This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I am also sure that you run into people that have problems, you give them advice to fix there problem, and they disappear and never give you feed back. That must be very frustrating for you, it is for me. I read these threads mulitple times a day, and follow the converstions of people with problems. I get left hanging not knowing the solution to the problems. I have learned SOOOOOOOOo much reading these fourms.....
    Well said Clarkss,Reading is the key
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

NO news are GOOD news
      (but of cause sometimes it is nice to get a feedback)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        NO news are GOOD news
        (but of cause sometimes it is nice to get a feedback)

Seems the ones that did post to explain why they have not been on here, state that life events got in the way. Knowing what they had going on in their lives, did they honestly think they would have the time to put in the effort participation requires or did they just sign up for a free box? Why didn't they send the unit back explaining they are unable to participate if something unexpected came up?

Comment

I think you reflected not to my generally statemant but to the words about beta testers from oman and Finless...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You know.... there are a lot of things "behind the scenes". As example, no body in Netxeon (Beelink) knew anything about freaktab forum until I was there and wrote in their blackboard in capital letters FINLESS name, SDK and tools release (released for the A9 after that), collaboration with community and some other things (requested here). Look now if something was changed, Beelink is a good example. For those who think Rockchip changed, I must say, no, Rockchip did not change, just Netxeon changed because followed the community and they try to work more with and for the users (or, with the users in mind, as some people said).

And another design houses will also come here soon to share, learn, teach, collaborate, give samples or another things because I also explained what is Freaktab and probably will also change their way to work and produce products.

I know others prefer close the mouth and do not say anything to the design houses and later just publish here the latest firmwares, tools, SDKs or anything made by these companies. Of course, also getting medals.
            Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
              You know.... there are a lot of things "behind the scenes". As example, no body in Netxeon (Beelink) knew anything about freaktab forum until I was there and wrote in their blackboard in capital letters FINLESS name, SDK and tools release (released for the A9 after that), collaboration with community and some other things (requested here). Look now if something was changed, Beelink is a good example. For those who think Rockchip changed, I must say, no, Rockchip did not change, just Netxeon changed because followed the community and they try to work more with and for the users (or, with the users in mind, as some people said).

And another design houses will also come here soon to share, learn, teach, collaborate, give samples or another things because I also explained what is Freaktab and probably will also change their way to work and produce products.

I know others prefer close the mouth and do not say anything to the design houses and later just publish here the latest firmwares, tools, SDKs or anything made by these companies. Of course, also getting medals.
              Seems not a moment to soon with the Android set top box market about to change with Google's new "Android TV" boxes coming to the market. The end user out of the box experience really needs to change. Perhaps selling test boxes then waiting for final hardware and stable firmware for retail boxes will become the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Haba View Post
                Seems not a moment to soon with the Android set top box market about to change with Google's new "Android TV" boxes coming to the market. The end user out of the box experience really needs to change. Perhaps selling test boxes then waiting for final hardware and stable firmware for retail boxes will become the way forward.
                I said more than one time to some design houses here in China: "You need to set-up a good SOFTWARE TEAM and do something more than compile an Android OS there"

Not just the "Android TV" will be a problem for them, also everybody will have a "Smart TV" at home soon, so this market will drop more and more if they are just focused in hardware.

I think the brands who think about this will be the survivors, but most of them depends 99.9% on the software made by the design houses.

Comment

I have done a little bit redesign and also add some links (specially at HPH and sub-forum and so on)
                  (don't ask me about blank line before (and sometimes also after) bulleted list or not... (really waste my time) )

------------------------------------------------------

@ Javimetal
                  I also add your shop-links for
                  Beelink R89
                  asiapads.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf asiapads.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

ZERO Devices Z6C "Beast"
                  asiapads.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf asiapads.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

OTT S928 camera

OTT CS918II 8GB

OTT CS918II 16GB

Cloudnetgo CR13S

BTW:
                  - If I search at your shop for rk3288 I don't get the "Coming soon" ...
                  - could you confirm, that the 'Cloudnetgo CR13(S)' use the same pcba as the 'Sunchip CX-998S' (CX-998-V1.1 2014-03-31) and do you maybe have pictures of the released pcba version (I don't think they release this old version)? THX
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    I have done a little bit redesign and also add some links (specially at HPH and sub-forum and so on)
                    (don't ask me about blank line before (and sometimes also after) bulleted list or not... (really waste my time) )

------------------------------------------------------

@ Javimetal
                    I also add your shop-links for
                    Beelink R89

ZERO Devices Z6C "Beast"

OTT S928 camera

OTT CS918II 8GB

OTT CS918II 16GB

Cloudnetgo CR13S

BTW:
                    - If I search at your shop for rk3288 I don't get the "Coming soon" ...
                    - could you confirm, that the 'Cloudnetgo CR13(S)' use the same pcba as the 'Sunchip CX-998S' (CX-998-V1.1 2014-03-31) and do you maybe have pictures of the released pcba version (I don't think they release this old version)? THX

You are right, there is an update pending, talking about "Coming soon", "Out of stock" and so on.

The Cloudnetgo CR13 I did not open that box, but it is not CX-998S.

Comment

no_spam_for_me, I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work putting this together. I could never imagine me doing something like this, I know it must have taken you many, many hours to do all this compiling of data. It is very useful for anyone thinking about purchasing one of these boxes.

thanks, again
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        no_spam_for_me, I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work putting this together. I could never imagine me doing something like this, I know it must have taken you many, many hours to do all this compiling of data. It is very useful for anyone thinking about purchasing one of these boxes.

thanks, again
                        Agree, a really hard work

Comment

Pictures deleted. Better Pictures already posted.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

the Open Hour Chameleon Box is now available
                            My Box: Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta (Wasser2.0.9a)

Comment

Antutu benchmark scores?

Any location with all the Antutu benchmark scores, or if owners could post theirs so we could compare?

I like the PCB's that come with heatsink on them for heat deception.

I own a RK3188. For the most part it works great, but you run a game on it and it overheats fast and reboots.

Thank you.

Comment

Forget the AnTuTu scores... with the right kernel patch/fake you can get > 50.000 without any problem if you want, but the kernel/device isn't faster as without the fake at the kernel...
                                So if you get 1 or 2K more or less isn't really important...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X