This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fernslb View Post
    Thanks for the input bluesmanuk, but i already did that and it still doesn`t work.
    But please let me ask you some questions:
    When you put the update in the root, you turned off the device and then restarted it or the update installed immediately?
    What kind of message appeared before the update installation, and it was an automatic action or did you have to do something to install?
    Thank you
    I am suprised that it has not worked.

Just to clarify, you have extracted the update.zip from Bobs download first and placed that at the root of the sdcard?

For me a popup appeared in just a few seconds at which point I allowed the prompted reboot, where the rest was done automatically.

When the device restarts you are then prompted to allow the removal of the update.zip now that it's work is done.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      I am suprised that it has not worked.

Just to clarify, you have extracted the update.zip from Bobs download first and placed that at the root of the sdcard?

For me a popup appeared in just a few seconds at which point I allowed the prompted reboot, where the rest was done automatically.

When the device restarts you are then prompted to allow the removal of the update.zip now that it's work is done.
      Good morning bluesmanuk
      Well, if it worked for you, it also has to work for me, I must be doing something wrong.
      How did you place the update.zip in the root of the internal storage? What method did you use?
      I copied it to the root of a blank microsd card and insert it into the Ugoos, but, as it didn`t worked, i used the Ugoos explorer to copy that file from the microsd to the root of the device.
      When that popup appeared for you, you were in the "tv screen" (the one were are all the shortcuts for xbmc, music, market, etc), right?

Comment

As I wrote, I don't know if they implemented it at there rom...
        What I don't understand, why you don't use the "RECOVER" micro-switch at the hole between "AV" and "TF" at the Ugoos UT3 to boot into the recovery?
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Well my friends, problem solved.
          Today i phisically unplugged the power cord from the Uggos and i`ve powered it back again. Yes it was that simple!!!
          When it restarted, almost immediately appeared the popup to notify me that there was a system update and if i wanted to install it. I clicked yes, it rebooted and voilá - root is back in effect.
          So i owe a big thank you to bluesmanuk, no_spam_for_me, Ava and other forum friends who helped me with all your knowledge and experience.
          Best regards to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by fernslb View Post
            Well my friends, problem solved.
            Today i phisically unplugged the power cord from the Uggos and i`ve powered it back again. Yes it was that simple!!!
            When it restarted, almost immediately appeared the popup to notify me that there was a system update and if i wanted to install it. I clicked yes, it rebooted and voilá - root is back in effect.
            So i owe a big thank you to bluesmanuk, no_spam_for_me, Ava and other forum friends who helped me with all your knowledge and experience.
            Best regards to you all.
            Glad that you have it resolved and you have now added some additional knowledge that will help others too

Comment

My EKB328 has SuperSU app, but accordingly to manufacturer my firmware is not rooted. Is there an effective way to check if device is rooted or not? Obviously superuser popup appears when necessary since app is there, but I am not sure it's really effective.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oldhouse View Post
                My EKB328 has SuperSU app, but accordingly to manufacturer my firmware is not rooted. Is there an effective way to check if device is rooted or not? Obviously superuser popup appears when necessary since app is there, but I am not sure it's really effective.
                Thanks
                I've always used this to check

Comment

Hisense VIDAA 8" tablet

thank you so much for this!! I was able to root my VIDAA tablet using your package, quick and painlessly!

Comment

EZ Root worked perfectly with my SmartBox Q8. Thanks Finless for (yet another) great and simple tool
                    Tablets: Chuwi vi10, Onda V972, Ainol Venus 7, Pipo M9 MiniPCs: Pipo W9S, Tronsmart Ara X5, Pipo X8, Pipo X7s, Ainol MiniPC TV Box : Xiaomi MiBox Mini, SmartBox Q8, UG802, GM282

Comment

Rooted my rikomagic mk902ll worked ok.

Thanks

Comment

I tried this on a rk3188 mk809iv android mini pc running android 4.4.2 (kitkat) and it is stuck in reboot mode. I had read that since i was running 4.4.2 the other methods no longer worked and to try this one.

What do i do now? either to bring it back to normal or have it rooted?

I am on mac

Thank you

Edit: maybe it was 4.2.2 on the stick. USB debugging was not checked when I ran the update. It is now in a loop at the smartbox screen, then the android robot with the chest opened, then smartbox screen, etc...

Am I screwed or is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Openhour Chameleon 3288 EZ Root Tool working OK

Got this tip from http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/12/...meleon-review/

Followed the steps on openhour chameleon. Android 4.4.2. RK3288.
                          Got the popup and device rooted.

Many thanks.
                          Swamy

Comment

How to sign?

Hi,
                            thanks, works fine. Used it on openhour chameleon.
                            Sorry for lame question, but how do I sign a package like this, so it works on many devices?
                            I tried to build my own update.zip with some more software and signed with aosp testkeys, that did not work.
                            It is not a valid udpate package.
                            Can you help me on this?

thanks
                            zoid

Comment

Is this just a well kept secret to seperate noobs from pros or is it a stolen key or something like that issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
                                How to root RK3288 Lollipop firmware?
                                No app seems to be able to root it.
                                I would try installing twrp recovery then flash the latest supersu.

Comment

Working...
                                X