This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefly .IMG can be used to boot linux on any rk3288

Hello everyone, I am here to tell you guys that firefly has now put up some downloads that you can use with any of the rk3288 tv boxes. You do have some lag with YouTube and also wifi don't work but i have tried it on 4 different devices and it works. so here is the link

you need rk tool 2.22 and later

Now is when everyone here in an outpouring of support for the bravegearted devs Liao and Feng should thank them profusely through emails, donations, purchases and whatever other means possible. Take my word for it that they had to fight a very resistant management to get this product and the accompanying tools to our community.

Not only did they create the thing, they fought hard to keep from Being forced to release it as anything less than it should have been.

Here are their email addresses, but if you want to be authentic Chinese style grab the app QQ international and use the number part to add them to your list of friends and send a thank you IM.

[email protected] (Liao)
    [email protected] (Feng)

Seriously take the ten minutes or five minutes or whatever amount of time it may take these guys worked very hard to get firefly flying.

Comment

Very cool....

I am sticking this thread.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ynt: firefly .IMG can be used to boot linux on any rk3288

What is this firefly thing exactly.??

GT-N7000...

Comment

Firefly

Firefly is an incredibly hot little board that is shaking things up a little by being 100% open. Folks, the reason we haven't seen the ultimate TV box, etc yet is that Open is a relatively new concept here. They have their own way of doing open hardware, but it's not really compatible with ours (and this is why you see sales of SDK's, kernel drivers, etc...)

Firefly is the result of a few people simply sticking to their guns and producing a dev board that can actually be used in any way the user wants (eg... for development). Over the past six months open HW and open SW have really taken off here, and I imagine that there is no stopping it now. The pearl river delta is a hell of a place to be in 2014, let me tell you.

If you're enjoying the tools provided by the Firefly devs, please make sure that you contact them to thank them. They are not yet fully aware how much their product changes the environment for us, or how many derivative uses it enables.

In total, Firefly is just what every single 3288 TV box should have been, but couldn't be: A reprogrammable general purpose computer with a snappy CPU/GPU for under $150 (I cannot confirm the pricing, but if I had to guess....)

Comment

Certainly firefly seems nice, but I personally will wait for Radxa Rock 2.

Comment

Theyre my friends. You should buy from them..... . (In all seriousness though just go with what you think is best..... Either way you'll be supporting some awesome HW devs ☺.)

Comment

Just sent them a thank you email. Its great to be able to say thanks personally!

Been in touch since I first heard about it back in July and hope to visit them next time I'm in Shenzhen.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobGadikian View Post
                  Theyre my friends. You should buy from them..... . (In all seriousness though just go with what you think is best..... Either way you'll be supporting some awesome HW devs ☺.)
                  I am very interested in this board. Dual boot OS is amazing.

They don't have a store front so I am not sure how to buy one. I have sent them an email and hope to hear back from soon. I hope they accept single orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
                    I am very interested in this board. Dual boot OS is amazing.

They don't have a store front so I am not sure how to buy one. I have sent them an email and hope to hear back from soon. I hope they accept single orders.
                    Can some one from firefly dev team give more details as to. where/how it can be purchased for individual use , that would be wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by neojin29 View Post
                      Hello everyone, I am here to tell you guys that firefly has now put up some downloads that you can use with any of the rk3288 tv boxes. You do have some lag with YouTube and also wifi don't work but i have tried it on 4 different devices and it works. so here is the link

you need rk tool 2.22 and later
                      Great thanks for your advice. How about any sound issue and if you want to go back the original TV box firmware, can you just reflash the stock firmware?

Comment

How is the GPU hardware acceleration in Ubuntu compared to the RK3188?

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not yet have a board and cannot yet tell you where to get one. The second I can do that, I will very happily do so.

Comment

I plan on buying one when it ships. Here is a link to wiki with instructions on howto build android or linux.

​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
                            Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

can someone answer this questions?

1. Does it work with Tronsmart r28?

2. Does it work with r89 ?

3. its only linux or dual boot linux/android?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X