Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO ROOT RK3288 TV BOX AND TABLET PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO ROOT RK3288 TV BOX AND TABLET PC?

Rockchip release their new cpu rk3288 six month ago, however, the real products which base on this chip is just hitting the market. I have got a lot of samples for RK3288 device before, I think it’s time to write some common instruciton for the RK3288 tv box and tablet pc.

Here is the basic instruction for how to root the Rockchip RK3288 Device, i test with the rk3288 tv box sample in my office, it can work well. So here we go:

root tool download here

You must follow this instruction and install the usb drivers first in your windows PC:

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/08/11/rockchip-rk3288-usb-drivers-for-windows-xpwin7_32win7_64win8_32win8_64/

Now what you should do is:

Open the root tool

connect your rk3288 device with your pc via USB cable, power on your rk3288 device;

go to your rk3288 device setting, in Developer Options, choose USB Debug, and then go to USB settings, choose “connect to PC”

Now the root tool will find the rk3288 device. and will check the root . Please note, there is strange things happen, the root will inform you the device is rooted, however, when it is not, you should click” root again” button and the root tool will work ,and your rk3288 device will restart.

Afer that, you will get root access for your rk3288 device.

So above the instruction for root rk3288 device, if you have any problem when you root the device, please feel free to leave comment.

PS: i try the old rk3188 root method, it’s failed, i tried the Towelroot,it’s also not working. this root tool is the only method i can find right now. If you can find other root method, please also let me know.

thanks

Eric
    Geekbuying

Source from: http://bit.ly/XcjK6K
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

COMODO says
    Maleware@#19waxlauyadyh
    (ok, comodo is very sensitive, but...)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

That being said, rooting a device is usually done via an exploit, so it doesn't mean its harmful software, but be careful.

Comment

hmmm, but F-Prot/-Secure, Kaspersky ... didn't found a problem
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It is FAR easier to root these up coming boxes with my EZ root update. The one I made for the X7 will work! It's a simple update.img you put on SDcard and it does it!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            It is FAR easier to root these up coming boxes with my EZ root update. The one I made for the X7 will work! It's a simple update.img you put on SDcard and it does it!

Bob
            Thanks for pointing me out, i will try that zip.

Eric
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              COMODO says
              Maleware@#19waxlauyadyh
              (ok, comodo is very sensitive, but...)
              Originally posted by Evildropbear View Post
              https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/3...is/1407767875/

That being said, rooting a device is usually done via an exploit, so it doesn't mean its harmful software, but be careful.
              The software is ok, in china,it is a very popular root tools, and they make it to english version. so don't worry about use it.

Eric
              Looking for developers
              http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Bob
                Awesome
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Bob
                  hmmm, I searching... also via google... I can't find it...
                  Maybe do you mean this? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROM-quot-ROMs
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

You can use Root Genius also to root RK3288, i have done that and it worked.

Comment

Bob
                      I can't find your ez root for the X7. I will try it on my new box from Oman (RK3288)

thanks
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Has anyone tried root Beelink R89 RK3288? Can't find ez root for X7, fund for S82 Amlogic (same?).
                        Beelink R89
                        Pioneer SC-2022
                        Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                        Minix X8-H
                        Minix X5
                        Logitech Revue

Comment

I rooted my HPH rk3288 with the method provided by Eric and it takes about 30 sec. I tried Bob's x7 method without any sucess. I could not get my device to be seen by my windows 8 computer with Bob's file.

Comment

Where did you find the X7 files?
                            Beelink R89
                            Pioneer SC-2022
                            Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                            Minix X8-H
                            Minix X5
                            Logitech Revue

Comment

I searched Neo x7 and found "Thread: rooting Neo x7 with V Root possible". Dated 04-04-2014. I could not understand how to attach that post here but if you read the Neo x7 thread you will find it. In the files you must open it and read the instruction on how to install. I hope this will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X