Firefly-RK3288 discussing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new development board Firefly. Anyone have the same board? Let's discuss it together.

I got one too. But the SDK is really new ,I have some difficulty in understand it . such as the devices tree..

Comment

Originally posted by dave86 View Post
      I got one too. But the SDK is really new ,I have some difficulty in understand it . such as the devices tree..
      Then what's your problem on devices tree about Firefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Sun View Post
        Then what's your problem on devices tree about Firefly.
        I want to read the dts in the UBOOT and control the LED.But I do it as the kernel and it didn't work.

Comment

I want to read the dts in the UBOOT and control the LED.But I do it as the kernel and it didn't work.
          Maybe try
          For Rockchip (RK3288) the device tree file is located in resource.img.
          It can be extracted using kernel/resource_img script found in the Android SDK here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...firefly-board/ or there: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...8-beelink-r89/
          Syntax from kernel folder:
          sudo ./resource_tool --unpack output_directory
          Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/...#ixzz3JXFOUwXB

You can place the dtd file (e.g. rkdevice3.dtd) in the source tree, and generate the image:
          make rkdevice3.img -j8

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Maybe try
            For Rockchip (RK3288) the device tree file is located in resource.img.
            It can be extracted using kernel/resource_img script found in the Android SDK here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...firefly-board/ or there: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/...8-beelink-r89/
            Syntax from kernel folder:
            sudo ./resource_tool --unpack output_directory
            Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/...#ixzz3JXFOUwXB

You can place the dtd file (e.g. rkdevice3.dtd) in the source tree, and generate the image:
            make rkdevice3.img -j8
            Thank you . I gonna to know how to control LED in uboot via reading the dts file. I know how to do it in the kernel,but I was confused in the uboot.

Comment

I use the following code to turn on the blue LED. Maybe you can do that base on these code:
              static struct fdt_gpio_state led_on_gpio;

int node_led=fdt_path_offset(gd->fdt_blob, "/rkxx-remotectl");

fdtdec_decode_gpio(gd->fdt_blob, node_led, "ir-led-gpio", &led_on_gpio);

led_on_gpio.gpio = rk_gpio_base_to_bank(led_on_gpio.gpio & RK_GPIO_BANK_MASK) | (led_on_gpio.gpio & RK_GPIO_PIN_MASK);

gpio_direction_output(led_on_gpio.gpio, 0);

Comment

Firefly received

Hello,

I just got the firefly since a few hours and have been having some fun.
                Thanks to Finless I could quickly get root access (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-EZ-Root-Tool) and restore my titanium backup.

Speed is impressive and the dual band wifi is good (3mb/s on home-share between two rooms).

I've been trying to flash other RK3822 roms but did not have any success. Basically the standard rom provided with it does not have any google play item and it is not so convenient without it. The manual installation of the Google Play Store and Google Play Services did not work unfortunately.
                I wish I this device could benefit from the existing work RK3288 roms and tweaks.

Did anyone here managed to get something exciting out of it?

-spi

Comment

Originally posted by spi007 View Post
                  Hello,

I just got the firefly since a few hours and have been having some fun.
                  Thanks to Finless I could quickly get root access (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-EZ-Root-Tool) and restore my titanium backup.

Speed is impressive and the dual band wifi is good (3mb/s on home-share between two rooms).

I've been trying to flash other RK3822 roms but did not have any success. Basically the standard rom provided with it does not have any google play item and it is not so convenient without it. The manual installation of the Google Play Store and Google Play Services did not work unfortunately.
                  I wish I this device could benefit from the existing work RK3288 roms and tweaks.

Did anyone here managed to get something exciting out of it?

-spi
                  Nice! Are you buy the Firefly on this website : http://www.t-firefly.com/en/
                  Actually ,The default firmware does not contain Google Play services.But you can make it by yourself or you can ask Firefly service for help.
                  you can build your own firmware with Google Play services, by editing file
                  device/rockchip/rk3288/BoardConfig.mk, and changing the following line from:
                  BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := false
                  to:
                  BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := true

Comment

Nice! Are you buy the Firefly on this website : http://www.t-firefly.com/en/
                    Actually ,The default firmware does not contain Google Play services.But you can make it by yourself or you can ask Firefly service for help.
                    you can build your own firmware with Google Play services, by editing file
                    device/rockchip/rk3288/BoardConfig.mk, and changing the following line from:
                    BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := false
                    to:
                    BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE_MARKET := true
                    I bought it from Geekbuying.
                    I saw that BUILD_WITH_GOOGLE market flag on the Firefly forum but it seemed kind of overkill to compile the whole system for such a minor detail.

I got Mo123's rom booting. For any else wandering thru this adventure : feedback about installing the rom here , info about rooting here. Thanks to Mo and Finless!

Spi

Comment

Maybe this could help

(but I think wrong update-script (not working at rk3288) and also wrong key, but you got a lot of stuff)
                      and also have a look at
                      If you accidentally uninstalled the Play Store and you're not sure how to get it back, we're here to help! Here's how to download and install Google Play.

If you accidentally uninstalled the Play Store and you're not sure how to get it back, we're here to help! Here's how to download and install Google Play.
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Have you solved it yet?

Comment

Have you solved it yet?
                          I am sorry,I was busy these day.Yeah,I solved it. It's really different from kernel.Thank you,Albert! I gonna to say Firefly is excellent while playing game,lol. According to their community on Google+, it had come to mass production. I want an version of 4G RAM/32G eMMC as my home server.That's cool!

Comment

I am sorry,I was busy these day.Yeah,I solved it. It's really different from kernel.Thank you,Albert! I gonna to say Firefly is excellent while playing game,lol. According to their community on Google+, it had come to mass production. I want an version of 4G RAM/32G eMMC as my home server.That's cool!
                            It's ok. They said there will be the version of 4G RAM/32G eMMC next week ,then you can get one.

Comment

Anyone knows a compatible ir remote?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Forum Fiend v1.2.14.

Comment

Working...
                              X