Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    sex sells ...
    Well as long as there is no Photo Shop retouch it should be OK....i think
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have been talking with Cloudnetgo people just now, and they sent me that link.

In China few times correct these things... so do not hope other sellers will do anything.
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

And we're All buying
        sex sells ...

Comment

Measy B4S and others

If you need multicast the boxes are not for you. Goodbuy RK3288 on Android 4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
            Today, talking and testing something with Sunchip guys (included software engineer), we have found a problem.

One of our TVs (a SAMSUNG UHD) can support 4K-25Hz and 4K-30Hz, so we connected the ZERO Devices Z5C Thinko (RK3288 stick) and did not see anything in the screen. It looks like the TV was noticed about something has been connected, but no any signal there...

So we wanted to be sure it is not a Z5C stick problem (this one is the latest version before mass production) and tried to connect a CX-998. Result was same.

Ok, so we also tried another boxes with different motherboards, made by another people. Connected the OTT CS928, OTT CS918II (HTC boards) and some one more. Same result.... all of them did not work with our SAMSUNG Smart TV.

Later we connected the boxes (all of them) to another TV, we did not find any problem. Setted-up the resolution to 1080p-60Hz, connect again to the SAMSUNG and... yes! Working now!

What is the problem?

Our SAMSUNG TV supports 4K-30Hz max. (accord with specifications), but it seems that this TV's hardware is ready for up to 4K-60Hz except the HDMI (it is HDMI 1.4). So, what is happening?

Ok, everything looks correct, why can not watch the image?
            Rockchip's SoC and system can "read" the available resolutions from our TV, so our boxes thought 4K-50Hz and 4K-60Hz are some of them. When the box boots it choose the highest resolution, so our boxes tried to use the "4K-60Hz" (provided by the TV), but... the hardware of the TV is not really ready to play this, so we can not see any signal there. Just after set-up a 4K-30Hz or lower from another TV and connect to the SAMSUNG we could watch something.

As can be seen here, we have up to 4K-60Hz, but if we choose 50Hz or 60Hz it will not work.

I think this is a problem of most (or even all) RK3288 products, and we have been talking a bit about this because it is not easy to fix. The TVs will "cheat" the boxes. Probably will need Rockchip's support directly.

Anyway, it's just a software issue and hope can be fixed soon.
            ZERO Devices Z5C Thinko - This problem is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
              The reason is Rk3288 cant read EDID from the TV correctly..Then it'll show all these resolutions...It can be fixed by HW and SW..No need to redesign the PCB layout,just adjust some pullup resistance related to I2C,and adjust the IO driven strength by SW..

Our R89 already support 2160P 60Hz
              Today I was curious so I connected the R89. I found a similar problem... but even more difficult.

The R89 looks like work different than another boxes, so I don't have way to use it with my SAMSUNG 4K TV.

With another models, until this problem was fixed (like Z5C), at least I could connect the box to another TV, set the resolution to another one lower and later connect to the SAMSUNG again successful. But with R89 I can not. It looks like the R89 sets itself each time is connected to a TV, so does not remember the configuration.

I could not connect

Comment

Any other SD bootable TV Box manufacturer?

@Javimetal, do you know if any chinese manufacturers are going to make "SD bootable" TV Boxes similar to Openhour Chameleon? You seem to be very close to the manufacturers..

Openhour Chameleon seems to be the only one out there but quite pricey as compared to other RK3288 boxes out there. It will be some good competition so the overall product quality/stability would increase.
                Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                  @Javimetal, do you know if any chinese manufacturers are going to make "SD bootable" TV Boxes similar to Openhour Chameleon? You seem to be very close to the manufacturers..

Openhour Chameleon seems to be the only one out there but quite pricey as compared to other RK3288 boxes out there. It will be some good competition so the overall product quality/stability would increase.
                  I have not seen any product like this from long time ago. Maybe because I do not follow this market, latest was a TV Stick with Freescale i.MX6Q

What is the good point of "boot from SD card"?

Comment

latest was a TV Stick with Freescale i.MX6Q

Let me check out the "Freescale i.MX6Q".

Good point about boot from SD is that there is no fear of a brick and see your money go down the drain. My GM282's NAND chip is corrupted as far as I can see and as per Bob's (Finless) comments on this forum.

In this case, you simply format the SD if a brick happens and reinstall the OS/firmware, just like our PC. So your money spent is safe instead of dependent on the life of the NAND chip. To me this is a very good thing.
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

I have not seen any product like this from long time ago. Maybe because I do not follow this market, latest was a TV Stick with Freescale i.MX6Q

It seems IanMorrison (linuxium) find a way at rk3188 to boot from SD-card http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post245060 (but he only build linux-rom)... so I think he will also find a solution at rk3288...
                      There also exists a thread at the linux sub-forum http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ng-your-device
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It seems IanMorrison (linuxium) find a way at rk3188 to boot from SD-card http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post245060 (but he only build linux-rom)... so I think he will also find a solution at rk3288...
                        There also exists a thread at the linux sub-forum http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ng-your-device
                        I had read about that. But the question I have is that this will still need the NAND to be "alive", right, assuming the bootloader flash also goes into the NAND? If the NAND is dead, it will not help.
                        So OpenHouse Chameleon is able to do it by just having a small NAND good enough to hold the bootloader?

Can somebody attempt to do that for Android? Many of us who have a brick will appreciate

Edit: Now that I have read the post (thanks no_spam_for_me), it seems that this way of booting is completely independent of the NAND, so that should work. It's time for some research with my GM282 with Ubuntu
                        Last edited by ghanashyaml; 11-19-2014, 21:28.
                        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Some news about RK3288.
                          The Firefly-RK3288 supports Flint OS and Phoenix OS.
                          You can download the firmware here

Comment

Working...
                          X