Need Rk3288 buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Rk3288 buying advice

Hi all, Let me start by saying this is a great informative site.

I am currently looking into buying one of the RK3288 devices. I have done a litte research on the devices and came up with a list of potential devices that would suit my needs.
    Here are my main needs, 2gb ram (min) 16gb rom (min) wireless ac and gigabit hardline (one will be connected to ac other rj45), also would need out of the box dts/dts-hd passthrough as each device will connect through a denon 2310ci receiver. I am currently using a dune prime 3.0, denon 2310ci, mitsubishi 73" other tv is same setup but samsung 55" 3d tv, using a linux samba nas for streaming local media. The list of devices I came up with are:
    (These are 2gb/16gb rom/802.11 ac units)(I plan on buying 32gb sd cards)

Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta
    Ugoos UT3
    Beelink R89
    HPH RK3288

My question what is the difference between the roms? Are these good choices for the units? Should I spend extra on that 4gb/32gb rom unit? Will these all work with the measy rc11 air mouse? If I have missed one that I should consider could you post in reply? Any advice would be appreciated, especially if you have used any or all of the above devices. Budget is between $100 and $200 per each tv (including air mouse and maybe gamepad) (would love advice on air mice/gamepads too). Do any of these have a specific advantage over the others? Thanks!!

Eqxavster

Tronsmart and Beelink use the same PCB, so you will maybe find more custom roms at the future...
    (also Tronsmart and Beelink support the developer here at freaktab)

Generally:
    - "out of the box dts/dts-hd passthrough" => If you read the existing posts you maybe had recognised that passthrough at HDMI at the moment isn't really "out of the box" because to much AVR's at the moment aren't able to do so (some yes, some not)... I have no idea because of "HD" at the moment...
    - 2/16GB vers. 4/32GB => it depends on what you want to do... 2/16GB isn't a bad idea, but if you want to use e.g. many games with much data (obb) than maybe 32GB could be a better idea (but you can also move big date to SD)... (BTW: Tronsmart and Beelink are planing later also release 4/32GB versions)
    - "difference between the roms?" at the moment not really much difference because they all use the same SDK and are primary working on fixing e.g. the HDMI-passthrough-issue...
    - Air Mouse: You should also have a look at the one at my sig (NOT the BlueTooth version)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I was wondering if you have had any dealings with the Rii Mini i13 RT-MWK13. The ir learning and front of the remote are alluring, especially since I need a new tv remote. I was curious how the mic and speaker are on these devices.

No spam for me,
      Thanks and I think you have helped me make my choice of players. I am looking at the Beelink R89, I may hold off a little to get the 4gb model. I want to play the old emulated gamesfor nes, snes, master system, genesis, turbo graphics, and ps1. I have an extensive collection of roms and iso's on my nas.

Comment

Well i just ordered a HpH 4gb/32gb rom and HpH 2gb/16gb rom. I ordered them from amazon market place, for $182 and $128 , ships from Hong Kong. So i am expecting them around December 15th. I used amazon cause i also ordered a wireless gamepad and air mouse/keyboard and they had free prime shipping on those.

I just hope the seller is quick with his shipments. I really want to get my hands on these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by eqxavster View Post
          I was wondering if you have had any dealings with the Rii Mini i13 RT-MWK13. The ir learning and front of the remote are alluring, especially since I need a new tv remote. I was curious how the mic and speaker are on these devices.

No spam for me,
          Thanks and I think you have helped me make my choice of players. I am looking at the Beelink R89, I may hold off a little to get the 4gb model. I want to play the old emulated gamesfor nes, snes, master system, genesis, turbo graphics, and ps1. I have an extensive collection of roms and iso's on my nas.
          I have that model now (RT-MWK13). I have used it with old box kingnvel k-r42. Few thoughts about it. Airmouse and keyboard work great with custom rom from wasser (stock rom had issues, pressing once button and i was getting things like aaaaaaaaaaaa), speaker is poor quality, and by default android is setting output to remote speaker after restart, so i had to switch in system after rebooting device each time. Next, microphone not working at all, at least on my model. I do not know what is the problem, because i dont need microphone. Next IR learning part is ok. I am using it on Panasonic plasma tv. You have to be in front of tv to work. When you move on the side it will not work (small ir range). Good enough for me. And i would say battery life is poor. If you use it heavily it will last for one day or less. Previous i had Ipazzport learning remote-airmouse, and battery lasted for weeks. Now i had to manually switch it off each time when it is not in use to save battery.

Comment

Originally posted by gsavicic View Post
            I have that model now (RT-MWK13). I have used it with old box kingnvel k-r42. Few thoughts about it. Airmouse and keyboard work great with custom rom from wasser (stock rom had issues, pressing once button and i was getting things like aaaaaaaaaaaa), speaker is poor quality, and by default android is setting output to remote speaker after restart, so i had to switch in system after rebooting device each time. Next, microphone not working at all, at least on my model. I do not know what is the problem, because i dont need microphone. Next IR learning part is ok. I am using it on Panasonic plasma tv. You have to be in front of tv to work. When you move on the side it will not work (small ir range). Good enough for me. And i would say battery life is poor. If you use it heavily it will last for one day or less. Previous i had Ipazzport learning remote-airmouse, and battery lasted for weeks. Now i had to manually switch it off each time when it is not in use to save battery.

Well I got in the RII i13 remote/air mouse/keyboard. Range is good on pc for mouse and keyboard, I'm about 18feet away. Ir i tested out on tv at 25ft away and worked well. Just wish there were more keys for ir remote. Overall i'm happy with remote. Boxes should be here in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X