Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeevg
    replied
    CR11S is 3188, any recommendations on one of their 3288 ? There is more than one.....

Leave a comment:

• buhohitr
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    Can't wait to see a real good review of one of these. CR11s was a better one I had heard, hope this would be much better.
    I owned a Cloudnetgo CR11S and it's the best. They had released many firmware to upgrade their devices to perfection. The latest firmware is super smooth and I'm very happy with the product. The only cons is the price...On this site we have Tech1 who is an excellent developer who makes the box even 100 time better. It's a FULL features multi media box with 1080p kernel (none OC and OC). I probably give the HPH a shot, seems like a good device, but I don't know about how often they upgrade their firmware and this is the most important part about buying a device.

Leave a comment:

• Haba
    replied
    Originally Posted by tlchuan
    Most of the device over heat, why no body is doing something about it

send from asus fonepad 7

Originally posted by fungaming View Post
    +1
    Can someone figure this out?

Geekbuying, Tronsmart, Beelink, Minix and all Android TV box manufacturers you need to listen to your customers and understand your product. The heat issues are bordering on plain stupidity with many very unhappy customers. Some users claim they do not want a fan on their device, perhaps they only stream media. You will either need to make two devices one for silent operation and one for everyone else or make one single device that can handle all uses.

The silent streaming box needs many vents on the box for air intake and exhaust keeping good airflow in mind. A large, quality heatsink with a good attachment for a quality heatsink with thermal paste. Testing with all cores at max speed needs done in hot room to make sure there is no issue, a high max cpu speed is not needed and may need to be lowered to prevent overheating.

An Android TV box for everyone or everyone else who is going to use the cpu at full speed max needs proper vents, a good attachment with a quality temperature controlled fan and heatsink with thermal paste. Again, test in a hot room with all cores at 100% to ensure there is no throttling and cpu stays cool. A gamer for example may have all cpu, gpu cores and memory system at max speed for a few hours at a time.

This is not rocket science, the Intel NUC has intake vents and uses a temperature controlled laptop fan and heatsink combo to take heat out of the box that works like a champ when it is tested before release to insure proper cooling.

I happen to agree with Intel, make one device that can handle it all with a low noise temperature controlled fan. Streaming media with hardware decoding should not turn on the fan keeping it quite for watching or listening to media.

The cooling issue all depends upon the specific hardware which is why testing needs done to ensure the steps taken to keep the device from overheating are effective.

Leave a comment:

• fungaming
    replied
    Originally posted by tlchuan View Post
    Most of the device over heat, why no body is doing something about it

send from asus fonepad 7
    +1
    Can someone figure this out?

Leave a comment:

• ghanashyaml
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    I will be posting a review and breakdown of the box performance once it arrives.
    Can't wait to see a real good review of one of these. CR11s was a better one I had heard, hope this would be much better.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    It's identical in both enclosure and PCB to the Cloudnetgo CR12. I already have one of these on the way, I will be posting a review and breakdown of the box performance once it arrives.

Leave a comment:

• Lude
    replied
    Anyone seen this listing for the Tronsmart Orion: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Trons...191407490.html

What do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• ghanashyaml
    replied
    Bluetimes RK3288, anyone tried?

Anyone tried this one?
    http://www.****.com/itm/Rockchip-RK3...item19f253d34d

Leave a comment:

• zeevg
    replied
    My last tronsmart was freezing and got exchanged for a minix, maybe HPH after all ?

Leave a comment:

• tlchuan
    replied
    Tronsmart don't keep their promise, they have drop support for mk918 no kit kat release until now

send from asus fonepad 7

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Eric says a Orion is on the way to me!

So this is a box I will be supporting.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    and some rk3288 device with same casing, but different pcba, and customer should complaint, oh, shit, which firmware i should flash.

maximum hypothetical support accident (also for us here at the board)

Leave a comment:

• zeevg
    replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

I am happy we got you laughing Eric and share your side of the story, the Tronsmart picture is very nice

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by zeevg View Post
    geekbuying Eric hi ! Are you talking about the HPH model ?
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Maybe a Tronsmart R89
    Originally posted by zeevg View Post
    oh no !!!
    aha, you guys are kidding me.

next week, there will be 3 factory begin to product and release their first bulk rk3288 device. we will list them all.

and at the begining of the Sep, you will see more factory release their model.

and then market will like rk3188 story, you will find a lot of different model with different pcba and different price to hit the market.

and some rk3288 device with same casing, but different pcba, and customer should complaint, oh, shit, which firmware i should flash.

We will just pick up some model and list in our store. we will offer detail review for the item we sell, and stock firmware, and other instructions we can make, also we will keep in touch with those factory, and give feedback which we collect from you guys, and then report back to them, and push for solution.

Remember the first bulk will always have bugs, and for rk3288, it has the most bugs i have ever seen before, but rock chip is working hard to solve.

and for tronsmart, yes, they will also have their rk3288 model, but not the R89, don't kidding me, lol.

The reason why we always choose to work with tronsmart, they are a really company who want to built the brand reputation, and help to working with us to solve customer problem, and have responsibility for their products. It's not easy to build a brand in china, so guys, help to support them

photos for the Orion R28:

Leave a comment:

• zeevg
    replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Maybe a Tronsmart R89
    oh no !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X