No announcement yet.

The latest news about RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need Rochchip sources for the 3.10.0 kernel. Are there anyone that can get the sources so i can cook up a kernel for overclocking i have the same board too. here is a link from other site that i am port of there are my pictures and also the dump for ref, i also rooterd my board very easy.http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ware-20140731/

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
      Hm....Good info
      +1 !
      Specially the last part !
      BTW: does anyone know if the HDMI 2.0 problem is only a SDK problem or a hw problem?
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by neojin29 View Post
        i need Rochchip sources for the 3.10.0 kernel. Are there anyone that can get the sources so i can cook up a kernel for overclocking i have the same board too. here is a link from other site that i am port of there are my pictures and also the dump for ref, i also rooterd my board very easy.http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...ware-20140731/
        Hy, you don't need to double post here...
        You will find an answer at your other post...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

R: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          ok, something i can confirm for the first bulk rk3288 device.

there is no dolby /dts hardware decoding right now, only can use XBMC to decode those file. so use the stock media player you won't hear any sound when you watch movies with dolby and dts. if the seller said it can do support dolby dts hardware decoding, fake.

No hdmi 2.0 right now. if there is any seller tell you that their device support hdmi 2.0,fake.

some model have the 1080p 24 hz, and 4K 24HZ support, some don't have,confirm it with your seller. at least tronsmart Orion R28 support 24hz, which is good for blue ray users.

i will test the passthrough later.

the CPU speed will at 1.6Ghz, and rock chip can't make it to 1.8Ghz or 2.0Ghz because of the high power dissipation, and the high temperature, if some seller tell you they have 1.8Ghz rk3288, fake.

Update: I might be wrong about the cpu speed, rock chip is still changing about this, but we can know high cpu speed, means high temperature, let's check what rock chip did when the real product.

rock chip just modify the pcba design last week, and if you receive the sample recently ,be careful, the real selling device will be different. now all of the factories are busy re-design the PCBA board, it's suck.

Eric
          No need to scare US about Dolby and dts support.
          There are different ways to software decode those audio tracks in android.so you will not have a 'mute' movie

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
            No need to scare US about Dolby and dts support.
            There are different ways to software decode those audio tracks in android.so you will not have a 'mute' movie
            I am NOT scare you guys, i already offer the solution, the XBMC can do the decode, i just want people know it before complaint. is that wrong?
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              +1 !
              Specially the last part !
              BTW: does anyone know if the HDMI 2.0 problem is only a SDK problem or a hw problem?
              That's a good question. The same goes for Dolby and DTS decoding. Is it a software issue or will there be multiple versions of the RK3288?
              Last edited by Mr Dasher; 08-13-2014, 11:55. Reason: correction

Comment

I am NOT scare you guys, i already offer the solution, the XBMC can do the decode, i just want people know it before complaint. is that wrong?
                Eric, you are wellcome!
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                  That's a good question. The same goes for Dolby and DTS decoding. Is it a software issue or will there be multiple versions of the RK3288?
                  First it is a question of license, for both, hardware or software decoding. In the past, rock chip didn't own the license. Because of that, you have to use patched versions (e.g. for path-trough and also at e.g. MX player).
                  If apps are able to use the hardware decoding (if exist) for downsizing/-mixing to stereo (2.1), it relieves the CPU...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Re: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    First it is a question of license, for both, hardware or software decoding. In the past, rock chip didn't own the license. Because of that, you have to use patched versions (e.g. for path-trough and also at e.g. MX player).
                    If apps are able to use the hardware decoding (if exist) for downsizing/-mixing to stereo (2.1), it relieves the CPU...
                    Here we go again so basically, what you are saying it's the same software dolby/DTS on the X7?

Whats the benefit for the rk3288 chip then?
                    I thought it would be slightly better / even as Amlogic. But if no solid dolby/DTS it's a big step backwards IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                      Here we go again so basically, what you are saying it's the same software dolby/DTS on the X7?

Whats the benefit for the rk3288 chip then?
                      I thought it would be slightly better / even as Amlogic. But if no solid dolby/DTS it's a big step backwards IMO.
                      X7 = RK3811 = so yes

What means 'solid dolby/DTS' ?

Normally path-through is path-through (the SoC has nothing to do with it, so it depends on e.g. XBMC what it can handle to path-through via e.g. HDMI).

At that moment you have not standard DD/DTS codec (worst case) it could be better to use software decoding to downsize to stereo because it is more flexible than hardware implemented decoding... and this SoC (also the S802) is powerful enough to handle software decoding...

The benefit?
                      Maybe HDMI 2.0 (if implemented), maybe more powerful mali-GPU (definitely more powerful than rk3188 and maybe more powerful than S802), maybe the CPU (arm) ...
                      (I think I will use the S802 for video watching and the RK3288 for gaming... we will see)
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Guys, why such a big worry about dts-dolby?
                        It is a matter of license.if rockchip dies not own the license, there is the software decoding for dts-Dolby.simply you have to use xbmc, or mxplayer with custom codecs or archos video player.then ,for example, mx player will hardware decode video andò software decode audio.simply, DTS or Dolby audio will ne decode by CPU ,that is strong enough to do this.so, please, stop worrying about that

Comment

What's the worry??? I want a MEDIABOX XBMC with proper dolby/DTS sound out of the box. Without tweaking twerking and mess around with patches or codecs the reason why I said the X7 goodbye ....

A movie without dolby/DTS is a burger without meat.

So no Dolby licensed... It's a no go for a mediabox.

Keep in mind that the majority don't flash roms.

Comment

there is no dolby /dts hardware decoding right now, only can use XBMC to decode those file. so use the stock media player you won't hear any sound when you watch movies with dolby and dts. if the seller said it can do support dolby dts hardware decoding, fake.
                            Thanks Eric for the updates. We appreciate it! If you stream video like Google play, netflix, Amazon, etc.. you don't have to worry as I don't believe they use dolby / DTS. I think this primarily a blue-ray thing.
                            No hdmi 2.0 right now.
                            Thanks, keep us updated, please.
                            the CPU speed will at 1.6Ghz, and rock chip can't make it to 1.8Ghz or 2.0Ghz because of the high power dissipation, and the high temperature, if some seller tell you they have 1.8Ghz rk3288, fake.

Update: I might be wrong about the cpu speed, rock chip is still changing about this, but we can know high cpu speed, means high temperature, let's check what rock chip did when the real product.
                            What if someone adds a larger heat sink, or bigger fan? Won't that work?

Comment

R: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                              What's the worry??? I want a MEDIABOX XBMC with proper dolby/DTS sound out of the box. Without tweaking twerking and mess around with patches or codecs the reason why I said the X7 goodbye ....

A movie without dolby/DTS is a burger without meat.

So no Dolby licensed... It's a no go for a mediabox.

Keep in mind that the majority don't flash roms.
                              Tweaking?messing around? Are you able to download and install from playstore,for example,archos video player and its codecs?
                              If you don t, it is not a'out of the box' matter, it is only a problem of yours...

Comment

Originally posted by dancar View Post
                                What if someone
                                1. adds a larger heat sink
                                2. or bigger fan?
                                Won't that work?
                                1. I think that will happen faster you think
                                2. not a bigger but maybe a fan (because there isn't any)...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X