Somebody managed to get 2160p60 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody managed to get 2160p60 ?

Everything is in the title, did somebody achieved to get a RK3288 box running at 2160p60 ?
    If yes, which one ? with which firmware/kernels ...

Thx !

Still nobody ?

Comment

I've checked up open hour forum, they mentioned on certain uhd tv can output 4k @60hz, still needs to be verified by customers.
      Cheers, waiting for the answers.

Comment

Only info I can find is from open hour forum. They mentioned on certain tv can do 4( @60hz. Still not verified by customers.
        Cheers

Comment

Noboy can verify that at this moment. You may check open hour, there are some information.

Comment

I just got a Tronsmart box from Geekbuying, and it comes with rom version 110.

I have an LG UB950 UHD TV, and 2160p 60hz and 50hz shows up on the display definition list.
            When I select 60hz, the TV detect the input as such (2160p 60hz).

I tried with big buck bunny (bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4) and the video plays but with huge slowdown. Maybe the bitrate is too high.

I have read somewhere that the tronsmart firmware is not uptodate regarding video performance, maybe I should update to another ROM before doing other tests.

Comment

2160p mode HDMI output

Did you try playback in 1080p HDMI output mode? Is it much different?

Besides as far as I know if you only change HDMI output mode in Android the real screen resolution still stay the same. Picture is only scaled by software. To see real 2160p resolution you should execute this command: "wm size 3840x2160".
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

I will do more tests. The picture definition really looked like 2160p and I can compare with the integrated player of the TV.

But the integrated scaling is powerful, so that would be the only thing than could have given the wrong impression.

Comment

I must say I am quite confused. The subjective quality in full hd hdmi output mode is very good. Note that my TV is doing its own upscaling there too.

I tried to take picture of the screen to see difference between the two modes, but there is nothing clear : the samsung uhd demo file i am using has not enough definition to make it clear.

I tried to use the video including the checkerboard pattern, but neither the tv nor the box do want to play it. Do you have other links to this kind of video other than 4k_video_test_pattern_red_border.mkv ?

The command wm size has an effect, but not the expected one : The content of the screen seems to be magnified, and I can not see something like 50% of it, including what i am typing in the terminal emulator.

Comment

Using UltraHD_Testbilder_Video.zip, the mp4 file includes vertical black and white lines of 1 pixel width in the bottom right corner.

This block appears grey with SPMC, and the lines are visible using the integrated video player.

The integrated video player seems able to use the full output resolution.

But now I am not sure in which conditions the RK3288 handle 60fps uhd. If anybody has a file conforming to Rockchip spec, I am eager to try.

Comment

Yes, I forgot that RKVideo Player is able to change resolution on its own. Other players will render in 1080p and then upscaled by system to 2160p. Also there shouldn't be difference beetwen 2160p30 and 2160p60 in this regard.

I forgot that after changing resolution so much you probably will need to change screen density. Sorry my bad . There is wm sub commad "density" and this should help: "wm density 90". Additionally there might be a problem with overscan. But for 4k playback now it is better to stay with buildin player.
                      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by erwan574 View Post
                        I must say I am quite confused. The subjective quality in full hd hdmi output mode is very good. Note that my TV is doing its own upscaling there too.

I tried to take picture of the screen to see difference between the two modes, but there is nothing clear : the samsung uhd demo file i am using has not enough definition to make it clear.

I tried to use the video including the checkerboard pattern, but neither the tv nor the box do want to play it. Do you have other links to this kind of video other than 4k_video_test_pattern_red_border.mkv ?

The command wm size has an effect, but not the expected one : The content of the screen seems to be magnified, and I can not see something like 50% of it, including what i am typing in the terminal emulator.
                        If you are handy with ffmpeg you can create your own video using this image:
                        Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

What happens when you set the test image as your background. Do you see the invidual pixels in checkerboard pattern, or do you see mush, in otherwords just grey.

Comment

My TV can only go as high as 2160p30 but I've been able to play most 4K videos without issues on latest SPMC on my beelink r89.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X