• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINIX
    replied
    The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by encore2097 View Post
    Ah looks like I was not clear.

RK3288 has a HDMI transmitter built into the SoC.
    "HDMI2.0 to support maximum 4Kx2K display" [RK3288 SoC - Video Interface]

If the current versions of the RK3288 are not HDMI 2.0 capable, then will there be a new hardware revision later? That seems very expensive.

Alternatively, they could include a separate chip like on RK3188 boards.

If the RK3288 is already is HDMI 2.0 capable, then its a matter of updating firmware/driver support.
    Final reference design just released with a few important hardware design bug fixes.

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Here is a small video. This board boots Android 4.4 in around 17-18 seconds
    Our boot needs 10s only.

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    ok, something i can confirm for the first bulk rk3288 device.

there is no dolby /dts hardware decoding right now, only can use XBMC to decode those file. so use the stock media player you won't hear any sound when you watch movies with dolby and dts. if the seller said it can do support dolby dts hardware decoding, fake.

No hdmi 2.0 right now. if there is any seller tell you that their device support hdmi 2.0,fake.

some model have the 1080p 24 hz, and 4K 24HZ support, some don't have,confirm it with your seller. at least tronsmart Orion R28 support 24hz, which is good for blue ray users.

i will test the passthrough later.

the CPU speed will at 1.6Ghz, and rock chip can't make it to 1.8Ghz or 2.0Ghz because of the high power dissipation, and the high temperature, if some seller tell you they have 1.8Ghz rk3288, fake.

Update: I might be wrong about the cpu speed, rock chip is still changing about this, but we can know high cpu speed, means high temperature, let's check what rock chip did when the real product.

rock chip just modify the pcba design last week, and if you receive the sample recently ,be careful, the real selling device will be different. now all of the factories are busy re-design the PCBA board, it's suck.

Eric

Actually we've got 4k@60hz working for a while already. I don't know why others can't . However, as I said there are new hardware changes required this week by RK, so this product is not ready for the market yet. I could see that RK really want to make it good before releasing to the market.
    HDMI Bitstream (passthrough) is not working properly - only Dolby TrueHD is ok, all others are no-go at the moment.
    First bulk??? It is impossible to be on selling now, old designs just got voided last week.
    Last edited by MINIX; 08-15-2014, 18:47.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    Rockchip released new 3288 design file this week, previous designs wasted again...
    Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    HW layout has to be revised.
    THX !!
    ... shit

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
    @Minix What did they change? Might be something to do with heat running higher CPU frequencies.
    Heat is never an issue.
    Heat is a problem only to those with a poor thermal/mechanical design.

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    What's the worry??? I want a MEDIABOX XBMC with proper dolby/DTS sound out of the box. Without tweaking twerking and mess around with patches or codecs the reason why I said the X7 goodbye ....

A movie without dolby/DTS is a burger without meat.

So no Dolby licensed... It's a no go for a mediabox.

Keep in mind that the majority don't flash roms.
    Rockchip is now a Dolby member, rk3066 is already certified. Rk3288 is undergoing the review process and hopefully it will be passed very soon. Not yet but soon.
    DTS is not available though...

Leave a comment:

• dlangejc
    replied

@Minix What did they change? Might be something to do with heat running higher CPU frequencies.

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    +1 !
    Specially the last part !
    BTW: does anyone know if the HDMI 2.0 problem is only a SDK problem or a hw problem?
    HW layout has to be revised.

Leave a comment:

• MINIX
    replied

Rockchip released new 3288 design file this week, previous designs wasted again...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Dasher
    replied
    Here we go again.......
    Funny I thought those very same words. I keep swearing off these devices but I still order them. Not sure I have the patience for another new Rockchip SOC. As I have mentioned in another thread I have ordered a 4gig version but if there is no movement by the end of August I will cancel. My madness has to end. :0)

Leave a comment:

• neojin29
    replied
    hi,friend,this file is the install software,you can download it to upgrade it,if you have any questions,you can contact me.
    this is
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....1_archive.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
    Tweaking?messing around? Are you able to download and install from playstore,for example,archos video player and its codecs?
    If you don t, it is not a'out of the box' matter, it is only a problem of yours...
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    That only describe the down-mix/-size process to 2.1 (stereo), but if you want to use path-trough, at rk3188 you need a patched lib...
    @ gaetanolip

Need I say more??

Hmzzz so tell me where to download a patched lib from Playstore.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
    Tweaking?messing around? Are you able to download and install from playstore,for example,archos video player and its codecs?
    If you don t, it is not a'out of the box' matter, it is only a problem of yours...
    That only describe the down-mix/-size process to 2.1 (stereo), but if you want to use path-trough, at rk3188 you need a patched lib...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by dancar View Post
    What if someone
    1. adds a larger heat sink
    2. or bigger fan?
    Won't that work?
    1. I think that will happen faster you think
    2. not a bigger but maybe a fan (because there isn't any)...

Leave a comment:

• gaetanolip
    replied
    R: The latest news about RK3288

What's the worry??? I want a MEDIABOX XBMC with proper dolby/DTS sound out of the box. Without tweaking twerking and mess around with patches or codecs the reason why I said the X7 goodbye ....

A movie without dolby/DTS is a burger without meat.

So no Dolby licensed... It's a no go for a mediabox.

Keep in mind that the majority don't flash roms.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X