Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE FOR RK3288 TV BOX / TABLET PC? (NEWEST FLASH TOOLS DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE FOR RK3288 TV BOX / TABLET PC? (NEWEST FLASH TOOLS DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE)

RK3288 is the newest powerful cpu from Rockchip company. There will be a lot of RK3288 device hitting the market soon. This is the common instruction for how to flash the stock firmware for your rk3288 device, including rk3288 tv box, rk3288 tablet pc.

Please note, the method is just working with Windows PC.

Step 1: Download the newest Rockchip Firmware Flash Tool here ( password: geekbuying.com), Decompress the download file, you will get this:

Then click ” AndroidTool_Release_v2.3″, you’ll see this:

Click “AndroidTool.exe” this is the tools you need. click this .exe file, you will see this:

Step 2: Connect Your Rockchip rk3288 device with your windows PC, open the usb debug in setting.

Step 3: Follow the instruction here, and install the drivers in your PC.

Rockchip release their rk3288 chip in six month ago, however, the real products which base on rk3288 chip is just hit the market. I will begin to write some instructionns and share the tools with you guys. Hope it can help some people. Today i will share the newest rockchip usb drivers for RK3288. it […]

Step 4: Download the stock firmware for your rk3288 device to your windows PC;

Step 5: If the stock firmware you get is just one update.img file, you should follow this instruction:

click Update firmware button in this photo:

Clcik ” Firmware” load the download rk3288 device stock firmware. and then click Upgrade.

If you get several img file, which including kernel.img, receovery.img, etc. you should use the following menu to flash:

Click the Path and choose the download img file.

There are also some Advanced function in this tool, you can unpack the update.img file to different kernel.img, boot.img, receovery.img etc. which you might use it in firmware developing.

So above is the basic instruction for how to flash the stock firmware for rk3288 device, if you met any problem when flash the firmware, feel free to leave comment beflow.

Enjoy!

Eric
    Geekbuying
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

Step 1: Download the newest Rockchip Firmware Flash Tool here ( password: geekbuying.com), Decompress the download file, you will get this:

where is the link ?

Comment

Originally posted by redscorpion133 View Post
      where is the link ?
      It's the same as the 2.1 tool but he is showing 2.3. I don't have that yet. 2.1 tool can be found here:

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

He missed posting the link but here it is

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I will have to test 2.3 and see if lets you erase IDB on these 3288 ROMs.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I will have to test 2.3 and see if lets you erase IDB on these 3288 ROMs.
            Both a THX
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello all, I made a mistake when I tryed flashing a new rom to my EKB328, I checked and selected the loader file too (RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.bin) and flashed. Now is stuck at

Test Device Start
              Test Device(100%)...

I tryed reseting it and nothing. The AndroidTool finds LOADER Device, but when I try to flash it stops at Test Device(100%)...

What can I do !?

Comment

Originally posted by mindful View Post
                Hello all, I made a mistake when I tryed flashing a new rom to my EKB328, I checked and selected the loader file too (RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.bin) and flashed. Now is stuck at

Test Device Start
                Test Device(100%)...

I tryed reseting it and nothing. The AndroidTool finds LOADER Device, but when I try to flash it stops at Test Device(100%)...

What can I do !?
                If you have your parameter, loader, etc. files, go to upgrade tab in android tool 2.3 and select erase flash. After that flash just your loader and parameter. Go to advanced tab and press read IDB or test device. If either complete successfully, you can proceed to flash your partitions as you normally would.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  If you have your parameter, loader, etc. files, go to upgrade tab in android tool 2.3 and select erase flash. After that flash just your loader and parameter. Go to advanced tab and press read IDB or test device. If either complete successfully, you can proceed to flash your partitions as you normally would.
                  Hmm .. no luck. I opened AndroidTool 2.3, on the Upgrade tab i hit EraseFlash, and got a message: "Firmware is not loaded!", then I selected the single image firmware using the Firmware button and hit EraseFlash againg. the same thing:

Test Device Start
                  Test Device(100%)...

And it stop here ... I let it run for 15 minutes ... no changes if I remove the power from the box it says Test failed ...

When I put the power back on and hit the power button the AndroidTool automatically finds loader device, this means it boots automatically to bootloader..

Do you know anything else I can try !?

Comment

Originally posted by mindful View Post
                    Hmm .. no luck. I opened AndroidTool 2.3, on the Upgrade tab i hit EraseFlash, and got a message: "Firmware is not loaded!", then I selected the single image firmware using the Firmware button and hit EraseFlash againg. the same thing:

Test Device Start
                    Test Device(100%)...

And it stop here ... I let it run for 15 minutes ... no changes if I remove the power from the box it says Test failed ...

When I put the power back on and hit the power button the AndroidTool automatically finds loader device, this means it boots automatically to bootloader..

Do you know anything else I can try !?
                    Have you tried flashing another loader? i've had this happen to me on RK3288 but I just can't remember what was the exact procedure I used.

you may eventually have to open the case and short into mask ROM mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                      Have you tried flashing another loader? i've had this happen to me on RK3288 but I just can't remember what was the exact procedure I used.

you may eventually have to open the case and short into mask ROM mode.
                      I was hoping that I wouldn't have to open the case, because I can't find any screws I think I have to crack open it ...

Thanks a lot for all the tips you gave me. I will try with a diferent loader if that doesn't work I will open the case ...

Comment

I finally opened the case of EKB328. But I can't make it start in mask rom

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140921_114856.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	434822

I highlighted the 2 holes that i shorted. Do I need to do anything else to boot to mask rom ?

Comment

You just have to short the right pins (or holes) while connected. This is the first case I've seen an RK3288 stuck like this.

I wish I was more help. I got stuck about a month ago and can't remember for the life of me what sequence of steps got me out.

Comment

The holes that i highlighted in the picture are the only holes on the board, I tryed plugin in the power while i was conecting the 2 holes, tryed plugin in the power first the shorten the 2 holes, every way that I do it the AndroidTool finds loader device, no mask rom ... Anything i do it just hangs at Testing Start .. I tryed with the original firmware (one image file), selected the firmware and hit EraseFlash, it just hangs at same point !! I will contact ENY maybe they can point me in the right direction for booting into mask rom.

Thanks for all your tips !

Comment

Anyone has any ideeas how to boot EKB328 in mask rom mode ?

Comment

Working...
                              X