• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuHaudegenDu View Post
    Chipset: RK3288
    PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Seller/Shop: ShenZhen HiDeer Technology Co.,Ltd
    Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328

What other firmware than this here, is supported?
    This runs definetily not :-( No Boot, LED stays red.

The Software-Info:

The two different FW's. First MyPCB, secend original ENY XT-Q8-V?? PCB:

I hope we can find out, what is the different between this pcb and the original ENY XT-Q8-V02.

Greetings by DuHaudegenDu
    What is the boottime in seconds?
    Time to install XBMC?
    File copying speed of file over wifi, ethernet?
    Would be interesting to compare with the previous ENY board and mine.

Seems Eny is making new boards without informing people and still posting links to old boards' firmware. Most people will brick their devices by incorrectly flashing the wrong firmware, just like ENY did with their RK3188 devices. Releasing 5 different boards with the same casing and name and the wrong firmware all over the place and zero support.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      What is the boottime in seconds?
      38 Seconds until I can see the Launcher / Cold-Start
      Time to install XBMC?
      Gotham is pre-Installed, runs well. I install Kodi nightly and it runs also good!
      File copying speed of file over wifi, ethernet?
      Sorry later... Wich app should I use. ES File Explorer. Where should he load it from, my nas?
      Would be interesting to compare with the previous ENY board and mine.

Seems Eny is making new boards without informing people and still posting links to old boards' firmware. Most people will brick their devices by incorrectly flashing the wrong firmware, just like ENY did with their RK3188 devices. Releasing 5 different boards with the same casing and name and the wrong firmware all over the place and zero support.
      I think so to. At my aliexpress link you can read oem.

I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
      Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330

More Info and photos of pcb here.
      Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
      But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

Not only this... they also doesn't support the square M8 (s802) correctly (old fw build with old sdk and may video problems and so on...) so every owner of the square M8 is happy that codesnake port openELEC for this device...

I don't like them.

EDIT
        last but not least: what will happen at the Neken Q8 / VSMART Q8 / VSPEED VS-Q8 / ****** Q8 devices????
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

Not only this... they also doesn't support the square M8 (s802) correctly (old fw build with old sdk and may video problems and so on...) so every owner of the square M8 is happy that codesnake port openELEC for this device...

I don't like them.

EDIT
          last but not least: what will happen at the Neken Q8 / VSMART Q8 / VSPEED VS-Q8 / ****** Q8 devices????
          For my old RK3188 box, they released no KitKat firmware, had to build it myself, took several months to get everything working.
          Sad thing is, lots of companies resell their devices even geekbuying like Q7, M8 and Q8 now.
          People will buy the cheapest device but afterwards have no support and firmware problems.
          Firmware porting from another device isn't as easy as people think and if low quality hardware(slow EMMC, RAM, Wifi & only 2A power adapter, will cause reboots,freezes) is used(it is), it will affect the user experience badly and no firmware can fix bad hardware.
          Strange, don't see any ENY or XT(maybe Shenzhen Xinzhonghong Technology, maybe someone can contact then i.r.t the Q8 device?) company in the list below.

People should only support Rockchip partner companies or companies that use their boards and provide support to the end user.
          So far I've seen the companies that provide Nagrace, Beelink and the HTC boxes with boards.
          Here are the partner companies:
          瑞芯微专注于移动互联网、数字多媒体芯片设计,是专业的个人移动信息终端SOC解决方案供应商。瑞芯微在移动互联网领域有多个较完整的自主创新的知识产权群,为中国电子业发展做出积极努力。目前产品涵盖Android平板电脑、Android电视机顶盒(智能电视)、电子书、WIFI/蓝牙音频解决方案等

Comment

People should only support Rockchip partner companies or companies that use their boards and provide support to the end user.
            So far I've seen the companies that provide Nagrace, Beelink and the HTC boxes with boards.
            Here are the partner companies:
            http://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/About...dex-136-1.html
            Rockchip partner companies:
            Netxeon -> Tronsmart, Beelink, UBOX
            T-Cip -> Nagrace HPH, T-Firefly
            But not Hotac (HTC), I cant identify them at the list

Companies provide support to the end user:
            But Hotac (HTC) ??? a little bit, but not like the other both...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q8-RK...th-331613.html — this one.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2302.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	435341

Comment

Rockchip partner companies:
                But not Hotac (HTC), I cant identify them at the list

Companies provide support to the end user:
                But Hotac (HTC) ??? a little bit, but not like the other both...

I see a Hotack in the second page...

Do not believe these lists too much. Sometimes get support from a SOC manufacturer depends on how much you pay, and even after that, maybe no body remember go to add a new banner there.
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by ChALkeR View Post
                  http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q8-RK...th-331613.html — this one.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]8861[/ATTACH]
                  Wow, that nice to see.
                  The same pcb as my ENY OEM Device.
                  Perhaps I can flash your rom or you can flash the rom of my device!

The only different think seems to be a IR sender. I am not :-( (But perhaps simple upgradable! )

Please make a screenshot of your android launcher and a screenshot from android-software inforamtion.

I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
                  Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330

More Info and photos of pcb here.
                  Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
                  But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                    ... second page...
                    sorry, didn't saw it...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

DuHaudegenDu, I started a separate topic here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?19647

Comment

Hello!
                        I have been reading this forum for quite some time and now i got one tv box

CloudnetGo CR13s, its a HTC TV033-v1 board
                        rk3288, wifi ap6330, so i can flash roms with ap6330 without problems, am i right?

The tv box is nice but have some buggs, MP4 files playback is not smooth with mx player or xbmc kodi, wifi tested with speedmeter reach only 9mb for download, and the most irritating thing, when you download anything it turns unusable, laggy and even if you are listening to music while open any browser the sound is choppy and the navigation is slow with some hangs, once the page is loaded it works better...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i9p5z49kj...50565.jpg?dl=0
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mjlh0aw09...50566.jpg?dl=0

Comment

ooops

Click image for larger version

Name:	20122014-_1250566.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	435666Click image for larger version

Name:	20122014-_1250565.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	435667

Comment

Originally posted by Sebas.R View Post
                            CloudnetGo CR13s, its a HTC TV033-v1 board
                            rk3288, wifi ap6330, so i can flash roms with ap6330 without problems, am i right?
                            Hmmm, first time I see this 'HTC TV033-V1', but I think so, because, if I'm not wrong, all HTC boards (by hotack) use the ap6330...
                            But all custom roms here use the AP6335 (beelink and hph)...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

bluetimes qpro box

Hmmm, first time I see this 'HTC TV033-V1', but I think so, because, if I'm not wrong, all HTC boards (by hotack) use the ap6330...
                              But all custom roms here use the AP6335 (beelink and hph)...
                              I had the same problem....the bluetimes qpro box uses the same firmware (cloudnetgo)...device stutters sometimes......so I d/l the latest cloudnetgo rom, pulled ot the boot, kernel, resourse and misc.img and used mo123's rom 1.2....it doesn't stutter as much....gonna try mo123's new 1.3 rom with original bluetimes factory rom.....Teccy

Comment

thanks this is very helpful

thanks this is very helpful by the way dose this mean you can install same firmware on all the boxes under each heading. like i know i can install ugoos ut3 ,hph,rbox, firmware on my beelink r89.

Comment

Working...
                                X