Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice for new Devices!

Hi guys,
    want to buy 2 new -Android TV Box- devices. Would appreciate some opinions and info because I can not decide so pretty even though I already seeking a while and every time there now is awaiting always new devices on the market came. But now I have no desire ever to maintain and google always behind

I want to use it not for Gaming. In the foreground is the Mainly I use XBMC whit 3D, 1080p, DTS, DTS_HD ("3D MVC"if this should go now), plugin externals Harddrive for Movie an Music Collection. I will not use a HTPC or other device. I want use a Android BOX.
    Do not need a Webcam, or UHD 4K.
    The price should be € 70-100 quiet for a device.
    I´ve testet the MINIX NEO X8-h I just was not happy where they appeared (was all original / Firmare). I would also have one or other custom rom use from here for the new devices if available. My old device is a MK808B and so far I used a tablet.

My questions were for example,

what would you recommend from the offers for example. at geekbuying
    http://www.geekbuying.com/category/Android-TV-Boxes-1547/1-40-3-1-0-0-grid.html

2. a Amlogic device or Allwinner or RK device?
    as it classifies these 3? RK on first or what?

3. a device whit the Mali 400/450MP or the Mali T760 GPU Chip?
    (there are new devices whit Quad Core 2Ghz but Mali 450?
    Mali T760 but it is still the newest and faster GPU chip?)

know one when or if ever the Tronsmart Orion R28 tesla is to come?
    That would be my choice where I would choose to buy two. Either two identical or two different devices of which.

-CS928 , or Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta , or B368 RK3288 (its a white Box so 100% match to my room)

Would be really great if you would leave your purchase times and proposals with arguments why this particular device.You can send me here suggestions of sharing ****.de, ****.co.uk or another page. Preferably sale in Europe.

Thank you and best regards
    Last edited by stevham; 10-29-2014, 23:14. Reason: added something

It's really difficult to answer:

1. I have no experience with allwinner (but if you also need / want to try custom roms, I don't see so much custom rom there (maybe one))...

2. you can't use rk3188 (mali 400) devices because there are to many crappy/bad devices at the market (only the older ones are good devices)...

3. I can't understand what your problems are at the X8-h, but if you only tested it with the stock rom and none of the betas I don't wondering about...
    There are also exists some other S802 (mali 450) devices like the s89 (round one) ore the MXIII (2GB)...

4. the rk3288 (mali 764) at the moment have a lot of problems with path-through to different AVR's which they are working at to fix it... (I can't answer what's about DTS-HD)
    Generally at the moment there are only 2-3 different rk3288'er devices with stock EU available...

EDIT
    Also have a look at:

RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
    X