poor soldering of the port to pcb.

Comment

Well I made little experiment. Connected up things through USB hub. In such conditions plug in the my MK808B socket stayed untouched. But result was same - when i touched plug in the hub socket the devices immediately disconnects ...

I reproduced it on two different rk3066 devices, the second one is:

I wish to try some rk3188 device but I'm still waiting for rk3288 and don't want to spend money on rk3188 now ...

Comment

Have you tried a different cable and drive to see if the result is the same? You may have a bad cable with a short.

Comment

It's impossible because same works properly with my netbook as I wrote earlier.

Comment

I did one more test but using uSD card reader. Result is same, after a while device disconnects even w/o touching it. It means that the issue is directly related to rk3066 itself.

Comment

More news;

Seems no factory can release the sample before the end of this month. all of the factories are telling me that there are software bugs, and rock chip will fix that at the end of this month.

and as far as i know, there won't have HDMI 2.0 in the first samples. no factory can make it, and test now hard to find hdmi 2.0 tv here for testing.

and AP6335 wifi module seems still have problem. I will test the first bulk who use this module, and report back.

Eric
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

It appears that there are some Pipo P1's without 3G floating around. I've heard where some have been sold on Aliexpress. I'm skeptical whether they are genuine Pipo P1's, if what you are saying is true.

Maybe someone got a hold of a test run and is selling them.

Anna Ye says they aren't shipping P1's until they get some problems worked out with 3G chips.

So, if Pipo says they aren't shipping tablets, but there seem to be some for sale...watch out for fakes out there...or at least prototypes that aren't reliable.

I'm also seeing firmware updates being tested almost every day...so it looks like the firmware developers are quite busy.

I would love to be able to test one...but only when they are REALLY ready to go. Eric, I trust that the ones you get will be the REAL DEAL.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                          More news;

Seems no factory can release the sample before the end of this month. all of the factories are telling me that there are software bugs, and rock chip will fix that at the end of this month.

and as far as i know, there won't have HDMI 2.0 in the first samples. no factory can make it, and test now hard to find hdmi 2.0 tv here for testing.

and AP6335 wifi module seems still have problem. I will test the first bulk who use this module, and report back.

Eric
                          Thanks for the update.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It appears the wifi versions are available. I just ordered one from Geekbuying.com today.

I'm looking forward to doing some ROMs for it very soon.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              It appears the wifi versions are available. I just ordered one from Geekbuying.com today.

I'm looking forward to doing some ROMs for it very soon.
                              yes, the wifi version has arrived in our ware house, but just very limited stock, pipo hasn't released the enough stock, budy. stay tuned, we will written some reviews, and play it a lot.

let's check the rk3288 performance in the tablet first.

Eric
                              Looking for developers
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

I just received a new "toy" in the office:

I'll share more info as soon as I can... these days I have lots of products over my desk

Comment

Working...
                                X