Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a box with the capabilities available ?Best of all worlds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a box with the capabilities available ?Best of all worlds?

Hello all, I hope i am posting this in the right section, but from reading the forum this chip-set seems ideal. I currently have a CS918 quad core running XBMC with upgraded firmware and it still lags sometimes when playing a 720 show, most of the time at 1080. No I have given boxes to most of my family and each box has external hard drives and a ftp server so I can update info and such remotely suing XBMC.

My question is, since the 3188T chip-set is not truly up to the task of full 1080, unless I am mistaken and just have the wrong firmware. The RK3288 chip-set seems to have power to spare as it is designed for 4K. Ideally I would like to find a box like what Bluetimes offers with a internal hard drive slow to avoid clutter, but I would also like to be able to have a input with so that I can watch live TV from within XBMC using he TV box. Eliminating the need to switch to the cable box HDMI input. I would think this would be the ideal media center system where everything is encompassed into one box. I know computer tv tuner cards do what I am asking along with a combined IR blaster to let the computer change channels on it's own and even offer PVR capabilities. I am not so worried about the PVR stuff , just local news and things like that. Some of my family is old and explaining to them how to switch inputs can get VERY confusing.

If someone could offer me their opinion or point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

Thanks,

James

Please look into Draco AW80
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...aco-AW80-today!
    Finless Bob is excited about it.

Comment

Looks good but one more question

Thanks for the reply, I have since read everything there is to read on the box and it seems like one powerful box, and it is supplied by the best supplier. My one question still stands. Can I or how do I display live tv thru the box? USB tuner? I have yet to find a definitive answer. Of course I am sure it is on the forum somewhere but I have yet to find it. Has anyone else?

Thanks again all for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mxport25 View Post
        1.) Ideally I would like to find a box like what Bluetimes offers with a internal hard drive slow to avoid clutter,
        2.) but I would also like to be able to have a input with so that I can watch live TV from within XBMC using he TV box.
        3.) Eliminating the need to switch to the cable box HDMI input.
        1.) I don't really understand what you talk about? About stutters? Because of performance there dosn't exist a need for an internal device, USB 2.0 is fast enough because you will get a data-throughput of ~240Mbit/sec with a HDD and the data-rate at high quality 1080P files are ~40Mbit/sec (also enough reserve for 4K )

2.) If you what to use an USB-Tuner you have to install TVHeadEnd modules which are not confirmed to run at rk3288 and AW80 at the moment, but you can build an extra TVHeadEnd-server (e.g. PC) as backend... There also exist e way with e.g. SAT-receiver running 'enigma2'... generally both are using XBMC with the right add-on as frontend to watch the streams...

3.) I also don't understand what you talk about?

Generally at the moment nearly every content you throw at the rk3288 is running fine but not at the AW80...
        RK3288 seems to have problems with SD at 2.) (no infos at AW80 available at the moment because the SoC is too new)
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
        X