Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are having buffering or skipping during video playback in xbmc/kodi check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are having buffering or skipping during video playback in xbmc/kodi check this out.

Unzip this and put advancedsettings.xml into org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/userdata folder .It buffers 50megs so you need 150megs of free ram. No more streaming issues anymore.
    Attached Files
    The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

PS works wonders for online streaming. Recommended for folks with 2gb of ram.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature of mine is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Comment

Now in XBMC: System > Settings > Video > Playback - select these:

Adjust display refresh rate to match video - Always
      Sync Playback to display - ON
      -A/V sync method - Video clock (Resample audio)
      Last edited by ICU; 11-16-2014, 11:44. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by ICU View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm out of town, but am eager to try this when I get back on Tuesday.

The text file looks pretty straight forward. What line items would one change if I wanted to try buffering even higher? Say 100 megs?

Pretty much all my videos stream cleanly already across my network. Except for one which requires a wireless ac adapter on my pc to stream. I'm eager to see if this tweak might allow me to stream this file on wireless N.

Comment

Check this out for more detailed info. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...z-o3PRFRlgJPOg

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
          Thanks for the suggestion. I'm out of town, but am eager to try this when I get back on Tuesday.

The text file looks pretty straight forward. What line items would one change if I wanted to try buffering even higher? Say 100 megs?

Pretty much all my videos stream cleanly already across my network. Except for one which requires a wireless ac adapter on my pc to stream. I'm eager to see if this tweak might allow me to stream this file on wireless N.

Comment

Check this out for more detailed info. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...z-o3PRFRlgJPOg
            Thanks! I appreciate the link. I'll let you know how it goes when I get home. I didn't set my NAS for remote access, I'm eager to try this on my home network.

Comment

Anytime. I hope it helps you out.

Comment

Unzip this and put advancedsettings.xml into org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/userdata folder .It buffers 50megs so you need 150megs of free ram. No more streaming issues anymore.
                Thanks for this.
                I have a problem though when i click on a film link it normally plays pretty good, but using the above
                it says loading on screen for 2 seconds the disconnects, as if the loading has stopped loading.
                I am using Na#x if you know what i mean.
                Tried various links in Na#x with the same result.
                Separate Youtube ap works fine.
                Any ideas ?
                Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for these suggestions!

I used these methods with my Nexus 5 - and it's single band wireless AC. I saw definite improvement - based on the additional buffering, I can get through my most demanding file's stutter point without issue. This was using single band AC, which I think is limited to about 433 Mbps. Previously, I could only play this file using my PC with dual band AC (867 Mbps). This means that those of you with an RK3288 with AP6335 wifi (single band AC) - should see excellent performance using this method. I didn't use the stock 50 meg buffer, I used the link provided to triple the buffer, however.

I tried this with 300 Mbps wireless N on my tablet, and the same file didn't play as well. I'll keep trying to optimise my signal at the router.

No matter what - there's definite improvement, and now I think I can live with an RK3288 for high bitrate streaming.

Comment

Working...
                  X