Tv Box Launchers - RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Box Launchers - RK3288

Here's my favorite tv box launcher so far, made for true tv/living room environment.

It's called SunUi and is currently shipping with some RK3288 boxes.

I had to force the nav bar (just to take the screenshots) but the nav bar is not intended to be run with this UI/launcher.
    Last edited by Shomari; 09-22-2014, 01:14.

Thanks.

I'll take a look.

I rather like some of these windows 8 style launchers.

Edit: Just tried to download but receiving a No data received error from the site.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Please fix your link, seems like its not working. Have you any screenshots you can share?
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
        Please fix your link, seems like its not working. Have you any screenshots you can share?

Yeah, ge.tt is down. Sorry, no screenshots. The launcher is a true tv-type launcher, so there's no screenshot button available to grab a screen. One would have to use one of those timed screenshot apps to grab a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Thanks.

I'll take a look.

I rather like some of these windows 8 style launchers.

Edit: Just tried to download but receiving a No data received error from the site.
          Reuploaded to mega:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Give it a shot, it's actually pretty nice.

Comment

Code:
            adb shell screencap -p /storage/sdcard0/screen.png
            adb pull /storage/sdcard0/screen.png
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Tried it on my R28 but as it starts up it crashes with the stopped working error.

Comment

Tried it on my R28 but as it starts up it crashes with the stopped working error.
                Yeah, for some reason they enforce a certain screen density or else it crashes.

If you'd still like to test this run the following in terminal and then run the launcher:

wm density 160

To change your density back to what it was run

wm density reset

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  Yeah, for some reason they enforce a certain screen density or else it crashes.

If you'd still like to test this run the following in terminal and then run the launcher:

wm density 160

To change your density back to what it was run

wm density reset
                  Thanks for the advice.

I will give that a try.

Comment

It does not work on rk3188(neo x7), even after changing the density. However on my tablet works with density 160. Itseems to be a very nice launcher. Does anyone know how to fix it to run on all rockchip device and independed of the DPI value?

Comment

Originally posted by meddem View Post
                      It does not work on rk3188(neo x7), even after changing the density. However on my tablet works with density 160. Itseems to be a very nice launcher. Does anyone know how to fix it to run on all rockchip device and independed of the DPI value?
                      It's nice. I can get it to run fine on my QPRO but haven't yet delved into porting it to all devices.

Best tv launcher I've seen, hands down - but it's not like there's many. I'm considering digging into it for the purpose of packaging it with custom ROMs, but among the many problems is the unknown source.

It was buried in a test ROM and seems to do checks for certain devices.

Comment

i would like to see this launcher on my device one day. i used it a little on the tablet, i believe for a tvbox it is the best launcher

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                          It's nice. I can get it to run fine on my QPRO but haven't yet delved into porting it to all devices.

Best tv launcher I've seen, hands down - but it's not like there's many. I'm considering digging into it for the purpose of packaging it with custom ROMs, but among the many problems is the unknown source.

It was buried in a test ROM and seems to do checks for certain devices.

The launcher is from SunChip CX-998. It also has another additional app (LauncherSetting) for the use of settings menu.

Comment

Originally posted by mindful View Post
                            The launcher is from SunChip CX-998. It also has another additional app (LauncherSetting) for the use of settings menu.
                            This is another weird one. I can run it on two boxes without any changes, but everything else crashes and LauncherSetting wasn't any help. Eventually, I want to look into porting this. It might be worth it.

Comment

...screens added to OP.

Comment

Working...
                              X