Tronsmart vs Beelink vs Ubox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart vs Beelink vs Ubox?

Hey, I am planning on buying one come Tuesday. It will be my first Android Box so right now I am a bit oversaturated with info.

I have narrowed it down to the Tronsmart or Beelink/Ubox (design-wise I anted the IPPLI ip.i9 but I'm guessing the chances for a firmware upgrade are slim and the one gig app partition is just too small).

Other than aesthetics I don't really see what differences they have (other than maybe a mic).

So I as wondering if you guys could tell me what differences you have noted if you have used both or what you like about the one you have.

Two related questions. The CNX review said that bluetooth 4.0 LE might not be working on the Tronsmart, any experience with this on any of the devices?

Also, bluetooth keyboard compatability is very important for me. Any experience with this?

P.S. I know there is a "best device" thread but this is more specific and I am also not asking which one is best, but for the differences and what people like since "best" depends on an individual's needs and preferences.

Thanks in advance for any responses and help =)

I am in the same position as you are! I will buy Beelink R89 tomorrow from Aliexpress sale!
    Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
    Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
      I am in the same position as you are! I will buy Beelink R89 tomorrow from Aliexpress sale!
      Exactly. For what it's worth I am focusing on purchasing it with express shipping and in my case (different shipping fees to different countries) the cheapest one for both the R89 (beelink or ubox) and Tronsmart is a seller called CYZJ
      Next would be Mobase (it's a longer name but I think they're the only mobase), followed by shenzen top vision. For free shipping the cheapest seller for the beelink/ubox (can't remember which) was Shenzen Tomtop Technology.

My search focused on final price after discount (if applicable), shipping/processing speed (there was a cheaper one that promised to process the order in 30 days ) so maximum 7 days to ship,, DHL for express shipping (with the exception of one seller it was the cheapest express option, that one other seller had fedex as the cheapest).

Oh, I only looked at sellers with at least one diamond and a high percentile rating (normally above 99%). I don't mind buying from new sellers who have few badges, but not the more expensive stuff (and a hundred bucks for a starving student can be a lot).

Hope that helps you Hui91.

I prefer the tronsmart but I might go with the Beelink/Ubox for the mic. (between those two I'm leaning to the ubox just for the logo...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
        I bought my Beelink R89 2GB 16GB on holiday sale for US $98.95 plus free shipping too..
        -Chromecast with Google TV
        - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
          I bought my Beelink R89 2GB 16GB on holiday sale for US $98.95 plus free shipping too..
          I got mine for 99.7 with DHL shipping.

What really bugs me is that Aliexpress ripped me off. They have that "get $10 off for every $99" dollars spent thing and it was applied in the order confirmation page for a total of 89.77, but at the actual payment page, that discount disappeared and I got charged 99.77.

Customer Service was a joke, a friendly joke but a joke none the less.

Essentially I got ripped off by Aliexpress. Not a seller on Aliexpress but Aliexpress themselves.

Comment

Re: Tronsmart vs Beelink vs Ubox?

Originally posted by Tarwin View Post
            I got mine for 99.7 with DHL shipping.

What really bugs me is that Aliexpress ripped me off. They have that "get $10 off for every $99" dollars spent thing and it was applied in the order confirmation page for a total of 89.77, but at the actual payment page, that discount disappeared and I got charged 99.77.

Customer Service was a joke, a friendly joke but a joke none the less.

Essentially I got ripped off by Aliexpress. Not a seller on Aliexpress but Aliexpress themselves.
            It doesn't sound bad at all, but DHL shipping is free? Because I had free shipping, but not DHL..

Sent from my HM 1SW
            -Chromecast with Google TV
            - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
              It doesn't sound bad at all, but DHL shipping is free? Because I had free shipping, but not DHL..

Sent from my HM 1SW
              DHL wasn't free. I had exchanged coins from the sale games for a 10 dollar coupon (I should have gotten a further 10 dollar deduction for spending over 99 dolars but they screwed me on that one, Aliexpress, not the seller).

DHL cost $10.74 (The cheapest I've paid for DHL on aliexpress is $4 for a humidifier. But the point is if you used a coupon or bought a version which came in at 99 or more you would have paid less.

But the thing is you bought it and hopefully it will arrive intact and bring you great happiness as you go through the "new toy" phase.

Comment

Working...
              X