X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by wihu View Post
    I cant download the file? is not working anymore? I have a LCD touch screen, but kind of stuck.
    Hi ,

first it is a old Thread , second you can not use it for a RK3288 Touchscreen Device , only TVBoxes , different , for sure ,

RK3288 is OLD , 6 years or so ,

further good luck / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• wihu
    replied
    I cant download the file? is not working anymore? I have a LCD touch screen, but kind of stuck.

Leave a comment:

• guidosl
    replied
    update.zip Not work for R10 R-TV box 4gb+32gb
    see the supersu apk put didn't get root

Any idea?

Leave a comment:

• Hotbird
    replied
    This file also works with the Hisense Sero 8 Pro! Thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• gffmac
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123
    How to root RK3288 Lollipop firmware?
    No app seems to be able to root it.
    I would try installing twrp recovery then flash the latest supersu.

Leave a comment:

• zoid
    replied
    Is this just a well kept secret to seperate noobs from pros or is it a stolen key or something like that issue?

Leave a comment:

• zoid
    replied
    How to sign?

Hi,
    thanks, works fine. Used it on openhour chameleon.
    Sorry for lame question, but how do I sign a package like this, so it works on many devices?
    I tried to build my own update.zip with some more software and signed with aosp testkeys, that did not work.
    It is not a valid udpate package.
    Can you help me on this?

thanks
    zoid

Leave a comment:

• swamy
    replied
    Openhour Chameleon 3288 EZ Root Tool working OK

Got this tip from http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/12/...meleon-review/

Followed the steps on openhour chameleon. Android 4.4.2. RK3288.
    Got the popup and device rooted.

Many thanks.
    Swamy

Leave a comment:

• fullpampers
    replied
    I tried this on a rk3188 mk809iv android mini pc running android 4.4.2 (kitkat) and it is stuck in reboot mode. I had read that since i was running 4.4.2 the other methods no longer worked and to try this one.

What do i do now? either to bring it back to normal or have it rooted?

I am on mac

Thank you

Edit: maybe it was 4.2.2 on the stick. USB debugging was not checked when I ran the update. It is now in a loop at the smartbox screen, then the android robot with the chest opened, then smartbox screen, etc...

Am I screwed or is there a way to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• zephyr4
    replied
    Rooted my rikomagic mk902ll worked ok.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• pa5t1s
    replied
    EZ Root worked perfectly with my SmartBox Q8. Thanks Finless for (yet another) great and simple tool

Leave a comment:

• LuckyMe
    replied
    Hisense VIDAA 8" tablet

thank you so much for this!! I was able to root my VIDAA tablet using your package, quick and painlessly!

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by oldhouse View Post
    My EKB328 has SuperSU app, but accordingly to manufacturer my firmware is not rooted. Is there an effective way to check if device is rooted or not? Obviously superuser popup appears when necessary since app is there, but I am not sure it's really effective.
    Thanks
    I've always used this to check

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ootcheck&hl=en

Leave a comment:

• oldhouse
    replied
    My EKB328 has SuperSU app, but accordingly to manufacturer my firmware is not rooted. Is there an effective way to check if device is rooted or not? Obviously superuser popup appears when necessary since app is there, but I am not sure it's really effective.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fernslb View Post
    Well my friends, problem solved.
    Today i phisically unplugged the power cord from the Uggos and i`ve powered it back again. Yes it was that simple!!!
    When it restarted, almost immediately appeared the popup to notify me that there was a system update and if i wanted to install it. I clicked yes, it rebooted and voilá - root is back in effect.
    So i owe a big thank you to bluesmanuk, no_spam_for_me, Ava and other forum friends who helped me with all your knowledge and experience.
    Best regards to you all.
    Glad that you have it resolved and you have now added some additional knowledge that will help others too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X