This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
    Just to make sure I'm doing it right. I hit enter after? I mouse click on = after? or do I just type !^06^ and nothing after?
    After you type it in the device will ask you do you want to continue and you must select yes,then the device will re-boot and you will have a super user app on the device. If you are having problems just download finless rk3288 ez zip on sd card and download the zip to your device. Just remember after you use the zip file on the sd card the zip file will not work again. You must formats the card and put the zip file on the card again.

Comment

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
      After you type it in the device will ask you do you want to continue and you must select yes,then the device will re-boot and you will have a super user app on the device. If you are having problems just download finless rk3288 ez zip on sd card and download the zip to your device. Just remember after you use the zip file on the sd card the zip file will not work again. You must formats the card and put the zip file on the card again.
      I used the EZ Root Tool since !^06^ didn't work with my UT3.

Comment

Ever since I used this root tool I achieved root, but can no longer download apps from Google Play. I have plenty of space so I know its not a full storage issue. I've tried via the UT3 directly and via my PC on the Google Play website to install apps to the UT3. The blue download bar shows up, but the apps never install. I can uninstall apps via Google Play tho. Can someone please help?

Comment

I suppose that you are using wired connection. Google Play for big app (50MB+) require WiFi connection to save mobile data but doesn't recognise Ethernet as better solution. Switch to wireless and disable Ethernet for a moment. This behavior can be changed in settings but sometimes window with such question doesn't show up.
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
          bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

It finally worked after I cleared play store cache and data.

Comment

Hello guys
              What am i doing wrong?
              I put the update zip file inside my out of the box brand new 32gb microsd card and put the card inside the Ugoos, but there is no message from system saying that a update is available and asking if i want to install it. Nothing pops up. Should i open the update myself, and with what app?
              Best regards
              Last edited by fernslb; 11-29-2014, 21:07.

Comment

I don't know if the Ugoos will recognise these update.zip as an update to automatically do...
                Best case boot to recovery and do it manually (you can also use this apk to boot to recovery http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1050-Reboot-App but as I read you managed to get 2.0.4 at your device which supports 'boot to recover'...)
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

[QUOTE=but as I read you managed to get 2.0.4 at your device which supports 'boot to recover'...)[/QUOTE]

Hello no_spam_for_me, once again you`re a life saver.
                  Where can i find that option?

Comment

I`ve downloaded and installed that app to reboot you mentioned, but when i try to reboot it says i don`t have root access, so unfortunately no dice.
                    Don`t know what to do.
                    I can`t even try that calculator method because i don`t have an air mouse and it doesn`t work with the "normal remote".
                    Last edited by fernslb; 11-29-2014, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by fernslb View Post
                      Hello guys
                      What am i doing wrong?
                      I put the update zip file inside my out of the box brand new 32gb microsd card and put the card inside the Ugoos, but there is no message from system saying that a update is available and asking if i want to install it. Nothing pops up. Should i open the update myself, and with what app?
                      Best regards
                      Put the update.zip file into the root of the internal SD card.

Worked perfectly for me.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                        Put the update.zip file into the root of the internal SD card.
                        When you say internal SD card you mean Ugoos internal storage or my 32Gb mycrosd card?

Comment

I`ve downloaded and installed that app to reboot you mentioned, but when i try to reboot it says i don`t have root access, so unfortunately no dice.
                          Don`t know what to do.
                          I can`t even try that calculator method because i don`t have an air mouse and it doesn`t work with the "normal remote".

hehehe, sorry, my mistake, I did it the second time today, of cause this app only works AFTER you root the device...

But if I have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ial-firmwaries I see at 'Power menu' the [Reboot recovery] but I have no idea how to call/execute this menu where you can select the [Reboot recovery] (maybe via the power-off-symbol at the left side of the bar at the bottom?)...

At the same link they talk at 'Instructions' about
                          4. Find recovery button on device, press and hold it.
                          if you do so and the device is NOT connected via OTG to the PC or a HUB or so on, if you power on the system, it should boot to recovery...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I thank you for all your help, no_spam_for_me, but, with this remote, i also can`t reach that power button, so i ordered a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/mouse which will arrive maybe tuesday to definitely solve that situation.
                            BTW anyone uses the K400 with your android tv boxes? Is it a good option?
                            Last edited by fernslb; 11-30-2014, 08:35.

Comment

When you say internal SD card you mean Ugoos internal storage or my 32Gb mycrosd card?
                              The Ugoos internal one.

I tend to think of cards that we insert as external cards.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                                The Ugoos internal one.

I tend to think of cards that we insert as external cards.
                                Thanks for the input bluesmanuk, but i already did that and it still doesn`t work.
                                But please let me ask you some questions:
                                When you put the update in the root, you turned off the device and then restarted it or the update installed immediately?
                                What kind of message appeared before the update installation, and it was an automatic action or did you have to do something to install?
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X