This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it works on the R89!!

I just installed it (dual boots to Android and Linux)

So far I am loving Linux, everything is work except sound even wifi works.

Thanks so much to the FireFly team you guys rock.

This could be my new low powered computer.

Comment

Originally posted by scandog View Post
      Yes it works on the R89!!

I just installed it (dual boots to Android and Linux)

So far I am loving Linux, everything is work except sound even wifi works.

Thanks so much to the FireFly team you guys rock.

This could be my new low powered computer.
      No sound at all?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

http://www.t-firefly.com/en/download/

Here's the link to the download section. Link in original post is dead. New Linux image v0930 posted Nov 11 2014.
        The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

Originally posted by ICU View Post
          Here's the link to the download section. Link in original post is dead. New Linux image v0930 posted Nov 11 2014.
          http://www.t-firefly.com/en/download/
          I downloaded both the dual boot and the Linux versions. I installed the dual boot, but it got suck at the firefly screen. I downloaded the dual boot again, and installed it, same thing, stuck at Firefly screen. Tried to install the linux version, but bricked my R89. I was able to recover by shorting two pins that Oman showed in one of his pictures, he saved me.

Anyway, did you do anything special to get it to work on your device??

thanks
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I never flashed the images yet bro. I will tonight and post my results.

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            I downloaded both the dual boot and the Linux versions. I installed the dual boot, but it got suck at the firefly screen. I downloaded the dual boot again, and installed it, same thing, stuck at Firefly screen. Tried to install the linux version, but bricked my R89. I was able to recover by shorting two pins that Oman showed in one of his pictures, he saved me.

Anyway, did you do anything special to get it to work on your device??

thanks
            The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

Thanks, I really would like to know how it works for you.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Did you read the wiki?

Comment

Did you read the wiki?
                  Haha , what wiki.

Yes, I followed that set of instructions.

It flashed successfully twice, but would hang on the firefly boot screen on my TV.

Comment

Lol I got hung up also. I never tried the original image posted sept have you? So no go on r89 board with Nov 11 img.

Comment

Lol I got hung up also. I never tried the original image posted sept have you? So no go on r89 board with Nov 11 img.
                      No, I only tried the Nov. 11 dual boot image. I killed my box while attempting to install just the Linux version, but installing just the linux version is NOT what killed my box. I am not really sure how I killed it, but now I know how to bring it back to life.....

Comment

I just tried the ubuntu version from Nov. 11, but still hangs at Firefly splash screen.

Comment

@scandog, how come you've successfully installed Linux on R89 while others can't get past the splash screen?
                          Did you use an older image?

Comment

I didn't do anything special just downloaded and flashed.

I am using the Ubox 16Gig version

Comment

Originally posted by fossxplorer View Post
                              @scandog, how come you've successfully installed Linux on R89 while others can't get past the splash screen?
                              Did you use an older image?
                              The image I used was Firefly-RK3288_DualBoot_201409291637.img. Not sure if it's new or older

I believe I used the ROM_Flash_Tool_23.exe that is with the finless ROM 1_2 which I think was newer than the version I found on Freaktab.

I could be wrong because I really wan't paying that close attention.

Comment

The September image booted on my HPH RK3288.
                                It works quite nice.
                                Youtube playback in Chrome, OpenOffice, music playback, wifi etc worked.
                                Didn't get fullscreen videos playing, don't know what video player and settings to use.
                                Also XBMC needs to be compiled for ARM Linux with OpenGL ES support like it was for RK3066 devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X